Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
Tom Hardy was the worst part of Fury Road so more of that but minus him is a plus honestly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Seemlar posted:

Tom Hardy was the worst part of Fury Road so more of that but minus him is a plus honestly

:thunk:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

That's bait

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Everything about Fury Road was awesome, so the worst thing would just be slightly less awesome.

I still disagree with the statement though. There’s certainly something else that is awesome but less so than Hardy.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Where the gently caress are they finding fuel to host NASCAR gatherings in the middle of the Aussie desert 45 years after the bomb went down?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

happyhippy posted:

Where the gently caress are they finding fuel to host NASCAR gatherings in the middle of the Aussie desert 45 years after the bomb went down?

Gas Town

E: also if you're running short you can just pop over to your neighbor's and politely ask for some of theirs

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

kiimo posted:

I think you have mentioned this before but I probably need to PM you and talk about the industry and where you work because I’m curious. That said I can say for sure that fast X absolutely redid shots for the film that we put in the trailer. But, the VFX on that film were a bit of a cluster gently caress admittedly

I am a small fry that mostly was hired out on loan from a smaller production company I worked at (I haven't been there for a couple of years now). But I am going to PM you when I get back (out of town for a funeral til Tuesday) cuz I wanna pick your brain about something.

Lester
Sep 17, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
I would say pretty much any wide/action shot in that trailer looks like a video game, except Cyberpunk has better looking cars. I've been really looking forward to Furiosa and I don't know why they'd market it in this state. Weight and believability are important for an action movie

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Based on the trailer alone, no assumptions about what else they might fix or do, it looks terrible tbh.

Fury Road was a wild success and celebration of action movies. This looks like one I might skip.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://x.com/discussingfilm/status/1730985963206201460?s=61&t=fWsm-upldseXptBaVlet9Q

Well they’re not going cheap on the production, that’s for sure.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

They're not, but they're leaning into the oversaturated cartoonishness in a way that probably actually makes things slightly easier. Suits Fallout, though.

Looks like they're picking and choosing from the favourite settings and elements of each of the games.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Really digging how it seems like they didn't do any redesign on the costumes or the look of the world at all.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

MikeJF posted:

They're not, but they're leaning into the oversaturated cartoonishness in a way that probably actually makes things slightly easier. Suits Fallout, though.

Looks like they're picking and choosing from the favourite settings and elements of each of the games.

Yeah, that shootout scene was in Megaton, wasn't it?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The show takes place in Los Angeles, and it's canon. So theoretically all new locations outside of giant in-universe chains like Red Rocket etc. Looks awesome.

grobbo
May 29, 2014

In Episode 3, the show will unexpectedly introduce Blade Runner-style synthetic replicants with zero concern for how poorly it fits the overall fiction, after which I will dive into the television to strangle Todd Howard with my bare hands.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

It's not exclusive to the show at all, but I do kinda hate how each subsequent entry into the Fallout franchise has made the ghouls less and less horrific.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tim Whatley posted:

The show takes place in Los Angeles, and it's canon. So theoretically all new locations outside of giant in-universe chains like Red Rocket etc. Looks awesome.

Yeah but they've got locations that are clearly recreations of Megaton from FO3 and the Prydwen airship from FO4, even if they're meant to be 'new'.

grobbo posted:

In Episode 3, the show will unexpectedly introduce Blade Runner-style synthetic replicants with zero concern for how poorly it fits the overall fiction, after which I will dive into the television to strangle Todd Howard with my bare hands.

It is from the director of Westworld...

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Dec 2, 2023

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

It's not exclusive to the show at all, but I do kinda hate how each subsequent entry into the Fallout franchise has made the ghouls less and less horrific.

I was gonna say, that ghoul was the sexiest ghoul

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Dillbag posted:

I was gonna say, that ghoul was the sexiest ghoul

I think I read somewhere that they purposefully wanted to make sure he came across as the actor, Walton Goggins, and sexy. And mission accomplished.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Dec 2, 2023

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
We will have feral ghouls to gross us out, I'm sure. I'm looking forward to a mutie reveal.

I've never seen a cyclops before, though. And he was like that as a vault-dweller?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Well, we might get a good season out of it before it goes off the rails.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Do we have any insight into the writing team? What they have done before?

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I love me some Goggins but why does he look so newborn smooth?

Ghouls are supposed to be gross-crusty-burnt, not moisturized-sexy-burnt.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tall Tale Teller posted:

I love me some Goggins but why does he look so newborn smooth?

Ghouls are supposed to be gross-crusty-burnt, not moisturized-sexy-burnt.

You say that, but have you seen one that had the opportunity to moisturise?

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Looks interesting but I've never played any of the games so ymmv for the diehards.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Mat Cauthon posted:

Looks interesting but I've never played any of the games so ymmv for the diehards.

Play New Vegas, you can easily get it for like five bucks these days.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

thrawn527 posted:

I think I read somewhere that they purposefully wanted to make sure he came across as the actor, Walton Goggins, and sexy. And mission accomplished.

Walter Goggins is supposed to be sexy? I feel like he has nature's worst hairline.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Diabetic posted:

Walter Goggins is supposed to be sexy? I feel like he has nature's worst hairline.

Most definitely, it’s his crazy eyes.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Can't believe they didn't film it exclusively in an isometric perspective with drones 100 feet from the ground and in 640*480 resolution

Not my Fallout

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

joe football posted:

Can't believe they didn't film it exclusively in an isometric perspective with drones 100 feet from the ground and in 640*480 resolution

Not my Fallout

this but unironically

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Jedit posted:

Yeah, that shootout scene was in Megaton, wasn't it?

tbf bethesda is pretty lazy with world design so it looks like Megaton but also Diamond City

the weird thing is that they want it to fit in the established canon of the show but iirc it takes place after california has been rebuilt into an actual society again.

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Dec 3, 2023

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Janky trash town is fine and probably common in the wasteland. Megaton’s thing is the giant bomb in the middle.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

After Minus One, here's the complete loving opposite of Godzilla movies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV1OOlGwExM

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I couldn't stop laughing at the money shot of Godzilla and Kong with what looks like Kong wearing a gauntlet, presumably to be used for rocket powered punches. Lmao. Monsterverse is doin' the Fast and Furious style progression.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

teagone posted:

I couldn't stop laughing at the money shot of Godzilla and Kong with what looks like Kong wearing a gauntlet, presumably to be used for rocket powered punches. Lmao. Monsterverse is doin' the Fast and Furious style progression.

Gonna have a big action sequence where Godzilla and Kong fight the evil Red Kong's army and do a bunch of team attacks.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Rhonne posted:

Gonna have a big action sequence where Godzilla and Kong fight the evil Red Kong's army and do a bunch of team attacks.

Yes, please

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

teagone posted:

Rhonne posted:

I am so on board with all of this. The last movie was stupid, stupid fun.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Yeah, a Godzilla movie with nuance and elevated aspirations is a nice surprise, but one chock full of dumb goofy poo poo is just as welcome, too.

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!

WITNISSED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
When is Warner Brothers gonna give us what the fans actually want and bring back Jet Jaguar