Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Nowadays I’m always trying to imagine how it’d sound if he actually said this, instead of just putting it out in a tweet.

“So um I was thinking um um …… it is known since um …… ancients um that wisdom is um ……….. above money!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

the cgi vid cracked me up cause with their 2010s reputation its honestly pathetic that they cant really make that happen in the year 2023

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

:chloe:

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Daddy Powell clapped my cheeks

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
That must have been a memorable cheek clapping

Or maybe it wasn’t and he got the tattoo as a reminder to not let that happen again

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Busters posted:

Christine (1983), but it's a Cybertruck. It turns out Elon is remotely hijacking them to run over people who called him "cis" or "boring"

I think Herbie and Christine are different species of the same genus.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Not a cult.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Durf posted:

add it to the list

https://elonmusk.today/

e: lol

I know some people have said that there ought to be laws that force the super rich to put money where their mouth is, but I feel like existing public nuisance laws should also be interpreted against people like Ol' Musky.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Obsidianheart posted:

I think Herbie and Christine are different species of the same genus.

what about Brum

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

kirbysuperstar posted:

what about Brum

Keep brum's name out of your goddamn mouth

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Durf posted:

add it to the list

https://elonmusk.today/

e: lol

wow! an old school diner with the exact same views on race as an actual diner in the 50s!

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

That roller skate diner reminds me of the Tesla Super Pool they installed at one(?) charging station.

A dumpster filled with water. The future should look like the future.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm not even sure those are lies; he's like a hyperactive eight year old, just with a billions dollar budget and an inexplicable reputation as a "genius".

He's Peter Molyneux with billions of dollars and even better press. Except Molyneux at least used to make decent games once upon a time before becoming a full time flim flam artist.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Angry Salami posted:

He's Peter Molyneux with billions of dollars and even better press. Except Molyneux at least used to make decent games once upon a time before becoming a full time flim flam artist.

I met Molyneux when he was showing his game "The Movies" to investors. He had a special build of the game that had a horny toggle, he turned it on and the actors in the game would start loving. Well that's my story.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I appreciate that Elon Musk is dedicating his later years to becoming The Fat Man from Overdrawn at the Memory Bank

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Zero VGS posted:

I met Molyneux when he was showing his game "The Movies" to investors. He had a special build of the game that had a horny toggle, he turned it on and the actors in the game would start loving. Well that's my story.

That’s an incredible story. I wish there were a movie of it.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Zero VGS posted:

how could they gently caress when those actors couldn't even lift a drat weight!!!

(hope you came to this thread for incredibly specific jokes for games almost 20 years old)

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Molyneux was called a pathological liar by John Walker of RPS and hosed off entirely for one full, blessed year.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Stefan Prodan posted:

how could they gently caress when those actors couldn't even lift a drat weight!!!

(hope you came to this thread for incredibly specific jokes for games almost 20 years old)

I also met Will Wright one time. I told him, "hey, just wanted to let you know I'm a huge fan, especially Sim Ant".

He looked at me like this:

Then he dug into his pocket and held out his hand like he was going to give me something. He released and a pile of confetti poured into my hand. He then said "CONFETTI", turned and left. I was awestruck.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Sim Ant was great yeah. One of the first games I can remember playing.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Bogus Adventure posted:

I appreciate that Elon Musk is dedicating his later years to becoming The Fat Man from Overdrawn at the Memory Bank

Elon would bungle and bobble the Fingal dopple.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

spanky the dolphin posted:

That roller skate diner reminds me of the Tesla Super Pool they installed at one(?) charging station.

A dumpster filled with water. The future should look like the future.

this is actually the best method for putting out a tesla car fire

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

Sim Ant was absolutely formative to my development.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

kdrudy posted:

Elon would bungle and bobble the Fingal dopple.

Without a doubt

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I loved the manual of Sim Ant, which contained a textbook's worth of interesting ant trivia. I did not enjoy the game, where somehow I "won" by doing nothing and letting my ants just do whatever they wanted on 10x speed until the enemy ants were beaten. Game played itself.

But I don't care and have good memories because it was the golden age of big box PC games where the paper materials were so good I remember the game fondly because of everything except the game. Did you know there is a species of ant that was found only in the headquarters of the World Wildlife Fund in Washington DC? Man, the endless ant-related trivia that lives rent free in my head to this day...

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

ded posted:

this is actually the best method for putting out a tesla car fire

arent Lithium or period 1 and 2 element fires self sustaining even under water?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Zero VGS posted:

That's your story? That's it?

FlashFearless
Nov 4, 2004
Death. But not for you, Gunslinger. Never for you.

Elon Mush.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Parkingtigers posted:

I loved the manual of Sim Ant, which contained a textbook's worth of interesting ant trivia. I did not enjoy the game, where somehow I "won" by doing nothing and letting my ants just do whatever they wanted on 10x speed until the enemy ants were beaten. Game played itself.

But I don't care and have good memories because it was the golden age of big box PC games where the paper materials were so good I remember the game fondly because of everything except the game. Did you know there is a species of ant that was found only in the headquarters of the World Wildlife Fund in Washington DC? Man, the endless ant-related trivia that lives rent free in my head to this day...

I never played Sim Ant but I was curious, 107 page manual packed full of ant facts. It really was a great back then when you bought a game and got the big box, the big manual, the poster, etc.

I’ve also been playing Warcraft II on this site, so if you want to re-experience SimAnt playclassic.games.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Sim Ant is the only Sim game I ever played for any length of time (and to completion). Still have the box and manual sitting around.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

SimEarth had a super cool manual and premise and should have warned anyone who played it (like me) about the dangers of trusting Will Wright's Spore

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Parkingtigers posted:

thats how ants work in real life tho. just leave them alone for a while and then, victory. its an accurate simulation.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

SimFarm was a neat game that always ended because I would crash the crop duster and die

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i liked molyneux games from populous up through black&white but i tried his most recent one, godus, and it is just absolute garbage

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

lol that reminds me, when I was a kid I had Where In the USA is Carmen Sandiego, and that came with an entire Fodor's guide to America

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

PhazonLink posted:

arent Lithium or period 1 and 2 element fires self sustaining even under water?

As one who's punctured a fully charged 4200 mAh LiPo, yes; they still burn while submerged. There's a fascinating amount of fire trapped in those small packages.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Earwicker posted:

i liked molyneux games from populous up through black&white but i tried his most recent one, godus, and it is just absolute garbage

Oh there's several more after that.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Earwicker posted:

Yeah he literally abandoned it unfinished

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Parkingtigers posted:

somehow I "won" by doing nothing and letting my ants just do whatever they wanted on 10x speed until the enemy ants were beaten. Game played itself.

I mean this is pretty much the ideal thing you can do for an ant colony. They got this, they don't need human intervention