Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

JRay88 posted:

Do I wanna watch Michigan-Iowa or FSU-Louisville?

Oh well got 30 minutes to drink beer and decide.

Porque no los dos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
LOL one of the 'play of the game' plays was that un-reviewed first down incompletion that bounced on the turf.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

lol Troy rushed the field and they don't have the collapsible goalposts

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Komet posted:

Hahahaha yes

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

G-Hawk posted:

Committee praying for louisville to bail them out of this

:lol: Yeah I don't envy them.

Not because this is a hard decision. It doesn't seem particularly hard to me with a H2H in play. But because they're gonna get death threats and poo poo from insane fans of whoever they leave out.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Bama Ohio will be a decent bowl

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

smu is also gonna leave their conference with their title

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

:lol: Yeah I don't envy them.

Not because this is a hard decision. It doesn't seem particularly hard to me with a H2H in play. But because they're gonna get death threats and poo poo from insane fans of whoever they leave out.

Nah Alabama fans would understand even if they’d be surly - you lost to them at home what the gently caress else do you expect?

Texas fans would have every right to send death threats there is zero loving excuses to leave them out.

And I’m an A&M fan.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Alabama lost to Texas. You cant put Alabama in over them. I suppose the theoretically funniest possible result is them putting Georgia in and leaving Bama and Texas out but they won't

I say this as someone who would rather Texas not be in the playoff but H2H has to rule

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

my prediction is recency bias is gonna piss all of us off

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
There was a point in one of these broadcasts where someone said "but would the committee really leave an SEC team out?" and someone replied, "the committee doesn't work like that."

Lol I have heard multiple radio interviews of committee members where the guy says "I just can't picture leaving the SEC out of the playoffs."

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Kirios posted:

Nah Alabama fans would understand even if they’d be surly - you lost to them at home what the gently caress else do you expect?

Texas fans would have every right to send death threats there is zero loving excuses to leave them out.

And I’m an A&M fan.

Nah, no one would be justified in sending threats and poo poo.

But every college football fanbase has psychos. I'm sure 99% of Bama/Texas fans would take it alright, but that last 1% is the Harvey Updykes of the world

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Bama over Texas is a completely unserious argument.

The only reason this will be a conversation is because of the SEC's massive media apparatus and propaganda machine. They'll be spending the next 12 hours banging the drums and trying to influence the conversation. I can only hope that sanity prevails.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Saban just casually sippin from a paper gatorade cup lol. Bourbon?

fast cars loose anus posted:

I suppose the theoretically funniest possible result is them putting Georgia in and leaving Bama and Texas out but they won't

Going from 1 to 4 isn't too crazy, their only loss is to Bama after all.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

now is a good time for texas to do a run-in putting the big 12 title in the trash

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
These guys chatting about the playoff while they’re ostensibly calling this game is some deeply disrespectful poo poo

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Zwabu posted:

Ahem.

Roll Tide.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
lol, Georgia

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Ah, my favorite part of championship week, the broadcast compressions making GBS threads itself from confetti.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Benne posted:

Bama over Texas is a completely unserious argument.

The only reason this will be a conversation is because of the SEC's massive media apparatus and propaganda machine. They'll be spending the next 12 hours banging the drums and trying to influence the conversation. I can only hope that sanity prevails.

If Texas gets in over Alabama why should Georgia get in over Alabama?

Or are we talking about a NO SEC playoff?
Oh god the world isn’t beautiful enough for that.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
"thank cbs" ... crowd: **BOOOOO**

lollol

Nice little video at the end there.

Untagged fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Dec 3, 2023

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Here's the in play scenarios as I see them based on what happens in the B1G/ACC title games:

Washington is in in all scenarios so Im not gonna list them

Chalk: Texas, Michigan, FSU
Louisville upsets FSU, Michigan wins: Texas, Michigan, Bama

FSU wins, Iowa wins: Texas, FSU, Bama
Upsets in both: Texas, Bama, Georgia (arguments would be made for Ohio State here but I believe the committee will consider their body of work lesser than Georgia's)

Iowa isn't beating Michigan anyway so you can throw those last two out but basically what I'm saying is Texas is in and Bama only needs one upset

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If Texas gets in over Alabama why should Georgia get in over Alabama?

Or are we talking about a NO SEC playoff?
Oh god the world isn’t beautiful enough for that.

If FSU wins, it’s a near certainty.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Oh well, it still was a pretty good season for Tulane.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So basically Iowa has the chance to do the funniest loving thing ever tonight.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So basically Iowa has the chance to do the funniest loving thing ever tonight.

in a season where they've done just that, yes

but one of their losses was a slaughter by penn state

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
Go Blue

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

Oh well, it still was a pretty good season for Tulane.

Yeah

it's true

:(

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Kinda funny this CFP mess comes down to the gameplay of... freshman with dirty stache and a mouth full of skol wintergreen, Brock Glenn.

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
Sorry I don't have sound on because the little one is watching a movie on the TV, but is Florida State going with a new QB or did he only have 4 attempts in the Florida game?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I've run my three miles, the laundry is done, the house is mostly cleaned, and there's nothing left to do in my night.

Go blue.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Cardale Jones 2.0 incoming

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

mooseinfants posted:

Cardale Jones 2.0 incoming

If cardale never happened then I bet the committee would have found a way to leave fsu out if they win tonight. The man is a legend.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
hell yeah he made it

https://twitter.com/byAustinMeek/status/1731118311423815689

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

siriuslysomething posted:

Sorry I don't have sound on because the little one is watching a movie on the TV, but is Florida State going with a new QB or did he only have 4 attempts in the Florida game?

Looks like our 3rd string, freshman Brock Glenn is under center.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

skylined! posted:

Looks like our 3rd string, freshman Brock Glenn is under center.

Yeah the second string dude got rekt with a late hit on a slide by a Florida player (who was ejected for targeting).

Glenn is a baller, though.

NJM
Jan 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i don't want michigan to lose

i want michigan to lose embarrassingly