Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

MadSparkle posted:

And then I read this and I’m very grateful 🥲. Thanks for being a candle, Al-Saqr

Also, yesterdays combat footage that was posted by hamas most of it was is Beit Hanoun, the Israelis entered beit Hanoun from DAY 2 of their invasion, and yet still they're getting their tanks destroyed and Hamas are go-proing IDF troopers from literally 20 feet away and blasting them with snipers and IED's three weeks later. and all of the missiles launched at tel-aviv yesterday came from north gaza, two months into this war, and israel with their total air superiority cant do poo poo against rockets.

Palestine will win. there is no room for doubt.

The issue is the civilians, america and israel have a stranglehold on the two-three arab regimes who have the size and ability to do anything, that's the thing I really am concerned about the most. and honestly the complete and total death of arab society from being able to protest or force the governments to do anything makes me extremely depressed.

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 07:39 on Dec 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Also I'll point out that the poll shows that more millennials approve than disapprove. :wink:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Willa Rogers posted:

I mean, I'm surprised there's even a third of us olds now disapproving; I'll bet the needle has moved from before the war.

I've described the intense propaganda we were raised with ("zionist" was practically a swear), and only exposed to network news & mainstream magazines. There were outliers we were exposed to but you had to look to find them; I was a reader & a politics nerd so I paid attention when jesse jackson included palestinians rights in his presidential platform.

Which was 40 years ago jesus loving christ this poo poo's been going on that long & has only gotten worse.

But I've seen boomer lib friends getting a lot of exposure to new thought through their children--millies & zoomers--and that might be moving the needle, too.

Good. Millennial’s and Zoomers have a duty to expose GenX and Boomers to the bullshit of IDF propaganda. I’m glad it’s becoming more common.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Willa Rogers posted:

Also I'll point out that the poll shows that more millennials approve than disapprove. :wink:

The oldest millennials are 42. :v:

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
I think the weird double standard applied that says we have to condemn Hamas despite the circumstances they're in has a racial element on top of the propaganda aspect of flagging them as terrorists.

Like, there's an existing social phenomena with minorities, whether it's racial or sexual, that they have to behave and perform better, that they have to be functionally perfect in order to be viewed as equal, and that they're punished more harshly for any acting out or disruptive behavior ("they were no angel" stuff, rape culture). Meanwhile rich white dudes are given exceptional leeway for their misconduct ("boys will be boys" and Biden).

A lot of the weird liberal hand wringing from otherwise sympathetic parties comes from this same dynamic applied to the Global South. Like if they aren't resisting perfectly then they aren't equal, while Israel can actively engage in terrorism and genocide while being given special treatment. All Hamas terrorism must be condemned, but Israeli terrorism is just it defending itself, etc.

It's ultimately the product of propaganda, but that propaganda seeks to take advantage of those same prejudicial biases that make life hell for local minorities, which is why you get the difference in polling based on race and sex on top of the difference based on age.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

americans are stupid

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/miakhalifa/status/1731099402394059254

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

The Palestinian student who was shot in Vermont is now paralyzed.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

poo poo :smith:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
my mom is 64 and has gone from a liberal quisling at the start of trump's presidency to actively denouncing every american politician because she's willing to open her eyes and see that they're do nothing stooges, and she was smart enough to ask me why hamas did the flood in the first place and is now very anti zionist as well. you can always escape the bucket you just need to be willing to listen and learn and think a little.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

:sigh:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/likedbycats/status/1731067538086277546?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

lol love it when quislings eat poo poo.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

she's right

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

🔻🔻Hamas announces theyve ambushed and killed upwards of 60 IDF troopers this morning in a stunning operation 🔻🔻

============

Al-Qassam Brigades: A large number of occupation soldiers were killed in the detonation of explosive devices at a gathering of occupation forces east of Juhr al-Dik, south of Gaza City.

| Al-Qassam Brigades: A large number of occupation soldiers were killed after detonating explosive devices at a position of 60 soldiers east of Juhr al-Dik.

‎Urgent - ⁧‫#كتائب_القسام‬⁩ : A large number of occupation soldiers were killed after detonating explosive devices at a position of 60 soldiers east of Juhr al-Dik.

#كتائب_القسام‬⁩ announces the killing and wounding of about 60 soldiers from the occupation army

‎📌 Al-Qassam Brigades: At dawn today, our mujahideen were able to monitor the concentration of about 60 soldiers inside tents at a positioning point for them east of Juhr al-Dik.

‎📌 Al-Qassam Brigades: Our mujahideen planted 3 anti-personnel bombs in a circle around the position

‎📌 Al-Qassam Brigades: At exactly 4:30, bombs were detonated against the occupation soldiers, and one of the mujahideen advanced to finish off the remaining members of the force.

‎📌 Al-Qassam Brigades: Our mujahideen withdrew to their positions safely after killing a large number of occupation soldiers.

A major annihilation operation is carried out on enemy soldiers east of the Central Governorate.

‎In the details..

‎🔴 At dawn today, the Al-Qassam Mujahideen were able to monitor the concentration of dozens of occupation soldiers (60 soldiers) inside tents at their positioning point east of Juhr Al-Dik, so the Mujahideen planted 3 anti-personnel bombs in a circular pattern around the position, and at exactly 4:30 the bombs were detonated. Among the occupation soldiers, one of the mujahideen advanced to finish off the remaining members of the force, and the mujahideen withdrew to their positions safely after killing a large number of the occupation soldiers.

https://x.com/ajarabic/status/1731195838926303435?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

https://twitter.com/ajmubasher/status/1731200984947310834?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

https://x.com/ennaharonline/status/1731202804406972704?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

https://twitter.com/adham922/status/1731193830769090636?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

https://twitter.com/alaa_tallaq/status/1731198454968242592?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 08:11 on Dec 3, 2023

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Why Dua Lipa?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

But honey I smeared my own feces on the walls of a palestinian house in gaza, spray painted the star of david on the wall and everything, why are you going?

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Good. Dezionification requires the removal of zionists from social circles so they understand how hosed up and rear end-backwards their ethical code is.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
This war took everything from me: my family is alive but they don't want to speak to me.

It's like I'm a victim of a genocide

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Israeli experts told Israeli Radio: Hamas is still far from broken and is ready to continue fighting for a long time

https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1731209211957129220?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

drat sounds like israel should surrender

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Mister Speaker posted:

Maybe this is a question for the GiP thread, but in the footage we've seen of hand-placed RPG rounds on Merkava tanks, is that the kind of thing that would make the crew toast? Or are they escaping to run in shame back to their lines? I understand being in a tank hit with some anti-tank ordnance can be real nasty to the occupants, but IDK if that's just the heavy-duty stuff like DU projectiles or if those bombs are similarly devastating.

iir, it's to disable or overwhelm the tanks missile defense system. after the charge goes off it gets hit by a rocket placed rpg and that's what really does the tank in

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

Israeli experts told Israeli Radio: Hamas is still far from broken and is ready to continue fighting for a long time

https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1731209211957129220?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

drat sounds like israel should surrender

Sounds like Israel should surrender, turn themselves in for crimes against humanity, and dissolve the illegitimate state built on apartheid and genocide.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

hamas's operation this morning that killed sixty IDF is sending shock waves on arab social media, if aljazeera is reporting it its probably a real thing that happened

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

Al-Saqr posted:

Whenever I start to feel sad I watch this video:-

https://twitter.com/BlackRedGuard1/...40post536038426

:rock: :black101:

Get up and load your guns with deaths gunpowder

With thunderous dooms

Not with best wishes

Strike, the universe submits

For your victorious striking hands

Not for the cowardly souls

:rock: :black101:

gently caress yes. I need to dive in a little more of my Arabic spirit, it's been diluted in a goddamn oat milk latte :rock:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

hamas's operation this morning that killed sixty IDF is sending shock waves on arab social media, if aljazeera is reporting it its probably a real thing that happened

Were they all huddled inside their APCs with no infantry screening? They probably thought the noises on the hull were the pizza delivery.

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Vomik posted:

it’s hard to tell what that is saying - but it seems like maybe theyre calling out the liberals and their “ceasefire”? if so I agree, but I wish people remembered how to speak plainly and clearly.

imo, only calling for a ceasefire 2 months into a genocide is collaborator poo poo

It's making a demarcation between the moralist "left" liberals who denounce "violence" in the abstract, and actual fighters against the ruling class and against empire, and I think it states in pretty plain language what the basic question is, and who the enemy is:

quote:

Whatever initial isolation was necessary for anti-imperialists, the last month of mobilization has shown that a different type of broad unity can be built — not with bourgeois liberals — but by going directly to the base, and orienting to the majority sentiments of the Global South. Viewed from a global scale, it is the liberals who are isolated, and increasingly struggling to stay relevant. Look at the supposedly “decent” “left” represented by figures like Bernie Sanders and AOC: they have never been less relevant to the actual movement of history as now, when it counts the most. Sanders has stubbornly refused to even call for a ceasefire while AOC has scarcely been better – in two month’s time she has voiced support for the Iron Dome, then called for a ceasefire, and this week voted for a slanderous House resolution that equates anti-Zionism with anti-Semitism.

Klein, Goldberg and company focused their arguments after October 7 on the killing of Israeli civilians and noncombatants as war crimes. But this was just a convenient way to mask what was really a condemnation of Palestinian armed resistance as a whole. It’s not as if they defended under the rules of war the Al Aqsa Flood operation’s killing of an estimated 280 Israeli military personnel, or its taking dozens more soldiers and even generals as prisoners of war. What they really want is for Palestinians to remain peaceful and committed to nonviolent forms of protest. A more sophisticated and explicit version of this argument was presented at length in a New York Times essay calling for Palestinians to commit to “ethical resistance.”

Of course, Palestinian groups will debate among themselves what tactics and strategies are correct to advance their national liberation struggle, as they have in each phase of struggle. But not a single Palestinian party or faction (aside from the widely hated Mahmoud Abbas) condemned the Al Aqsa Flood operation — quite the contrary. Klein, Goldberg, et al should ask themselves why not. It is because the Palestinian people have attempted every type of march, protest and petition only to see the noose tighten around their necks.

The Great March of Return consisted of weekly marches in 2018-19 at the Gaza border. Those mass marches, peaceful apart from mere rock-throwing, resulted in 223 Palestinian killed by Israeli sniper fire and thousands wounded. There was no international hue and cry; the settlements expanded and Israeli society shifted even further towards fascism. Now four years later, the Al Aqsa Flood fighters returned to those same border fences and bulldozed them. It is no wonder why three-quarters of all Palestinians explicitly support the October 7 attacks, and 89 percent support Hamas’s military wing.

The Palestinian people as a whole, as a nation, understand that those who made nonviolent revolution impossible made the shift to full-fledged armed resistance inevitable. So in their insistence on an international left that condemns armed resistance, Klein and Goldberg are effectively asking for an international left without Palestinians.

https://www.liberationnews.org/building-a-real-left-not-one-that-condemns-resistance-and-has-no-palestinians/

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

Al-Saqr posted:

If that's true and gets coverage I bet we'll get some articles about how it was a war crime to finish off the soldiers, ignoring the policy of "confirming the kill" that Israel has used on such targets as a terrified 13 year old girl who walked near a checkpoint. Or sleeping "suspects" with orders to shoot if they flinch when waking up to a group of men with guns shaking them.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
holy poo poo 60 dudes got got…drat…

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Aljazeera further confirming this mornings mega-ambush

Al-Qassam Brigades announce the killing of a large number of occupation soldiers after detonating explosive devices at their position east of Juhr al-Dik

https://twitter.com/AJArabic/status/1731211934031106188?s=20

Kuwaits largest newspaper carrying the story now

https://x.com/WatanNews/status/1731209149336408078?s=20

Funny meme pic from some random twitter user as I was scrolling for news:-

https://x.com/sokaina40hydr/status/1731211073875779974?s=20

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 08:31 on Dec 3, 2023

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Al-Saqr posted:

🔻🔻Hamas announces theyve ambushed and killed upwards of 60 IDF troopers this morning in a stunning operation 🔻🔻

============

Al-Qassam Brigades: A large number of occupation soldiers were killed in the detonation of explosive devices at a gathering of occupation forces east of Juhr al-Dik, south of Gaza City.

| Al-Qassam Brigades: A large number of occupation soldiers were killed after detonating explosive devices at a position of 60 soldiers east of Juhr al-Dik.

‎Urgent - ⁧‫#كتائب_القسام‬⁩ : A large number of occupation soldiers were killed after detonating explosive devices at a position of 60 soldiers east of Juhr al-Dik.

#كتائب_القسام‬⁩ announces the killing and wounding of about 60 soldiers from the occupation army

‎📌 Al-Qassam Brigades: At dawn today, our mujahideen were able to monitor the concentration of about 60 soldiers inside tents at a positioning point for them east of Juhr al-Dik.

‎📌 Al-Qassam Brigades: Our mujahideen planted 3 anti-personnel bombs in a circle around the position

‎📌 Al-Qassam Brigades: At exactly 4:30, bombs were detonated against the occupation soldiers, and one of the mujahideen advanced to finish off the remaining members of the force.

‎📌 Al-Qassam Brigades: Our mujahideen withdrew to their positions safely after killing a large number of occupation soldiers.

A major annihilation operation is carried out on enemy soldiers east of the Central Governorate.

‎In the details..

‎🔴 At dawn today, the Al-Qassam Mujahideen were able to monitor the concentration of dozens of occupation soldiers (60 soldiers) inside tents at their positioning point east of Juhr Al-Dik, so the Mujahideen planted 3 anti-personnel bombs in a circular pattern around the position, and at exactly 4:30 the bombs were detonated. Among the occupation soldiers, one of the mujahideen advanced to finish off the remaining members of the force, and the mujahideen withdrew to their positions safely after killing a large number of the occupation soldiers.

https://x.com/ajarabic/status/1731195838926303435?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

https://twitter.com/ajmubasher/status/1731200984947310834?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

https://x.com/ennaharonline/status/1731202804406972704?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

https://twitter.com/adham922/status/1731193830769090636?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

https://twitter.com/alaa_tallaq/status/1731198454968242592?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

i mean it is insane how hamas guys can just sneak within like 30ft of idf child murderers and film them etc.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

Aljazeera further confirming this mornings mega-ambush

Al-Qassam Brigades announce the killing of a large number of occupation soldiers after detonating explosive devices at their position east of Juhr al-Dik

https://twitter.com/AJArabic/status/1731211934031106188?s=20

I was wondering if things like the bombs used in Iraq and Afghanistan would play a part in Gaza to fight the IDF, because that contributed to a lot of American deaths and severe injuries. We have American veterans now that are back home and can't go anywhere outside without losing their poo poo when they see a pile of trash on the ground.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

bobtheconqueror posted:

I think the weird double standard applied that says we have to condemn Hamas despite the circumstances they're in has a racial element on top of the propaganda aspect of flagging them as terrorists.

Like, there's an existing social phenomena with minorities, whether it's racial or sexual, that they have to behave and perform better, that they have to be functionally perfect in order to be viewed as equal, and that they're punished more harshly for any acting out or disruptive behavior ("they were no angel" stuff, rape culture). Meanwhile rich white dudes are given exceptional leeway for their misconduct ("boys will be boys" and Biden).

A lot of the weird liberal hand wringing from otherwise sympathetic parties comes from this same dynamic applied to the Global South. Like if they aren't resisting perfectly then they aren't equal, while Israel can actively engage in terrorism and genocide while being given special treatment. All Hamas terrorism must be condemned, but Israeli terrorism is just it defending itself, etc.

It's ultimately the product of propaganda, but that propaganda seeks to take advantage of those same prejudicial biases that make life hell for local minorities, which is why you get the difference in polling based on race and sex on top of the difference based on age.

The big misconception is that Israel is basically a regular white country like any other European or European settler state in the Americas, when really it's an outlet for the imperial interests of the First World, and as a colonial outpost it can never behave normally. To get over the both sides mentality, you have to recognize that Israel is responsible for all the present conditions as the occupying power. If Hamas is compelled to cross the border, mass murder Israelis and kidnap over 200 people - it's because violence is the only recourse they have left. It's because Israel has kept Gaza under siege for 16 years, regularly mass murders Palestinians as a "show of force," and refuses to honor any of their deals knowing that the United States will always bail them out. If Israelis refuse to be trustworthy and only know how to wage violence, then violence is what they get.

Israel deserved 10/7.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Why Dua Lipa?

People will hate Albanians for anything smdh

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I can't think of a recent conflict american conflict where the army lost a platoon in the span of a few minutes

hamas are doing world war two numbers

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Maya Fey posted:

i mean it is insane how hamas guys can just sneak within like 30ft of idf child murderers and film them etc.

The power of "no training" and the issue of self-puffery meeting reality.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I heard Hamas has started to collect testicles as war trophies

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

DancingShade posted:

The power of "no training" and the issue of self-puffery meeting reality.

You'd think they'd tell them hey don't crowd together unless you want to die together never underestimate what a frustrated 20 year old will do to get their rocks off, there are drones with grenades and poo poo.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Gazan journalists are ready to die to tell the truth and western journalists sit in air conditioned hotel rooms and have things approved by the Israel government. They are cowards who only care about their careers.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I heard Hamas has started to collect testicles as war trophies

Nah, those are leverage

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

bobtheconqueror posted:

You know how liberals and conservatives always hone in on queer people in the west for their support of Palestine? The whole stupid "but they're homophobic over there!!" line?

They love doing that poo poo because they believe that for the wretched of the earth, human rights are conditional. A victim of racism, social marginalization, colonialism, etc has to prove, in the eyes of the opressor, that they qualify for basic human dignity - typically by remaining a perfect victim, obedient and pure, morally unimpeachable from every angle. This is, of course, in opposition to the upper class, for whom human rights are taken for granted, where every person is innocent until proven guilty and the actions of "bad apples" do not influence the entire group's moral standing. The oppressed are forced to engage in this exhausting perpetual ritual of proving their humanity again and again: for example, Muslims in the west who were constantly asked to condemn ISIS back in the 2010s, or Palestinians right now being asked to condemn Hamas - the latter not being quite like the former since ISIS is bad while Hamas is good, but you get my point, it's about how marginalized people constantly have to reaffirm that they're "the good ones". Nobody ever asks Israelis to condemn the violence perpetuated by settlers in the west bank on the Palestinian population, even though those Palestinians are constantly asked to condemn the resistance.

The only way for a member of lower class to fully gain the status of a human, in the case of colonialism, is to be obedient or a collaborator. The conquistadors were glad to grant the Totonac and Tlaxcalteca the title of "good Indians" for assisting them in their war against the Aztec empire, without which the 1519 expedition would be remembered as no more impressive than the rest of Cortes' resume. The rest of the indigenous population was, of course, viewed as inherently subhuman and undeserving of equal rights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

is there any reason al-saqr isn't thread ik btw