Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Cabbages and Kings posted:

absolutely, horrifyingly cringe packaging on this poo poo. What is the loving world coming to. As if I needed another reason to keep the drugs locked up, oh hey here's Sexy Anime Alice shatter :rolleyes:

I am suddenly grateful for Canada's policy about weed products having to come in bland packaging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dick Fontaine posted:

just keep picking up these $30ozs because why not? gonna find out what the mortal limits of tolerance are here soon

Soon you will face the situation: What to do with unlimited weed?

It's a strange place to be in, remembering the days of scraping resin from some ancient bowl for the smallest hit.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I'm so ready to stock up on ounces for that cheap if it ever happens here. eastern wa kind of a suck.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Crimson Harvest posted:

I'm so ready to stock up on ounces for that cheap if it ever happens here. eastern wa kind of a suck.

how big of a catapult / trebuchet do I need from the puget sound area

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Antioch posted:

I like this glass, I should buy a bong like this

https://vgoodiez.com/collections/summer30 currently on sale. I have one. It’s ok. I have the whip for it and that’s convenient for a group session with the ball vape since the orb can sit in one place.

I personally prefer my old disc perc for solo or small groups. I haven’t tried the orb with the mouthpiece but with the whip it feels way harder to hit than the disc perc.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

redshirt posted:

Wow! I remember when it was 400$ an OZ

Right now in the great (legalized but hosed by Boomers) state of Missouri!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kuarduck posted:

Right now in the great (legalized but hosed by Boomers) state of Missouri!

Condolences. You should consider opening an import/export business.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

redshirt posted:

Condolences. You should consider opening an import/export business.

One of the State licensed suppliers tried that recently.... It didn't go well

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kuarduck posted:

One of the State licensed suppliers tried that recently.... It didn't go well

Black market, of course. At first.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Code Jockey posted:

how big of a catapult / trebuchet do I need from the puget sound area

you gotta clear the mountains all the way to tri cities in the southeast its a long shot and no i cant drive to meet it anywhere

i have a little gap here where the next grow can't start quite yet but the stash wont last until its even halfway grown, so its looking like a few months of the bottom shelf, which is 85-100/oz normal days

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Are those like 4g jars? The only ones I’ve seen are 1g and those look a lot bigger (in addition to hideous).

I think they're ounces, I didn't weigh them and lol in this case I didn't even think to ask :shrug: :laugh:

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

I am suddenly grateful for Canada's policy about weed products having to come in bland packaging.

I don't think these are white-market anywhere, but that makes the labeling that much more inexplicable to me; gray and black market weed has always sold itself just fine and continues to.

Dick Fontaine posted:

just keep picking up these $30ozs because why not? gonna find out what the mortal limits of tolerance are here soon

The human limits are fuckin weird, is what they are. I can blast a gram of shatter to my face in a half hour and then go write code, on the other hand, ripping bongs of certain strains still makes me uncomfortably high. Eating 20mg does almost nothing, eating 120mg gets me high as balls, eating 220mg puts me right to sleep and eating 420mg can seem almost like a no-op.

IDGI, frankly. My baseline for everything is my own bud, so I have a pretty solid set of repeated experiences. Commerical or black market shatter tends to be a bit stronger than my own but not to where it makes much difference.

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Dec 2, 2023

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Are those like 4g jars? The only ones I’ve seen are 1g and those look a lot bigger (in addition to hideous).

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I think they're ounces, I didn't weigh them :shrug:

That would cost over $2000 if I bought that much down the road. :dafuq:

I need to travel to blue States more often

e: for one ounce, not both. gently caress

kuarduck fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Dec 2, 2023

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
mother of god I wish I could get an ounce of concentrate for less than a rent payment lol

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

kuarduck posted:

This is not retail, and as far as I know the prices I pay are pretty stable nationally; my cousins in Mendicino tell me they see the exact same poo poo at pretty much the same price point but it's got all the usual sketch that comes with buying unregulated and probably illegal products.

Prices are generally cratering to gently caress and back, to the point that it may not be worth it to me to loving grow weed outdoors next year, but it's going to be a while before the full effects of that can ripple through the regulated markets, and while there is definitely a race to the bottom already starting, sin taxes and container-size limits and per transaction fees or whatever bullshit each state apparatus throws in, is going to keep prices artifically high to some extent.

I've heard that in 2023 people still bootleg liquor in large swaths of the US, because being able to duck that $27/gal federal ethanol tax is enough cost savings to make it worth it. I suspect the same will stay true of weed.

You can't actually buy shatter in Vermont, legally: our concentrates are capped at 60%, there's a 10% allowance baked in, so everyone cooks to 69.9%, and that sells for $50-70/g from what I've seen.

It costs me about $6/g to make shatter legally here with ethanol, including all production costs of the weed, but it's also a time sink.

Code Jockey posted:

mother of god I wish I could get an ounce of concentrate for less than a rent payment lol

If you're in or near a legal state just make friends with people who grow, and tool up to cook out shatter with ethanol, is my advice. At this point I have more people offering to give me trim to process than I possibly have time or interest to do so. This is year 5 of legalization here, so, that's how long it took for the local economies to absolutely, spectacularly collapse and then reform themselves in their current weird poo poo-is-still-in-freefall paradigms.

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Dec 2, 2023

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I have a medical card and still pay out the nose gently caress this State

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

kuarduck posted:

Yeah here it would be $1000-1600 for 28 grams.

More than that I’m trying to think of how many years an ounce of concentrates would last me and I’m kind of drawing a blank.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

kuarduck posted:

I have a medical card and still pay out the nose gently caress this State

I couldn't vaguely afford my burn rate if I was buying medical; also, medical in this state is notoriously bad. poo poo is hosed up and will be until medical weed is some pfizer thing that medicare loving covers, and then that will be hosed up for an entirely different set of reasons.

Burn everything (especially weed)

I only stacked the crazy tolerance I've stacked because it costs me $7/$30 per ounce to grow weed outdoors and indoors, respectively. I'm not convinced it's good for me, almost certainly the contrary, but I can drop back to using ~0.5g of flower a day and nothing terrible happens so :shrug:

e: reading about people finding retail weed for $30/oz, also fills in a bunch of blanks for me about what's going on various places in the supply chain, but also I think most of the cheap concentrates are being blasted from trim leaf and other unsalable bud. Hell, I know for a fact that at least some of the fancy retail-market concentrates are being blasted from trim leaf, because I've talked to and been in meetings and webcasts with the producers doing it.

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 2, 2023

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

A gram of concentrate at a time will last me a week. Three grams would also last me a week. So an ounce...

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

kuarduck posted:

e: for one ounce, not both. gently caress

Lol that’d be a few hundred in Michigan, plenty of 10/100 1g deals

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Using google numbers, legal pot as an industry is something like a 20 billion dollar market (annual revenue), but also that only reflects something like 25% of cannabis sales. The black market probably undercuts the legal markets, overall, by no more than 50%, so we're talking about something like a 40-50 billion dollar a year market.

Big enough numbers that a lot of cash is being left on the table through inefficiencies in the current situation of different situations per state and limited levers to move the money around legally and make it part of the normal banking system, but still a relatively small market compared to booze, which is ~5x that size at around 250bn revenue.

It's interesting to think about the cost per use, though. If I have two nice beers that might cost me seven or eight bucks; even using pretty normal flower prices of $150-200/oz, I get stoned for a lot cheaper.

Thread made me think about all this just because the current system has such wild variances in cost, regionally and between different kinds of regulated markets. NYS is an interesting example, they barely have dispensaries yet and they don't look great but as that spins up a couple native reservations decided to go in on it and there's no centralization or testing or labeling requirements. People just drive up on to native land and there are different spots to go to with a wide spread of different products; I've heard great things about some of it, and I've heard some of it is ditch weed but also extremely cheap. Overall prices must be converging nationally but it's a weird looking set of graphs now.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I recently bought half a pound of concentrates in NYS just before moving to a non-legal state, it was around $1400 from a reservation dispensary outside Buffalo. It's wild, those are insane prices even in all the legal west coast states. My math from the past year or two says that I use about an ounce every 3 months, so it's two years worth of weed.

It's pretty low-end stuff if you're used to smoking live resin or diamonds or whatever at $50/g but I usually was just smoking cheap $10-20/g dabs when I lived in a legal state and it's totally fine compared to that or any basic BHO. I do wish it was tested and properly labelled but I'm not too worried about raw flower and concentrates compared to something like black market cartridges.

Ror fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Dec 2, 2023

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Just confirming the experience of others: I've been in a non-legal country for about a week and my dreams have been CRAZY. Vivid, intense, extended, and upsettingly close to a real world logic.

My subconscious has been TALKING to me.

EDIT: I do think I want to ease back on my use, because a) I have actually enjoyed recalling dreams and b) it's giving me a lot to discuss with my therapist. I am also STOKED to get home and get wrecked off a 5mg gummy again.

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Dec 2, 2023

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Ror posted:

It's pretty low-end stuff if you're used to smoking live resin or diamonds or whatever at $50/g but I usually was just smoking cheap $10-20/g dabs when I lived in a legal state and it's totally fine compared to that or any basic BHO. I do wish it was tested and properly labelled but I'm not too worried about raw flower and concentrates compared to something like black market cartridges.

BHO that contains enough butane will (I've heard told, never witnessed) flash and spark. Residual butane in BHO needs to be considered always, but letting stuff boil in a banger for a few seconds may or may not help, and consumption needs to be compared to gassing up a car or any other routine task that floods your synapses with petrochemical garbage. Carts are inherant sketch because they almost always use additives of some kind. I don't even like legal rec carts and I have a purported DMT cart someone gave me that I treat with utmost suspicion and buried in the bottom of a locked box.

Some of this poo poo is cheap enough that just paying for my own testing is entirely reasonable.

The Modern Leper posted:

Just confirming the experience of others: I've been in a non-legal country for about a week and my dreams have been CRAZY. Vivid, intense, extended, and upsettingly close to a real world logic.

I would take much more regular tolerance breaks if I could get to this point with out a week of basically complete insomnia first. Worth noting that one of the main reasons I stuck with smoking weed when I discovered it in 1998 was because it made it so much easier for 17 year old me to sleep...

I love the batshit insane dreams, even the bloody nightmares. gently caress the insomnia, though.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I bought a vong, and I turned a simple stem on a lathe, basically a stainless model b

It's just a better product made simpler, the bong is a wild piece of engineering, but , simpler is better here imho

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Finally got the orb for water cooling with my XQ2. I also got the magic butter machine as I’ve accrued too much ABV and enjoy making edibles. Maybe it’s old habits, maybe it’s just using all of the buffalo. I’m excited for something to do everything for me.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

JNCO BILOBA posted:

Finally got the orb for water cooling with my XQ2. I also got the magic butter machine as I’ve accrued too much ABV and enjoy making edibles. Maybe it’s old habits, maybe it’s just using all of the buffalo. I’m excited for something to do everything for me.

I'm not high (yet), but I just want to say that your username is absolutely amazing.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

That needs to be rectified immediately, soldier! But that username is so good and I'm malding mad every day for not posting it first in the usernames thread.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Nyan Bread posted:

That needs to be rectified immediately, soldier! But that username is so good and I'm malding mad every day for not posting it first in the usernames thread.

Do we get paid if someone actually selects one of our made up user names? Asking for a friend. Redshirt69

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

redshirt posted:

Do we get paid if someone actually selects one of our made up user names? Asking for a friend. Redshirt69

Yes, but you need a Reddit account to invoice the Karma

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

This thing is like 17 years old, has taken hella falls, never broken and now it's clean to smoke another day

I love that pipe :qq:

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Do any of you name your bongs or pipes?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

The Zombie Guy posted:

only when they survive their first year

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER

my flowerpot vape anodized into a pretty purple on top

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Dick Fontaine posted:

only when they survive their first year

I never named that one and feel like it'd be bad luck to do so at this point

TheKub
May 11, 2006

I broke my bong while cleaning it tonight. Guess I'm going shopping tomorrow.

mailorder bees posted:

my flowerpot vape anodized into a pretty purple on top

Ooo pretty

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

MrQwerty posted:

I never named that one and feel like it'd be bad luck to do so at this point

don’t wanna get those bong yips

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

The Zombie Guy posted:

Definitely went through a week or so in college where my friends and I tried to think of dumb funny names. The main one I remember was Kareem Abdul Jabong

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
Kim Bong Ill

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Nyan Bread posted:

1) It was :keke:
2) ...malding?

MrQwerty posted:

This thing is like 17 years old, has taken hella falls, never broken and now it's clean to smoke another day

I love that pipe :qq:

drat, that thing is the Nokia of bowls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

YeahTubaMike posted:

1) It was :keke:
2) ...malding?