Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which 2023 game do you think will win Something Awful’s Game of the Year award?
This poll is closed.
Dead Space 5 5.10%
Metroid Prime 15 15.31%
Resident Evil 4 17 17.35%
Super Mario RPG 37 37.76%
System Shock 24 24.49%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gaius Marius posted:

With the umineko avatar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L_T0CCdx0s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

Ms Adequate posted:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/12847734 :colbert:

All that poo poo happens because of oppression of mages by the Chantry

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

whoever came up with "non-con" as a cutesy descriptor of rape fantasies had to be a special kind of wretched

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You know, the mages vs templars, is a lot like Palestine vs Israel. In this fanfiction, i

Captain Spoon
Oct 26, 2007

Not actually silverware.

Jay Rust posted:

I couldn't think of a funny subtitle for the thread, please help!

grand geoff outro

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

Xmas Series X

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Gripweed posted:

I might buy some Fortnite legos.

The couple of leaked photos show some fun sets if you like legos.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Jay Rust posted:

December Games Chat: please do not link your rape fanfiction

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Does Bloodborne use player messaging like the souls games/elden ring? I'm not subscribing to ps+, am I losing alot?

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Dec 3, 2023

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
do not put rape in the thread title :thanks:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Does Bloodborne use player messaging like the soulds games/elden ring? I'm not subscribing to ps+, am I losing alot?

its better than the souls games because you can attach a gesture to the soapstone messages too! and a ghost of your toon will stand on it and do the gesture when someone reads your message

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Does Bloodborne use player messaging like the soulds games/elden ring? I'm not subscribing to ps+, am I losing alot?

It does use it and I thought it added a lot.

may the good blood guide your way

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

its better than the souls games because you can attach a gesture to the soapstone messages too! and a ghost of your toon will stand on it and do the gesture when someone reads your message

blech. well I guess I'm just missing out, then. Consoles suck

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Dark Souls 3 and Elden Ring have that too

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DtrpfXH2UI

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

ninjoatse.cx posted:

blech. well I guess I'm just missing out, then. Consoles suck

it's crazy that xbox came up with the idea of charging you money to use your own drat internet and the other consoles all just thought it was great and decided to copy it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The console companies try to trick us by adding misc “freebies” but at the end of the day, we are having to pay for the privilege of connecting our console to the internet for online play. Gamers, why haven’t you risen?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cause my chair is too comfy

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I no longer have an active subscription to gamepass and Playstation plus was never worth it, so I'm currently doing great at fighting the good figh--

Ah gently caress, switch online

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Oh no $20 a year down the drain!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Having the online element for Souls games adds so much even if you never summon. Seeing the messages and the white phantoms and peeking at bloodstains creates a pervasive sense of community that I adore.

When I played DS2 it was during the time where all online was disabled due to the security exploit still being open and I wish I had waited for it to be fixed.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I let my nintendo switch online subcription lapse.
I am still subscribed to PS+ but haven't actually added the monthly games for a while lol.
I am still subscribed to gamepass, I'm playing P5 Tactica now and will probably play The Man Who Erased His Name this month too.
It has now become a phenomenon of "I got humbled again" when I get surprised by owning the latest month of humble games.
I really should cancel my Gamefly subscription because I am so slow at playing the games that I have spent 98 USD on the Resident Evil 4 remake, which I eventually just paid to own but have not yet installed lmao. This is my new year's resolution

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

welp the DLC for wo long was not only short in terms of missions but all the bosses are so loving bullshit and frustrating that i might just take it off my goty list entirely

should have just done the roguelite mode instead of bothering trying to do the dlc but oh loving well suck my entire loving cock you piece of poo poo game

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I like your attitude!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i need to look at birds to calm down holy gently caress

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I let my nintendo switch online subcription lapse.
I am still subscribed to PS+ but haven't actually added the monthly games for a while lol.
I am still subscribed to gamepass, I'm playing P5 Tactica now and will probably play The Man Who Erased His Name this month too.
It has now become a phenomenon of "I got humbled again" when I get surprised by owning the latest month of humble games.
I really should cancel my Gamefly subscription because I am so slow at playing the games that I have spent 98 USD on the Resident Evil 4 remake, which I eventually just paid to own but have not yet installed lmao. This is my new year's resolution

i joke but i do get the way so many subscriptions ends up being death by 1000 cuts. I'm actually in the process of moving all of my monthly subscription to one specific card so I can keep better track of what im actually spending on over the course of a year. do i really need a stars or apple tv subscription when I literally don't watch them? I am leaning towards no

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Kerrzhe posted:

i need to look at birds to calm down holy gently caress

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

gently caress yes that's such a good loving bird

:coolbird:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
saw this on a WoolieVS slop stream, and more people need to see it :allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OpU6vywPK4&hd=1

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Birds are so cool, I don't know if they actually really exist, but they are cool.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah it's a great film. The first part with the romantic comedy works surprisingly well and then to contrast that with the ever rising tension in the background as the birds start gathering. Plus you get that way ahead of it's time score, you really gotta give it to Hitchcock for his prowess as a director and censure him for his actions towards Hedren.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Birds are so cool, I don't know if they actually really exist, but they are cool.

the myth of birds was invented by the Devil, to test our faith in slugs

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

hail bird