Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Sex Farm posted:

Are there any podcasts by wrestlers not about wrestking . Like the honky tonk man having a bitcoin podcast

I remember that Stevie Richards had a podcast about technology but he seems to have deleted it and went to do fitness vids. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

dont listen to them bix. you're the best rovert in the biz

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

another classic wrestlehut meltdown from someone with social media addiction induced psychosis glad I was here for it I guess

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
if only Bix posted about Between the Sheets the podcast where every episode is longer than all of AEW's weekly programming

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

fez_machine posted:

if only Bix posted about Behind the Sheets the podcast where every episode is longer than all of AEW's weekly programming

were the engagement levels high?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Bix is a weiner and the way he acts is insufferable.

Anyway, for content: I’m going to give a take and I’m not sure if it’s hot or not: I really like the Garret and Dave shows, but I don’t like the Bryan and Dave shows or Wrestling Observer Live. Am I weird?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

fart blood posted:

Bix is a weiner and the way he acts is insufferable.

Anyway, for content: I’m going to give a take and I’m not sure if it’s hot or not: I really like the Garret and Dave shows, but I don’t like the Bryan and Dave shows or Wrestling Observer Live. Am I weird?

I like WOR to hear Dave's opinions and Garret is a much better Dave delivery system than Bryan.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Twitter users have a lot of trouble here because you actually need to engage with the other voices

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Garrett sucks, Bryan is the best Dave sidekick

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
I think my ideal wrestling podcast would be something like "hey Dave, tell me about WCCW in the 80's" or whatever and then pressing stop around the two hour mark. zero editing

I also finally jumped on the Deadlock patreon, big lol at them hating big on Royce Gracie because he keeps winning with his move

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

deadlock is so much fun

I have probably said this before but it would be rad if they did their own 'deadlock sync' for each episode like osw review does for theirs but I figure that would probably significantly slow down their output

I'm glad there are fans out there that do them because having the clips included from what they're talking about makes it even better

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Whoolighams posted:

I think my ideal wrestling podcast would be something like "hey Dave, tell me about WCCW in the 80's" or whatever and then pressing stop around the two hour mark. zero editing

I also finally jumped on the Deadlock patreon, big lol at them hating big on Royce Gracie because he keeps winning with his move

Yeah there was one where he talked about like the first 10 UFCs and it was brilliant for that reason.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

deadlock is so much fun

I have probably said this before but it would be rad if they did their own 'deadlock sync' for each episode like osw review does for theirs but I figure that would probably significantly slow down their output

I'm glad there are fans out there that do them because having the clips included from what they're talking about makes it even better

its funnier when its third party people doing it because you get things like showing Hogan going up for the Wall's chokeslam, James saying he went up way higher for The Wall's chokeslam than he did for the Undertaker's chokeslam years later and then showing the Undertaker chokeslam where Hogan goes up like a full foot higher than the Wall's with the caption "idk about that one chief"

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Alaois posted:

its funnier when its third party people doing it because you get things like showing Hogan going up for the Wall's chokeslam, James saying he went up way higher for The Wall's chokeslam than he did for the Undertaker's chokeslam years later and then showing the Undertaker chokeslam where Hogan goes up like a full foot higher than the Wall's with the caption "idk about that one chief"

Link please

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k0isti0xMY&t=1493s

i was wrong it was Johnny, not James who said it

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

One early UFC SGH per month isn't gonna cut it, they're so funny.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Whoolighams posted:

my ideal would be a meltzer history of rollerderby podcast but the cowards refuse to do it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

does butthole head guy commentate on any other ones

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

if they were smart they would do a 25 buck a month exclusive ufc patreon

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Whoolighams posted:

:rip: Sin Limite.

Though to be fair, you could say,"Dave, tell me about the latest ratings quarters" and he could just as easily end up going on a two hour sideline about WCCW in the 80s anyway.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Wrestling Observer podcasts should start with the volume fading up mid-sentence of Dave talking about something, have a few questions thrown in there by people trying to wrangle him, and then fade out at exactly the 90 minute mark

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Lamuella posted:

Wrestling Observer podcasts should start with the volume fading up mid-sentence of Dave talking about something, have a few questions thrown in there by people trying to wrangle him, and then fade out at exactly the 90 minute mark

It should start with Dave telling an implausible story full of name dropping over the theme song Hollywood Handbook style

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

:rip: Sin Limite.

Though to be fair, you could say,"Dave, tell me about the latest ratings quarters" and he could just as easily end up going on a two hour sideline about WCCW in the 80s anyway.

https://x.com/goodbadhungee/status/1730386542915420479

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Will the Pisscast return if I can get Meltzer as a guest?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1731202965036548180?s=20

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
lmao

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lol Dave and Garret has extensive DVR discussion as well

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I listened to the Andrew Zarian WOL (I don't know why, I was bored!) and his co-host appeared to seriously suggest that AEW should pursue running Dynamite etc on Twitch? :psyduck:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Zarian is from Garrett's tech bro side so of course they'd be in on over hyped tech thing that people will think may big money but hasn't even come close

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Zarian is from Garrett's tech bro side so of course they'd be in on over hyped tech thing that people will think may big money but hasn't even come close

Doesn't Zarian work at a strip club in New York?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

fez_machine posted:

lol Dave and Garret has extensive DVR discussion as well

This story MUST continue

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Doesn't Zarian work at a strip club in New York?

He has some of the best TV contacts in wrestling media somehow

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

sleep with the vicious posted:

He has some of the best TV contacts in wrestling media somehow

Heh, yeah it's been quite the year with Raw going to TV-14 and AEW getting that billion dollar deal with WBD with the tape library debuting on Max imminently.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Piracy continues to be a better service than any of the legit ones

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Andrew Zarian WOLs were the final straw for me a year or so ago. I was getting fed up with Simperveevee but Zarian is another level of awful

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I have never listened to Zarian episode

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

me neither

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

He’s what many would call here “a little stinker”.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

He’s what many would call here “a little stinker”.

a real "looney toon."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

What are his crimes. I have never listened to one of his episodes but I've also listened to like 4 eps ever in general.