Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ahsoka S2 confirmed it seems:

https://twitter.com/sw_holocron/status/1727124052890820729

With the strike over I assume we’ll probably get the rest of Andor sometime next year or so as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Ahsoka S2, featuring Ray Stevenson, apparently

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Ahsoka S2, featuring Ray Stevenson, apparently

I’m pretty sure all of those images are from the first season

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I wish he would have outlined a plot for season one!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

banned from Starbucks posted:

I wish he would have outlined a plot for season one!

I wish he didn't!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Oh ho ho ho

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I'm slowly going through the first couple series of the Clone Wars that I never watched and there's a moment on Coruscant where Ahsoka and Plo Koon head to the underworld.

They grab a skiff-for-hire and I noticed it had ads playing on the side of it as they flew along.

Such a tiny detail, but one of those things which really fleshes out a world.

And speaking of, having the subtitles on any time they're running around on the planet reveals some amazing stuff. There are huge billboards of Chancellor Sheev speaking about the war and needing everyone to work together and all that. One billboard in the background of one shot, where you couldn't even really hear it has subtitles saying "I want to end these rumours that it was the Jedi who started the war and have been plotting to take over the Republic. We have every trust in our Jedi friends."

Just quietly putting that idea in people's head and letting it percolate for years is some grade A supervillain sit.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Megillah Gorilla posted:

And speaking of, having the subtitles on any time they're running around on the planet reveals some amazing stuff. There are huge billboards of Chancellor Sheev speaking about the war and needing everyone to work together and all that. One billboard in the background of one shot, where you couldn't even really hear it has subtitles saying "I want to end these rumours that it was the Jedi who started the war and have been plotting to take over the Republic. We have every trust in our Jedi friends."

Just quietly putting that idea in people's head and letting it percolate for years is some grade A supervillain sit.

"I have also heard false rumors that Kit Fisto is a massive punk who gets owned regularly. There is no truth whatsoever to the speculation that on his last mission he tripped over a railing and fell into a Trade Federation battleship's sewage recycling system."

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I'm slowly going through the first couple series of the Clone Wars that I never watched and there's a moment on Coruscant where Ahsoka and Plo Koon head to the underworld.

They grab a skiff-for-hire and I noticed it had ads playing on the side of it as they flew along.

Such a tiny detail, but one of those things which really fleshes out a world.

For anyone wondering, it says "SHOWGIRLS" :heysexy:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The cartoon is insanely horny for Twi'leks girls.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The cartoon is insanely horny for Twi'leks girls.

Pretty sure that was a Star Wars tradition going back to Return of the Jedi.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The cartoonDave Filoni is insanely horny for Twi'leks girls.

Fixed

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Let's be fair. Filoni is a wife-guy nerd. He's snuck his wife's name into a few things, besides her being a Star Wars content creator, herself.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm not a big fan of Filoni, but I respect a wife guy. Wives are the best and if you aren't at least a little obsessed with your wife you probably have a lovely marriage.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Baronjutter posted:

I'm not a big fan of Filoni, but I respect a wife guy. Wives are the best and if you aren't at least a little obsessed with your wife you probably have a lovely marriage.

See, I’m not a huge Filoni fan, but I’m also single (lol, lmao) so I can’t relate.
Well that’s a lie, were I to have a wife I think I’d be at least a little obsessed with her, that seems like a sensible thing to do.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Marsupial Ape posted:

Let's be fair. Filoni is a wife-guy nerd. He's snuck his wife's name into a few things, besides her being a Star Wars content creator, herself.

If that gave us Hera then it's okay, because she is cool and good.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I can't really comment if that opinion is derived mainly from the character of hera in the cartoons. But hera was easily in the running for most stupid and awful in the ahsoka show. Quite an achievement in a show that also had ahsoka and sabine in it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Xenomrph posted:

seems like a sensible thing to do.

Absolutely :hai:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hers wasn't stupid and awful, just everything around her was.

"An escaped imperial prisoner we tracked down to this shipyard stole a giant engine and warped to a specific planet with it, we put a tracking device on her ship, we need to check it out. She was an associate of Thrawn and is trying to get him back"

The Republic: You have got to end your obsession with Thrawn. You're unhinged and a loose cannon. Stand down.

"So we went to the planet and there were three dark Jedi and a bunch of hk droids and they took off in a giant hyperspace array like we warned you, we have several witnesses to this."

The Republic: You will be court martialed for your insubordination. Stop chasing ghosts.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Dawgstar posted:

If that gave us Hera then it's okay, because she is cool and good.

I vote we start referring to Filoni as “Convery’s husband”, since she seems to be more fun than him.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

John Wick of Dogs posted:

"An escaped imperial prisoner we tracked down to this shipyard stole a giant engine and warped to a specific planet with it, we put a tracking device on her ship, we need to check it out. She was an associate of Thrawn and is trying to get him back"

The Republic: You have got to end your obsession with Thrawn. You're unhinged and a loose cannon. Stand down.

"So we went to the planet and there were three dark Jedi and a bunch of hk droids and they took off in a giant hyperspace array like we warned you, we have several witnesses to this."

The Republic: You will be court martialed for your insubordination. Stop chasing ghosts.

To be entirely fair to the show creators, this essentially just happened in real life, where the political necessity of hoping a presumed defeated enemy remained defeated was allowed to override lots of intelligence pointing to the opposite reality.

E: Also also people with what would be staff officer ranks in any other rational army being deployed to the front lines.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Dec 3, 2023

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

stole a giant engine
The worst/dumbest part is that this never even was brought up. Some vague statement of Hera's along the lines of "the Imperial loyalists at the shipyard were working towards a larger goal" was as good as it got.

And sure, you'd think the briefly mentioned off-screen investigations into the whole affair would uncover the sudden absence of an entire SSD hyperdrive core. But as the New Republic never is seen coming round to taking Hera's suspicions more seriously… :shrug:

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

MMAgCh posted:

The worst/dumbest part is that this never even was brought up. Some vague statement of Hera's along the lines of "the Imperial loyalists at the shipyard were working towards a larger goal" was as good as it got.

And sure, you'd think the briefly mentioned off-screen investigations into the whole affair would uncover the sudden absence of an entire SSD hyperdrive core. But as the New Republic never is seen coming round to taking Hera's suspicions more seriously… :shrug:
So, it was a dumb thing to overlook, but who should we blame for that? Are we to imagine that Hera just never mentioned it to the New Republic and so it is her fault. Or (this seems more likely to me) the New Republic obviously had all the information we had (even stuff we didn't see get communicated on screen) and for highly motivated political reasons they refused to connect the dots.

Of course, the real reason is the writers didn't think it through or care to show us the situation being treated with the gravity it should. But in an ongoing saga that still leaves us with the question of how to think of the characters.

As someone who's seen Rebels, I don't think pinning that particular lapse on Hera makes sense. I'd agree with the position that dumb things happen around Hera in that show, rather than assume that she's being dumb. I can understand if you haven't seen Rebels you might not give a poo poo and blame Hera, but for the sake of potentially enjoying future stories, I'd recommend not doing that and giving her the benefit of the doubt here, even if you don't forgive the rest of the story or the writers. She was a voice of sanity crying into the madness.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Eiba posted:

So, it was a dumb thing to overlook, but who should we blame for that? Are we to imagine that Hera just never mentioned it to the New Republic and so it is her fault. Or (this seems more likely to me) the New Republic obviously had all the information we had (even stuff we didn't see get communicated on screen) and for highly motivated political reasons they refused to connect the dots.

A big reason was that one politician who refused to believe the Empire would ever be a threat again.

And, in Resistance, he refused to believe the First Order were a threat - right up until they blew up his loving planet.

After that? Well, we'll never know because the show got cancelled, but I like to think he's out there going "Maybe it was an accident all those planets blew up at the same time?"

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

She brought her kid around which was stupid

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

HootTheOwl posted:

She brought her kid around which was stupid

Star Wars has been about kids in combat since it existed

It's a show

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

No it hasn't. It's pretty much just Episode 1, and that was the jedi trying to keep Anakin *out* of the fighting. Bring Your Kid To War day is pretty much TCW cartoons and successors.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

No it hasn't. It's pretty much just Episode 1, and that was the jedi trying to keep Anakin *out* of the fighting. Bring Your Kid To War day is pretty much TCW cartoons and successors.

Aww but I wanted to go to Toshi station, whined the adult who got grounded by his uncle

Yeah I guess

Padawans have been explicitly kids in theory since Ep1 though

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

People are Padawans for a very long time in the prequels. From the goofy little toddlers yoda trains up to whatever the hell age Obi-Wan is in TPM.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

banned from Starbucks posted:

People are Padawans for a very long time in the prequels. From the goofy little toddlers yoda trains up to whatever the hell age Obi-Wan is in TPM.

Yeah, one of the lead characters in High Republic is a Jedi Knight at 16 and that's regarded as super young.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Eiba posted:

Of course, the real reason is the writers didn't think it through or care to show us the situation being treated with the gravity it should. But in an ongoing saga that still leaves us with the question of how to think of the characters.
For the record, yes, I am holding the writers responsible for the entire thing. (Which I suppose means Filoni himself, as he is the only one credited.) Personally I am not going to try to make sense of the characters' actions when the flaws lie within the narrative itself, though. :v:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Bring Your Kid To War day is pretty much TCW cartoons and successors.

isn't that easily a majority of the star wars media made in the last, what, 15 years?

like, even the Kenobi mini had that going on

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
hell a bunch of the Visions cartoons definitely have children in combat too

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

isn't that easily a majority of the star wars media made in the last, what, 15 years?

The clones are only a few years old when fully grown therefore they are technically child soldiers, in this essay i will

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Spookydonut posted:

The clones are only a few years old when fully grown therefore they are technically child soldiers, in this essay i will

i mean, yes. they're child slaves with bombs in their heads.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Spookydonut posted:

Unironically agree with this take, even if the fiction is interested in exploring it in only the most superficial ways.

Larryb posted:

With the strike over I assume we’ll probably get the rest of Andor sometime next year or so as well

Here's hoping. I should give it a rewatch.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

MMAgCh posted:

It's the same reasoning Padme didn't bring in the Jedi who witnessed the blockade and invasion and had their ship destroyed by the Trade Federation, when the Trade Federation said there was no proof of a blockade and invasion.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Andor might end up getting pushed into early 2025 due to the strikes.

It's pretty likely Acolyte and Skeleton Crew are the only Star wars TV that comes out next year.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dexo posted:

Andor might end up getting pushed into early 2025 due to the strikes.

It's pretty likely Acolyte and Skeleton Crew are the only Star wars TV that comes out next year.

There’s also the third and final season of Bad Batch (I think I heard something a while back about them doing another round of Tales of the Jedi episodes as well)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Larryb posted:

There’s also the third and final season of Bad Batch (I think I heard something a while back about them doing another round of Tales of the Jedi episodes as well)

I was just thinking Live action, but yeah BB S3 and the new TotJ probably come out next year at some point as well.