Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Pants Donkey posted:

I’m still amazed they launched the player card system with jack all. Can’t wait to have options besides Chucky in like a week

rydiafan posted:

Every Steam/console achievement deserves to be a card or banner.

From what I hear they're going to be adding some based on achievements and getting a character to p100 that will be retroactive. But it's stupid that they launched it with no options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

The (likely to be empty) box replaces the survivor outcome on the postgame summary screen, so you can't tell who lived/died any more!

So, they launched it with -1 options

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

BrewingTea posted:

The (likely to be empty) box replaces the survivor outcome on the postgame summary screen, so you can't tell who lived/died any more!

So, they launched it with -1 options

Nah it's just moved to the left side. Took me a minute to spot it too.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Don't get my wrong, people will eventually adapt to hex two can play, but God drat is it funny right now

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Finding a streamer was live during the match they played with you is so awesome. One of my survivor teammates was live.

Got to see his commentary as he refused to heal me and sat on a gen ("I'm doing this gen, go do your own thing") despite the fact that he was full health with no hooks and I, well, was not, while OUR OTHER TWO TEAMMATES WERE BOTH DYING ON HOOK.

Later on I also got to see him being extremely pissed off and beside himself, calling me a bitch, wondering what could have possibly compelled me to team up with the killer and lead them to his location.

poo poo dude it boggles the mind

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Chucky works because he's fun and loving funny. Behavior is slowly learning the lesson that not every killer has to be serious, starting with the Trickster really and then gradually making killers more vocal. I know we'll never get it but man Chucky gives me hope for Robert Englund Freddy.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Yeah the continued bumping up of voiced killers has done a lot for the feel, like if they'd added Chucky but no Brad Dourif (And Jennifer Tilly) dialogue I'd be like what's the fuckin point.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Yardbomb posted:

Yeah the continued bumping up of voiced killers has done a lot for the feel, like if they'd added Chucky but no Brad Dourif (And Jennifer Tilly) dialogue I'd be like what's the fuckin point.

Oh what, they got Jennifer Tilly in for Tiffany's lines?? Don't make me come back to dbd drat it

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Oh what, they got Jennifer Tilly in for Tiffany's lines?? Don't make me come back to dbd drat it

They absolutely did, and it owns.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Relyssa posted:

They absolutely did, and it owns.

Fuuuck

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Not only that but Chucky's ghost of his human self helps her hook survivors and they interact too. I was skeptical at first but this too, owns.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

One of her actual voice lines is

"And the Oscar goes to "Jennifer tilly doing a falsetto survivor getting hooked scream""

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I hooked my laptop up to my TV in the living room and gave a Chucky match a shot using a controller....how the gently caress does anyone successfully play this game with a controller? 3 gens done and I didn't even hit anyone heh.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Medullah posted:

I hooked my laptop up to my TV in the living room and gave a Chucky match a shot using a controller....how the gently caress does anyone successfully play this game with a controller? 3 gens done and I didn't even hit anyone heh.

I play survivor with controller and it isn't bad but Killer? You need to be able to be good at FPS with controller in order for this to work.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

tithin posted:

One of her actual voice lines is

"And the Oscar goes to "Jennifer tilly doing a falsetto survivor getting hooked scream""
While I tend to prefer Chucky’s lines, Tiffany roasting Survivors for their screams are all incredibly good.

I imagine Tiffany is a good skin if you plan on maining Chucky, as her lines are more low-key and probably won’t get as old as Chucky screaming pisshead every fifteen seconds.

I hope the next Survivor gets in-game lines like Cage. Not necessarily jokes but just something to add more character, especially for original, BVHR-made characters.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Killer hooks a survivor and you're within 20 yards and crouched.

Your new survivor looks over their shoulder directly into the 4th wall. "Well, THAT just happened."

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Nick Cage being added to this game is still funny to me.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Medullah posted:

We Console Killer mains are simply stronger and more resilient than our keyboard counterparts

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Doomykins posted:

Killer hooks a survivor and you're within 20 yards and crouched.

Your new survivor looks over their shoulder directly into the 4th wall. "Well, THAT just happened."
I’ll accept this so long as they add a laugh track complete with cheering when Ash stuns a killer and awwwws whenever a survivor boops Pig.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Big Mean Jerk posted:

We Console Killer mains are simply stronger and more resilient than our keyboard counterparts

A controller is much easier to throw against a wall than a keyboard. Unless you've got a wireless keyboard.

idontpost69
Jun 26, 2023
I would really like to see a more goodguy biased alternate audio/outfit.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

idontpost69 posted:

Dammit, I was gonna say you'll get the reboot version, but then remembered he's a 'Buddi'

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Pants Donkey posted:

I imagine Tiffany is a good skin if you plan on maining Chucky, as her lines are more low-key and probably won’t get as old as Chucky screaming pisshead every fifteen seconds.

I was afraid of this happening, but honestly it hasn't gotten old for me at all (though that's on survivor side, I haven't played him on killer yet). Maybe I'm 5 years old but the repeated yelling is so loving funny to me and even makes me have more fun when I'm having a rough match. It's hard to be sour when the killer is shouting "DIPSHIT" at your teammates. :allears:

It's also WAY funnier when you sell out your teammate to the killer. Like, watching a little doll with a huge knife sprint past me full bore, swearing loudly at my dickwad teammate who actively refused to help the rest of his team (see my prior post for details), was one of the best DBD experiences I've had recently.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

idontpost69 posted:

A straight up Good Guy just reciting his chipper quotes from the films as he murders would be great. My other hope is that at some point we can get an extremely apologetic and unhinged Shitface who’s just trying to make their parents happy.

I’d take a Buddi even as long as it’s Mark Hamill again, but Child’s Play (the original movie and remake) have different ownership rights than Child’s Play (the franchise) because rights are stupid as hell.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Tiny Myers posted:

I was afraid of this happening, but honestly it hasn't gotten old for me at all (though that's on survivor side, I haven't played him on killer yet). Maybe I'm 5 years old but the repeated yelling is so loving funny to me and even makes me have more fun when I'm having a rough match. It's hard to be sour when the killer is shouting "DIPSHIT" at your teammates. :allears:

It's also WAY funnier when you sell out your teammate to the killer. Like, watching a little doll with a huge knife sprint past me full bore, swearing loudly at my dickwad teammate who actively refused to help the rest of his team (see my prior post for details), was one of the best DBD experiences I've had recently.

"YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! I DID GENERATOR! DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY HIT I TOOK?"

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

These loving bots are making me feel like a bitch, they didn't have these when I quit. God I'm rusty...eventually got a 2k with Tiff though so that's a yay. Chucky/Tiff is really fun, feels like Legion but able to down with their power + stealth

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Dec 3, 2023

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

TheWorldsaStage posted:

These loving bots are making me feel like a bitch. God I'm rusty...eventually got a 2k with Tiff though so that's a yay

Bots are generally pretty cracked, don't feel bad. They have psychic abilities so they can dodge poo poo a regular player can't.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Medullah posted:

Bots are generally pretty cracked, don't feel bad. They have psychic abilities so they can dodge poo poo a regular player can't.

Do they also know where every gen is, like holy poo poo. I wanted to practice but not against a SWF. Thanks though, that does make me feel better

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Do they also know where every gen is, like holy poo poo. I wanted to practice but not against a SWF. Thanks though, that does make me feel better

Yup and stealth is useless against them. Try an Artist/Huntress match against them and watch them dodge like Neo in the Matrix

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Medullah posted:

Yup and stealth is useless against them. Try an Artist/Huntress match against them and watch them dodge like Neo in the Matrix

Although it's interesting how you can game the system, so to speak. Take Artist with Disco and it's super easy to keep the bots off gens because they always pair up but they flee like frightened toddlers when hit with birds. Nemesis and Xeno can always hit their whip attacks because bots always vault.
Take Bamboozle or just make them repeatedly vault to clear them off a loop.

Unfortunately none of this really teaches you anything about how to play the game.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yup. Custom games against bots is a good way to get a feel of a killers power but that's about it for me.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

If they could be tweaked just a little bit they'd be so much better for learning

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Had a game yesterday as Michael where a bot ran to shack, I kept kicking the gen there for Nowhere to Hide and I was watching the bot stare right at me through the walls matching every step I took. I'd go left, he'd go right. I'd go right, he'd go left

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

DeathChicken posted:

Had a game yesterday as Michael where a bot ran to shack, I kept kicking the gen there for Nowhere to Hide and I was watching the bot stare right at me through the walls matching every step I took. I'd go left, he'd go right. I'd go right, he'd go left
That's hilarious. Though to be fair to BHVR it seems the main point of bots is to fill in when some punk DCs (willingly or otherwise) and not make it a death sentence for the team. Do you get BP for bot games?

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Nessus posted:

That's hilarious. Though to be fair to BHVR it seems the main point of bots is to fill in when some punk DCs (willingly or otherwise) and not make it a death sentence for the team. Do you get BP for bot games?

You don't, unfortunately - even if your lobby is full to the gills with real players, custom games don't give any points. Only public games give BP.

And yeah, chiming in that bots can be both extremely stupid and staggeringly giga brained. They'll do the dumbest poo poo imaginable when they're your teammate but once you're killer you'll be like sweating and crying knowing the other survivors are watching Meg Thomas.001 make a fool of you around some loving piece of garbage that should be trivial.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

TheWorldsaStage posted:

If they could be tweaked just a little bit they'd be so much better for learning

I mean, you could also implement other game mode to diversify the game or just make sure they use knowledge a player could know (No, looking through a wall does not count)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Otz is doing his Nostalgia Streak (he's playing killers with perks that were the meta when they were released) and he just had a Trickster match. It ended with a four escape and Otz just laughing at how absolutely terrible it was when he couldn't even down a stationary survivor with his knives.

And Reddit is insisting this is a buff and people just don't understand how to play him.

Q: "Where would you place him on your tier list?"
A: "I would place him on the Return to Sender tier."

"I think they dropped the ball so loving hard with this one. I don't even wanna play him anymore, sadly."

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah I was in the camp of "people are idiots he's been buffed" originally but I was definitely wrong based on the videos I've seen

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
It read like a flat list of buffs on paper. A ranged 110 can now 115 and M1 freely and he has laser guided knives for quick ultimates? How does he not just double damage everybody he sees, sounds like Huntress without wind up! But somehow he's weaker.

Considering the average player insisting he's stronger maybe he got buffed against potatoes that can't loop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah turns out the no ramp up slow speed combined with the quick dropoff threshold were a real bad combo.

And he definitely didn't get buffed for potato killers because god drat I am one and I don't feel buffed.