Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

love this dude with the rough voice getting picked up by the mics

this has been a really good episode!

e:Rousey looked great in the main. A little lost in points from both her and billie, but a really good match.

It's a shame she's such a lovely person or I'd be super hyped to see her at Final Battle v Athena

The Taxman fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Nov 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

The dubbing of the generic music for Ronda Rousey was hilariously bad

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

My main takeaway from the Rousey match was how much better Marina Shafir has got in the past couple of years.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Lamuella posted:

My main takeaway from the Rousey match was how much better Marina Shafir has got in the past couple of years.
Watch her indie stuff where they let her fully use her shooter style, especially against other technical wrestlers.

Marina vs Liiza Hall in Defy a few months ago: https://streamstak.com/wremix/video/defy-spirit-wc/ @1:20:30

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

poo poo, give her a Pure Rules match against Leyla Hirsch right the gently caress now.

Okkult
Oct 10, 2012

Sign Jack Cartwheel, Tony, you detestable swine!

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i thought ronda actually looked pretty good in that match, like she was just having fun doing pro wrestling

the standing armbar into croyt's wrath reversal was super sick

anyways thats enough ronda on tv i watch regularly, good show

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I feel like Big Shotty got stealth really good when I wasn't paying attention.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

He hit a gear he rarely does in that match, he's not usually that fast but something about that really kicked him up and he should really keep his game there.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

If he keeps wrestling like that I'm going to have to stop calling him Big Shoddy Lee Johnson

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Always been a Big Shotty guy.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Pylons posted:

He's a little sloppy but he's got a ton of heart, agreed

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rantmo posted:

He hit a gear he rarely does in that match, he's not usually that fast but something about that really kicked him up and he should really keep his game there.

marriage changes a man.

Pylons posted:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

So if Eddie's putting the ROH title into the Triple Crown, does the TV title become the main title on ROH by default?

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Nyla Rose on RoH????

E: gotta get these ladies in the ring with Haruna Neko and Shoko Nakajima and Layla can play giant

E2: guess you were right Pylons, because they won't even say her name now

E3: I like this whole "Athena creating a monster who (presumably) destroys her" gimmick

The Taxman fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 1, 2023

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

:sickos:

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Billie/Athena at Final Battle, hell yeah

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Well. Goodbye $10 or whatever ROH costs.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
yo Emi fuckin fastballed her crown at the security guard and he still caught it

great ROH overall, Komander and Gringo Loco had a tremendous match if you don't mind slow-developing spots

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I really hope it's the main event. It deserves to be, considering it's been the main storyline of the actual Ring of Honor show this cycle, and one of the best things going in all of AEW/ROH at the moment period. Oh, and the match is almost guaranteed to own, too.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch3nwSFhahM

I haven't been watching RoH but AEW put this up and I ended up watching all 3 hours. The whole story has been great.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

lamentable dustman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch3nwSFhahM

I haven't been watching RoH but AEW put this up and I ended up watching all 3 hours. The whole story has been great.

Yeah, Athena has always been great, and Billie has progressed so much during this story.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Lamuella posted:

Yeah, Athena has always been great, and Billie has progressed so much during this story.

Lexi too. She's had a really good year all around but she has added so much to this story, her backing Athena up in that last promo (pre-graduation) and then her valedictorial performance had me cackling.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Answers Me posted:

I really hope it's the main event. It deserves to be, considering it's been the main storyline of the actual Ring of Honor show this cycle, and one of the best things going in all of AEW/ROH at the moment period. Oh, and the match is almost guaranteed to own, too.

Also the world and TV titles are vacant and the tag titles might as well be. I haven't been watching ROH since the last PPV - are they building to any other matches?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Also the world and TV titles are vacant and the tag titles might as well be. I haven't been watching ROH since the last PPV - are they building to any other matches?

We're very likely to get Yuta vs Hook as Yoots won the Pure title from Shibata.

There's a tournament ongoing for the TV title so the finals will likely be there

There's something building between Leyla Hirsch and Rachel Ellering (Rachel supports her, Leyla resents it)

Mogul Embassy have the six man titles, but Kaun and Liona are in New Japan right now. They'll be back before Final Battle so I'd imagine a title match will be set thereafter. My suspicion is that it will include Action Andretti and Top Flight as they're being built up as a six man unit.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lamuella posted:

Mogul Embassy have the six man titles, but Kaun and Liona are in New Japan right now. They'll be back before Final Battle so I'd imagine a title match will be set thereafter. My suspicion is that it will include Action Andretti and Top Flight as they're being built up as a six man unit.

World Tag League spoilers: It looks like a match is being set up between Mogul Embassy and United Empire (Great O Khan, HENARE, and a third unnamed member. I'd guess Cobb.)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Pylons posted:

World Tag League spoilers: It looks like a match is being set up between Mogul Embassy and United Empire (Great O Khan, HENARE, and a third unnamed member. I'd guess Cobb.)

That would whip.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

drat ospreay vs swerve would rule

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

drat ospreay vs swerve would rule

That'll be the main event of all in 2024

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

They fought each other back in 2016 and 2017. Once in Progress, once in Riptide. It was while both of them were working as junior heavyweights, and Ospreay was in contention for best junior in the world, so from what I've seen both are flippy as hell. Can't wait to see what they'd both do with a bit more muscle on them.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

apophenium posted:

That'll be the main event of all in 2024

As if it won't be MJF and Adam Cole finishing the story.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
So ROH Final Battle is a week from tomorrow and taking place about 20 minutes from my house. When I looked at the card on the ROH site it just had the Athena/Starkz and Keith Lee/Shane Taylor matches (I'm also seeing a Tony Nese/Ethan Page contract signing for a match ... which doesn't exactly wow me). The ROH title obviously isn't going to get defended; what else can I expect?

I'm also seeing that only about a thousand tickets have been sold and 2,500 are still available. I know we have Dynamite & Collision in the area that week, but that doesn't look very promising.

I also have the option of going to AEW Collision the next night at the same place.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Other possible/likely matches include:

Yuta/Hook
Mogul Embassy/Top Flight
TV Title finals

There's probably others I'm forgetting

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

FTR is showing up in some capacity

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Bless them for trying but I cannot take a contract signing segment seriously when it's between Ethan Page and Tony Nese

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

BCC vs FTR/Mark Briscoe, this should loving slap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGlNl47f54k

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I keep thinking why does Tony keep ROH around and then I see the PPV cards and Im like oh thats why ok good.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1735126131940937938

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Vikingo vs. Taurus would have pushed me to buy this if it wasn't on a Friday. Still considering it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Vikingo vs. Taurus would have pushed me to buy this if it wasn't on a Friday. Still considering it.

You don't have to buy it separately if it helps. It's on Honor Club and a subscription is $10.