Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Failed Imagineer posted:

All I know is even if you save me from a-fib after I stroke out while taking a massive poo poo, if you don't call me "Sir" for the entire ambulance ride I'm gonna be hitting that yellow "mildly displeased" button on my way out the door

well it’s mostly that people call for the sniffles to “be seen faster” and their medic who just pronounced an entire family in a burning car or told a mom her baby was dead or something wasn’t properly deferential or concerned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

well it’s mostly that people call for the sniffles to “be seen faster” and their medic who just pronounced an entire family in a burning car or told a mom her baby was dead or something wasn’t properly deferential or concerned.

*finger hovers over 1 star rating on AmbulnZr* you were saying? :smug:

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

The only real side benefit is that I'm doing the work of a sysadmin every day now and can hopefully put it on my resume to skip a few job titles between what I have and what should have.

Please leave. And by that I mean switch jobs to get a giant paycheck increase and better conditions.

Also I love remembering that the origin of The Customer Is Always Right is literally a menswear store compromising on their sense of style because people were giving them money for badly matched suits. The intent was "do whatever gets you the easy paycheck" not "all customers must be treated like royalty".

Incidentally, a lot of customers deserve to be treated like royalty :guillotine:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Orange Devil posted:

A lot of managers work the exact same way. Hire someone with specific qualifications, experience and knowledge to do something, then for some idiotic reason try to tell them how to do their job rather than letting them do it.

Well yeah. The managers make more money so they're more correct.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

LeeMajors posted:

she works from home and just listening to these boomer middle managers griping about her designs and how she had to defend herself to these loving room temp morons drives me insane.

you hired her company for a reason!
As a designer, the overwhelming majority of your job is defending your work against the lowest common denominator, MBA-holding freaks who think they know graphic design because their nephew can gently caress around in Photoshop.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Abner Assington posted:

As a designer, the overwhelming majority of your job is defending your work against the lowest common denominator, MBA-holding freaks who think they know graphic design because their nephew can gently caress around in Photoshop.

I'm sorry, the photoshop nephew has lost his gig to AI

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

EoinCannon posted:

I'm sorry, the photoshop nephew has lost his gig to AI

nonsense, the photoshop nephew of yesteryear is today's AI guru telling uncle it's so easy just type in what you want

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Abner Assington posted:

Two weeks ago i got to listen to the previous site designer, whose site was unnavigable and childish, fire off an “IM SORRY AND IF EVERYONE ELSE DISAGREES ILL BACK OFF BUT I HATE IT” and then complain loudly about wanting much bigger text and how some of the text covered up some pics.

her poo poo looked like it was built on geocities

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

BonHair posted:

Please leave. And by that I mean switch jobs to get a giant paycheck increase and better conditions.

Also I love remembering that the origin of The Customer Is Always Right is literally a menswear store compromising on their sense of style because people were giving them money for badly matched suits. The intent was "do whatever gets you the easy paycheck" not "all customers must be treated like royalty".

Incidentally, a lot of customers deserve to be treated like royalty :guillotine:

oh i've been looking for over a year now, it's mostly that i'm paid weirdly well where i am so anything that isn't a step up title wise would be a decrease in what i make, which i'm not willing to do

plus i get to post instead of working most days

LeeMajors posted:

Two weeks ago i got to listen to the previous site designer, whose site was unnavigable and childish, fire off an “IM SORRY AND IF EVERYONE ELSE DISAGREES ILL BACK OFF BUT I HATE IT” and then complain loudly about wanting much bigger text and how some of the text covered up some pics.

her poo poo looked like it was built on geocities

i hate it when people are like that, good web design is really important, especially for accessibility

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

I made ford's face when I learned they're still making those

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Henry Ford won that one.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Paladinus posted:

Henry Ford won that one.

I dunno, it’s not “cultural Fordism” ruining our children

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Isn't it tho?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Arivia posted:

That's actually depressingly accurate to what is making America poo poo. Cars, work ethic, homogenisation, mass production and capitalism. I'm gonna use Cultural Fordism from now on

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Arivia posted:

“you can have a revolution in any color you want, as long as it’s red.”

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

BonHair posted:

That's actually depressingly accurate to what is making America poo poo. Cars, work ethic, homogenisation, mass production and capitalism. I'm gonna use Cultural Fordism from now on

:hmmyes:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Complications posted:

nonsense, the photoshop nephew of yesteryear is today's AI guru telling uncle it's so easy just type in what you want

They came up with a fancy new title for it didn't they? Something smoething engineer even

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Senior applied AI technologist (guy who makes AI prompts)

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
Senior Request Architect

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

VP of virtual sourcing

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
The ERBs are clever and rewatchable (I never get all the jokes and references in the first watch). Glad they're still making em.

That one was pretty good, classic argument about marx and communism. "These Marxists and communists are trying to help people but it always works out bad! ... that's why we need to openly never help anyone but ourselves!"

Real anakin Skywalker "it's the jedi who are evil!" energy. I mean the jedi may be failures, but the sith openly identify as evil.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

BRJurgis posted:

The ERBs are clever and rewatchable (I never get all the jokes and references in the first watch). Glad they're still making em.

That one was pretty good, classic argument about marx and communism. "These Marxists and communists are trying to help people but it always works out bad! ... that's why we need to openly never help anyone but ourselves!"

Real anakin Skywalker "it's the jedi who are evil!" energy. I mean the jedi may be failures, but the sith openly identify as evil.

Jedi are more evil actually. sith are entirely a Jedi created problem

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
is this where i brag about working a blue collar job where i can tell people to hit the bricks and my boss (and his boss) will stand right behind me and go "that's right, hit the bricks"

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Peanut President posted:

is this where i brag about working a blue collar job where i can tell people to hit the bricks and my boss (and his boss) will stand right behind me and go "that's right, hit the bricks"

Do you get to use a hammer or something at least, because that sounds like an awful way to make.money

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

500excf type r posted:

Do you get to use a hammer or something at least, because that sounds like an awful way to make.money

huh

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Hitting bricks

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Peanut President posted:

Is this where I can complain about the fact that I've worked front facing customer service jobs for such a large portion of my life that I can literally read people's minds and it sucks because people are gross

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Is this where I can complain about the fact that I've worked front facing customer service jobs for such a large portion of my life that I can literally read people's minds and it sucks because people are gross

I think you only get to complain about how gross people are if you’re an attractive woman working customer service. that’s its own circle of hell beyond normal service with hell

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

SpacePig posted:

Hitting bricks

huh

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

poisonpill posted:

I think you only get to complain about how gross people are if you’re an attractive woman working customer service. that’s its own circle of hell beyond normal service with hell

It's true, I am an ugly, ugly man

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Maybe try a different hairstyle?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

my younger sister was a model and worked in a restaurant as a server at the time and if she could have converted gross comments into nickels she’d be retired in Monaco

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Oh gently caress. The blue collar worker defense

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Ruffian Price posted:

Oh gently caress. The blue collar worker defense

huh

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Subjunctive posted:

my younger sister was a model and worked in a restaurant as a server at the time and if she could have converted gross comments into nickels she’d be retired in Monaco

my hot model sister

BUUNNI
Jun 23, 2023

by Pragmatica
buh?!

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

my hot model stepsister

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

3.5 months to full transification

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Orange Devil posted:

A lot of managers work the exact same way. Hire someone with specific qualifications, experience and knowledge to do something, then for some idiotic reason try to tell them how to do their job rather than letting them do it.
Infamously, Google, back in the oughties, hired some of the greatest, biggest-name UI designers in the world, and then insisted on A/B testing every single feature independent of the whole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

That's two more gross comments to the list, from people who weren't even interacting directly with the service worker in question