Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
yeah gently caress him. He sounds like kind of a knob anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
100% with the restaurant, gently caress that goon

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Eat the salad, read the restaurant rules, don't name your bullshit Boris Johnson defender book after a real book about pogroms. Simple practices that anyone should be able to understand.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I know it's stupid but I'm not going to eat that salad. Not even for £50 because I don't eat salad.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I also probably would be satisfied paying 50 quid for a giant plate of grease and not having to eat the salad.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
UKMT 2024: Baldman eat the salad

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
usually if you eat it all you get it free though

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I've been watching videos on youtube lately of competitive eaters, they will push through anything to the point where you wonder if physics is being violated, this guy couldn't even eat a salad, he should get an anti-award, a trophy that says he is crap

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Einstein consuming infinite salads by reducing their mass by the square of the speed of light vinaigrette.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

smellmycheese posted:

However the restaurant's own most recent breakdown of what the challenge includes fails to mention any salad.

landlord of another stripe doesn't want to pay out? quelle surprise

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Salads really are kinda gross though. Vegetables are great but only cooked IMO. Salads all just taste vile to me.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

"What was the technicality?"

"He didn't eat all the food."

That's... not a technicality. That's the literal challenge. That's like saying you were denied an Olympic Gold in the 100m sprint because of the 'technicality' of only running 95 meters.

Also lmfao imagine being such a danger you go "I don't eat salad :colbert:" fuckin hell mate it's not a point of principle you're just bald

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Challenge says you have to eat what gets put on your plate, if he was given the chance to exchange the salad for chips or onion rings and chose not to and then avoided the salad then that's on him. If the pub is falsely claiming that the salad could be switched but didn't offer the option then that's on them.

Clearly an impasse that needs Richard Madeley showing up with a Sten Mk 5 to strongarm the kitchen.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What if the salad was on a side plate?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Lord William Blackstone brought in as a hanging judge for salad purposes.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Ms Adequate posted:

Also lmfao imagine being such a danger you go "I don't eat salad :colbert:" fuckin hell mate it's not a point of principle you're just bald

OwlFancier is a good lad, mostly, not sure of their bald dtatus

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Onion rings are a salad

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Failed Imagineer posted:

Extremely un-bald, covered in hair, as all humans should be to the best of their ability.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I'm a vegan. This £50 challenge gonna be a piece of piss!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Failed Imagineer posted:

I was talking about the pub man! Owly's cool, feathered rather than behaired though. I assume. There's nothing wrong with not liking salads but going "I won't do it even for fifty quid, because I don't eat salads." isn't how someone who hates salad speaks, it's how someone who thinks they're too manly for salads speaks.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Feathers are like fractal hairs, thus the feathered animal is the maximalist form of the haired animal, and thus, ideal.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Ate steak
Ate chips
Didn't eat salad

Simple as

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I'm now imagining a policy where your benefits are stopped if you don't eat a whole salad while a DWP agent watches you

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Ms Adequate posted:

"What was the technicality?"

"He didn't eat all the food."

That's... not a technicality. That's the literal challenge. That's like saying you were denied an Olympic Gold in the 100m sprint because of the 'technicality' of only running 95 meters.

Hair are your aerials. They pick up signals from the cosmos and transmit them directly into the brain. This is the reason bald-headed men are uptight.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Won't eat a salad, loving save me. :jerkbag:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ms Adequate posted:

Owly's cool, feathered rather than behaired though.
Getting strong Latin Christmas Carol vibes from this phrasing.

Ergo qui natus, die hodierna
Pennatis quam pilosis
Patris aeterni Verbum caro factum

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Hair are your aerials. They pick up signals from the cosmos and transmit them directly into the brain. This is the reason bald-headed men are uptight.
Hairials :hmmyes:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Brendan Rodgers posted:

The bald are the inveterate foe of Xenu and Posadas both.

Microplastics posted:

I'm now imagining a policy where your benefits are stopped if you don't eat a whole salad while a DWP agent watches you

Actually, when you put it like that my sympathy for the bloke increases a thousandfold...

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Microplastics posted:

You wasted food and therefore money given you by the hard-working taxpayer.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Runcible Cat posted:

You wasted food and therefore money given you by the hard-working taxpayer.

"There's starving children in Africa would love to have that. We know because we starved 'em."

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Starmer's 10 pledges have been removed from the website:

https://keirstarmer.com/plans/10-pledges/

Fortunately, we have the web archive:

(The 10 pledges are on there, but it was too long to imgur them all)

https://web.archive.org/web/20200221233655/https://keirstarmer.com/plans/10-pledges/

I bet Kieth eats salad.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
If you dont eat salad you should hang out with me and let me eat all the bits of cucumber

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ms Adequate posted:

"There's starving children in Africa would love to have that. We know because we starved 'em."
Bring back conscription. Also hope like all hell that none of the new conscripts find out anything about what we did in East Africa like some of the last lot of national service lads did.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mr Phillby posted:

If you dont eat salad you should hang out with me and let me eat all the bits of cucumber

Cucumber is a strange and terrible thing. Pickled it is nice, but raw it is rank and worse, contaminates everything it touches with an overpowering flavour of cucumber.

The work of a malevolent creator, certainly.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The Commonwealth acetic acid washed and shrunken way of the relish

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Mr Phillby posted:

One of my cats used to like cucumber (slices if they fell on the floor).

I wonder what is going on in these cats' brains when they see whole cucumbers? Snake maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBrZsgy4-SQ

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

OwlFancier posted:

Cucumber is a strange and terrible thing. Pickled it is nice, but raw it is rank and worse, contaminates everything it touches with an overpowering flavour of cucumber.

The work of a malevolent creator, certainly.

"Overpowering flavour of cucumber"

Y'know, I enjoy cucumber but I'm not sure anyone in human history has ever described it as having an overpowering flavour of anything.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

One of my cats used to like cucumber (slices if they fell on the floor).

I wonder what is going on in these cats' brains when they see whole cucumbers? Snake maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBrZsgy4-SQ

Snake is the theory yeah.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

"Overpowering flavour of cucumber"

Y'know, I enjoy cucumber but I'm not sure anyone in human history has ever described it as having an overpowering flavour of anything.

That's what everyone else tells me but to me it has an extremely strong flavour to the point that it's the most noticeable component of anything with it in.

It is a bit random though, some cucumbers have it and others don't. Not sure if there's some weird variety or age related thing that I'm picking up.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

:psypop: The idea that cucumbers have an overpowering flavour is possibly the most demented thing that has ever been posted in UKMT for the last decade plus. Everyone I know who dislikes cucumber does so precisely because they feel it has no flavour at all. And those of us who like it usually do so because we appreciate the very subtle and gentle flavour combined with a nice cronch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

happyhippy posted:

I'm a vegan. This £50 challenge gonna be a piece of piss!

I don't think piss is vegan