Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Karach posted:

Does Fukuyama ever explain why he thinks it's only in war that people can cultivate these virtues?

he lays it all out in FF’s previous post: liberalism is too good for the atomized man to tolerate, so we need struggle to prove our right to exist.

that sounds ridiculous, but look at the Manosphere influence network. there’s an entire industry built around encouraging men to be unhealthy because it realizes some higher ideal of masculine aestheticism. they must engage in a self-abusing performance to prove they’re not just a soy eating consoomer like the rest of the “bugmen.” (what Fukuyama refers to as the “last men”)

Fukuyama is forced to come to this conclusion because an alternative to liberalism isn’t possible. to guarantee there are no alternatives the fascist drive towards endless conflict needs to be embraced, but instead of the tyranny of gangster reaction we have to mow the grass in places like Gaza for the tyranny of bourgeois freedom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Grem posted:

Holy poo poo a dude I knew from high school is on the USS Carney. He broke up with a girl because she got into a car accident and ended up with a scar on her cheek. I hope he gets got.

lol

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

maruhkati posted:

The ideal outcome for humanity would be an Algeria solution, where they could leave the Hitler bubble and learn to be Jews again instead of Klingons. Alas, the nukes ensure this will never happen. Also, in practice there'd probably be multiple worse versions of the Oran incident, which is unacceptable - the Israeli masses need to be re-educated to be less Israeli, not killed.

sending all of israel to france is a novel solution, but it's hard to say it's an outcome that france hasn't earned for itself

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
"Sir, it's urgent. Frosted Flake has just been probated."

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
israeli shabak head making GBS threads his diapers and having a normal one

=========

Urgent | The Israeli Broadcasting Corporation, on an audio recording of the head of the Shin Bet: This is the Munich of the age, and we will eliminate Hamas in Gaza, the West Bank, Lebanon, Turkey, and Qatar.

https://x.com/aja_egypt/status/1731386109760831997?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

fosborb posted:

https://twitter.com/MarioNawfal/status/1731299624344777143?t=_Vaq5j9KxGLJOLwVD6BDbg&s=19

if you ever want proof Israel intends to wipe Gaza off the map, it's their resistance to putting even their lap dog Abbas in power there

So this is less about Gaza and more about the plans for the West Bank right?

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

The Voice of Labor posted:

sending all of israel to france is a novel solution, but it's hard to say it's an outcome that france hasn't earned for itself

Congrats France, you just became a land without a people. Now Israel's gonna make you bloom.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Zodium posted:

if you dont say you reserve the right, the police will arrest your army if yiou respond

Anyone can just take a reservation, but do they know how to hold the reservation?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Adenoid Dan posted:

Congrats France, you just became a land without a people. Now Israel's gonna make you bloom.

hope the israelis enjoy the bedbugs

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
dti

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Going to bed dont forget to kneel next to your bed and pray to whatever diety or picture of marx you worship to destroy israel

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

unironic specific guilty pleasure
love learning how something current ties into a little slice of life tidbit from someone's past, immediately followed up by which people from that memory should be shot

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
https://twitter.com/pslnational/status/1731100637960577368?t=srMHTH3FHJeGlY_8mRrIeQ&s=19

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
lol the IDF are so pissed about the Hamas ambush.
https://twitter.com/idf/status/1731380602065027519

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Grem posted:

Holy poo poo a dude I knew from high school is on the USS Carney. He broke up with a girl because she got into a car accident and ended up with a scar on her cheek. I hope he gets got.

lmfao

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

What the gently caress were 60 dudes doing that not one of them was around to notice three bombs being placed in close enough proximity to kill and injure them all? All I can loving imagine is they must have gotten into their emergency MDMA and Psytrance reserves after a long hard day of jacking off in their tanks

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Al-Saqr posted:

israeli shabak head making GBS threads his diapers and having a normal one

=========

Urgent | The Israeli Broadcasting Corporation, on an audio recording of the head of the Shin Bet: This is the Munich of the age, and we will eliminate Hamas in Gaza, the West Bank, Lebanon, Turkey, and Qatar.

https://x.com/aja_egypt/status/1731386109760831997?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

maybe get one victory under your belt before proclaiming you will be victorious in a regional conflict

between this and the greater Israel map these mfs have been high in their own supply for a while

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It brings me no pleasure to report that Hamas has fallen for the doomed project of bourgeois electoralism, revealing themselves to be Liberals.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

FlapYoJacks posted:

I would hit the no button so hard it would break the machine.
https://twitter.com/setpixels/status/1731098710095131115

they mustve replaced the "are u currently carrying any weapons or explosives?" question with this

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Grem posted:

lmao

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Chillgamesh posted:

What the gently caress were 60 dudes doing that not one of them was around to notice three bombs being placed in close enough proximity to kill and injure them all? All I can loving imagine is they must have gotten into their emergency MDMA and Psytrance reserves after a long hard day of jacking off in their tanks

Now you understand what that rabbi meant when he said "allowances must be made for the comfort of the warriors." this is what happens when they're out of range of pizza delivery and rec centers and have to bust open the emergency crates

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

[P vs I] breaking up with your egirl after she gets into a tank accident

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 21:09 on Dec 3, 2023

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Karach posted:

Thanks for this thorough reply. I'm always skeeved when guys like Fukuyama start throwing around terms like "thymotic" because it's inevitably some pencil-armed academic expressing in classically elevated language their personal horniness for war. It reads like some fascistic impulse, where they want the society they live in to feel powerful and manly, to prevent some backslide into barbarity. I assume their own thymos gets charged up from simply being near to war, while others do the actual fighting?

Does Fukuyama ever explain why he thinks it's only in war that people can cultivate these virtues?

It's kind of a repeat of how European and American commentators talked about societies and people before WW1, so Fukuyama is just drawing on the tradition of people getting hot and heavy about other people dying for their ideas.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Chillgamesh posted:

i assume the bombs were already in place.

though i saw some of the recent videos and the soldiers were generally just milling around like they were at a shopping mall, completely unaware.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

Chillgamesh posted:

food coma from the vegan pizza they doordashed last night imo

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

he lays it all out in FF’s previous post: liberalism is too good for the atomized man to tolerate, so we need struggle to prove our right to exist.

that sounds ridiculous, but look at the Manosphere influence network. there’s an entire industry built around encouraging men to be unhealthy because it realizes some higher ideal of masculine aestheticism. they must engage in a self-abusing performance to prove they’re not just a soy eating consoomer like the rest of the “bugmen.” (what Fukuyama refers to as the “last men”)

Fukuyama is forced to come to this conclusion because an alternative to liberalism isn’t possible. to guarantee there are no alternatives the fascist drive towards endless conflict needs to be embraced, but instead of the tyranny of gangster reaction we have to mow the grass in places like Gaza for the tyranny of bourgeois freedom.

Yearly "war" on the Helots rear end ideology.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Did this mass killing of IDF troops happen or not? The thread's talking like it's definite; I can't see a drat thing in the news though.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Pistol_Pete posted:

Did this mass killing of IDF troops happen or not? The thread's talking like it's definite; I can't see a drat thing in the news though.

Who do you trust more? Hamas, or western news orgs?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Orange Devil posted:

Yearly "war" on the Helots rear end ideology.

this is a perfect way to put it, yeah. it’s not a coincidence that American foreign policy after the Cold War primarily involves warring on the interests that we raised up to fight communism before. liberal ideology is a historical cul de sac where no matter how far down fascism you go you’ll come back to liberal hegemony.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Pistol_Pete posted:

Israel is still piecemealing dead soldiers from Oct 7. I'd take everything Hamas says at face value

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Pistol_Pete posted:

AJA tweeted it out twice, and a couple other Arab news orgs have reported on it. That said I get the skepticism considering the massive number of casualties & lack of footage/pictures currently

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
inshallah the probation of frosted flake will this time precipitate the death of bibi or the destruction of the state of Israel

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Pistol_Pete posted:

Al Jazeera reported on it

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Gunshow Poophole posted:

inshallah the probation of frosted flake will this time precipitate the death of bibi or the destruction of the state of Israel

If it does I vote we keep probating him. I like posting with him but can't argue with those kinds of results.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Israeli's are deranged, shooting and killing other Zionists with wanton fury

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Israel is never gonna admit that they lost an entire platoon in one fell swoop. their silence on the issue is more suspicious than an outright denial.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Grem posted:

lol

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Orange Devil posted:

If it does I vote we keep probating him. I like posting with him but can't argue with those kinds of results.

He needs to charge up his energy first, the more words he posts between probations the greater the world event will be.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I'm sending him one of those grip strength spring exercisers, some fingertip glove bandages, and reminding him, ff: stay hydrated, keep those thumbs limber, remember it's a system engage ur wrists and elbows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Owlbear Camus posted:

I saw this and thought "I bet I could actually get Field Marshal Mhewkov to wear one."

He purred when I put it on.

I'm awarding your cat a medal for valorous fashion choices