Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tiggum posted:

I don't get it. Who or what is "Dulles"?

CIA guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Mauser posted:

It's an airport with zero charm. For decades it didn't have metro access to DC. When you get off an international flight you get crammed into these stupid buses that drive you to a single hall for border control where you could be behind no one or a thousand people.

WTF is that design? We have had buses for 100 years, who made this thing?

E: okay it looks like it docks at a platform.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

If elected to Congress, I will introduce a bill issuing letters of marque against Cybertrucks, empowering citizens to seize and scrap them as lawful prizes.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
I like that the cybertruck exists. It’s not that I like the design, it’s that I’m so bored of all the other car on the road looking identical.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

lifg posted:

I like that the cybertruck exists. It’s not that I like the design, it’s that I’m so bored of all the other car on the road looking identical.

I like that the cybertruck exists because I enjoy laughing at them.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

WTF is that design? We have had buses for 100 years, who made this thing?

E: okay it looks like it docks at a platform.

Oh it’s a whole thing. Mobile Lounges. They’re cool as hell but only a couple of airports still use them. Iirc the original designs had them where they’d lift up and down so you’d just board them and they would drive you directly to and from the plane out on the tarmac but the industry shifted elsewhere. Some YouTuber had a good write up on them recently-ish but I can find it for the life of me.

Fake edit, here we go: https://youtu.be/j3OqAN4ISOw?si=UetBaTV1PVob7VU7

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is the best example of modern performative pick up trucks because you can barely fit anything into the truck bed part. If you get the range extending option you get even less.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Doesn’t the tonneau cover completely enclose the rear windshield, too? Great design.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

lifg posted:

Same

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

muscles like this! posted:

It is the best example of modern performative pick up trucks because you can barely fit anything into the truck bed part. If you get the range extending option you get even less.
Also just like modern performative pickups, you can't see the child that you hit until it's in the rearview mirror (if then).

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It just looks like someone tried to build a ford F150 out of bits of old sheet metal, with tin snips and a welder.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I would like the Cybertruck more if it was just Musk's own personal vehicle like Batman having the Batmobile and that's the best they could do.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

OwlFancier posted:

It just looks like someone tried to build a ford F150 out of bits of old sheet metal, with tin snips and a welder.
Please, they invented air bending to make it.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

OwlFancier posted:

Have you seen the Cybertruck with the Ford F150 wrap?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

kazil posted:

Next Generation would be over the moon about how realistic these graphics look.

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

I don't know what costs $100k about it, I make and flush a cybertruck every day. For $free

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

kazil posted:

lmao

I assume that's supposed to be clever but it just looks like "we have pickup truck at home"

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Elon's done it again!

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

A political figure at the time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Foster_Dulles

He was acting like he didn't know him either.
Addendum: Dulles had been dead over 20 years when Biden said that.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

So was Biden

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

kazil posted:

I don't know which win95 game this is a screenshot from but I'm pretty sure I played it back in the 90s

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

ToxicFrog posted:

I don't know which win95 game this is a screenshot from but I'm pretty sure I played it back in the 90s

need for speed 1

edit: or monster truck madness?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
big red racing

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

OwlFancier posted:

Reminds me of something else:

https://i.imgur.com/lVs6C6E.mp4

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

kazil posted:

It looks better than the intended CBRTRK finish

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

ToxicFrog posted:

Cruisin' USA 64

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

JFC buy a better graphics card already instead of turning the settings all the way down.

Car looks like it's out of LHX Attack Chopper

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Trabant posted:

Reminds me of something else:

https://i.imgur.com/lVs6C6E.mp4

granted the aztec isnt the ugliest vehicle around, and certainly better looking than the cybertruck. but a masterpiece it is not.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

My Spirit Otter posted:

granted the aztec isnt the ugliest vehicle around, and certainly better looking than the cybertruck. but a masterpiece it is not.

:thejoke:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Warbird posted:

Oh it’s a whole thing. Mobile Lounges. They’re cool as hell but only a couple of airports still use them. Iirc the original designs had them where they’d lift up and down so you’d just board them and they would drive you directly to and from the plane out on the tarmac but the industry shifted elsewhere. Some YouTuber had a good write up on them recently-ish but I can find it for the life of me.

Fake edit, here we go: https://youtu.be/j3OqAN4ISOw?si=UetBaTV1PVob7VU7

Also worth noting that they are absolutely massive vehicles. They typically pick you up in the central terminal and take you to wherever your gate is. IAD has a separate international concourse that’s much nicer than the rest of the airport for some reason. Those busses aren’t all that bad but definitely annoying when you’re tired, disembarking and just want to get to your luggage and then you have to cram yourself onto one of those busses on the way back.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

well its a poo poo joke, because even ironically, the aztec isnt a masterpiece

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

My Spirit Otter posted:

That is the joke. Like how a trash bin is a masterpiece next to the loser Elon Musk

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

My Spirit Otter posted:

That's what makes it ironic Alanis

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

"the fact that I didn't get the joke says more about you than it does about me"

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Milo and POTUS posted:

That's what makes it ironic Alanis

A little too ironic.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

My Spirit Otter posted:

My Spirit Otter posted:

Unbelievable

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Tweet a screenshot of that post on X and post it here because it's drat fine content

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

My Spirit Otter posted:

My Spirit Otter posted:

No seriously guys! I just checked, there's nobody at the loving door!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/ThoughtSlime/status/1731476702134423935

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

ToxicFrog posted:

Goldeneye