Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

It wouldn’t shock me if she ends up in attendance at the show as part of the deal. Seems like a prudent piece of business to make if you’re giving up a lot of seats to accommodate staging for a concert that 1) you’re allowed to use some of the staging’s functionality yourself for your show, and 2) the artist you’re accommodating makes an appearance at the very least, if not watches the whole show.

And they don’t seem nearly as haphazard at securing that deal as, like, WWE was on following up on having Nicki Minaj host Summerslam or whatever was considered for a brief moment that one year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

One week we're so back, the next week it's over :psyduck: I can't take this abusive relationship anymore AEW

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Tony probably knows he won't be able to replicate this year's numbers because the novelty's worn off a little, so he can afford to go for a bigger stage.

Also, people don't realise how big Wembley is. Wrestlemania is probably gonna still be outsold by All In again because the Eagles' stadium can only accommodate about 60,000 with an end-zone stage.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TinTower posted:

Tony probably knows he won't be able to replicate this year's numbers because the novelty's worn off a little, so he can afford to go for a bigger stage.

Also, people don't realise how big Wembley is. Wrestlemania is probably gonna still be outsold by All In again because the Eagles' stadium can only accommodate about 60,000 with an end-zone stage.

He did apparently say that this is the only UK show of the year, meaning they’re not going to do a smaller Dynamite or something before/after it, so that’ll probably help the numbers a bit. As much as I’d like to see them do a week of shows there or something, I understand why they don’t.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

£10 says that they're not running Collision in London because RevPro's Anniversary Show will almost certainly be on the Saturday, like it was this year, and Bruv will almost certainly want to do something on that show.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It’d make sense to do the PPV first anyway and then do TV to follow so your first show of the run is the biggest one. But, alas.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Seams posted:

Double J needs to pull some strings and get Taylor at All In

This would be so sick. JJ hits TSwift with a guitar, slapnuts style

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

bree woo bree wooo (taylor's version)

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Lamuella posted:

bree woo bree wooo (taylor's version)

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/jobbernationtv/status/1731061362741440649?s=46

Just gonna put on WrestleMania 25, I have good memories of the MITB match and Taker vs HBK, hopefully there aren’t some really bad matches on that card that’ll make me throw poo poo at the screen.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Aw, he really tipped his hand it's just for outrage.

That said it's funny to imagine Jobber is talking about Andy Kaufman.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Too blatant, this guy. Need to keep the trolling less obviously deliberate.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/MarquezLive_/status/1730561655178719495

The funny thing was seeing BackupHangman complain about them getting a signal boost for paying for Twitter.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

TinTower posted:

From what I can gather, TK’s people probably made a deal with Taylor Swift’s people to share the staging in exchange for Taylor getting the extra two nights on the weekend before All In.

I wouldn’t toxx over it, but I wouldn’t be surprised at an attendance around 64,000.

8,000 people fewer than last time? AEW's gonna be out of business by (next) Christmas.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Selachian posted:

8,000 people fewer than last time? AEW's gonna be out of business by (next) Christmas.

Ah, but you see, they’ll suddenly accept the 81,035 figure as gospel, even if the 2024 figure is still bigger than Mania’s.

(Of course, WWE will probably announce 70,000 for a stadium with a seated capacity of 66,000 and one end-zone blocked off)

TinTower fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Dec 3, 2023

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerwon/status/1731431064743321734?s=46&t=D-t26BWParNi3ZH8dDpkSA

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I'm with Dave

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
who is the dumb one here

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Dave's right, but they both have me blocked so there are no winners here.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

apophenium posted:

I'm with Dave

As much as youtube has been making everything else lovely, I have to admit youtubetv has been really good about inserting buffers when shows go long in the year or so I've been watching AEW over it, and I haven't had to do that. The only times I miss stuff is when AEW just doesn't air something like an end of show promo.

Seams posted:

who is the dumb one here

It seems like they're talking past eachother. Like Dave is talking about shows running long and Leslie is talking about unaired content.
So I'm gonna default to Dave is a dummy for trying to engage with Leslie in good faith about wrestling on twitter.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Seams posted:

who is the dumb one here

Leslie because he is commenting on something he doesn't know anything about and Dave is humiliating him once again.

Edit: LOL Leslie deleted already. He was blaming AEW on Bryan not DVRing their overruns. I should have screenshotted because he comes after Dave and then deletes after he gets dunked on.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 3, 2023

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
Is Leslie still bitching about how Cutler and Cabana wrestling dark matches is killing the business, or something?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

World Princess posted:

Is Leslie still bitching about how Cutler and Cabana wrestling dark matches is killing the business, or something?

no that’s when they join the young bucks next year

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Why can't Bryan watch the entirety of a show he I presumes receives some money to watch and then talk about?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

Why can't Bryan watch the entirety of a show he I presumes receives some money to watch and then talk about?

Learned helplessness

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
You can reliably think the opposite of Leslie and come to the correct conclusion a remarkable amount of times. On wrestling, politics, anything really

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Dawgstar posted:

Because this way he has one more thing to complain about

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Sometimes cooking videos on YouTube do something wrong on purpose so people make comments like "hey this is wrong" and it creates engagement

But Bryan's just dumb

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

I'm not saying Americans are stupid, but… Americans are stupid.

https://twitter.com/AEWFULWRESTLING/status/1731130420450795553
https://twitter.com/jwlltn/status/1731271113312026810
https://twitter.com/sunnysparks_/status/1731167612527137244
https://twitter.com/FakeNadine/status/1731410513609863268

the moral of today, Sunday 3rd December 2023, is that "you fight everyone and the one who wins the most wins" is confusing but "we get you went undefeated all season but you miss the playoffs because you fail the vibe check" is totally comprehensible

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

World Princess posted:

Not sure but I enjoyed how he was just "flipping channels" last monday.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
"I'm too stupid to understand the tournament format that literally every sports league uses, this is Tony Kahn's fault somehow"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

TinTower posted:

I'm not saying Americans are stupid, but… Americans are stupid.

https://twitter.com/AEWFULWRESTLING/status/1731130420450795553
https://twitter.com/jwlltn/status/1731271113312026810
https://twitter.com/sunnysparks_/status/1731167612527137244
https://twitter.com/FakeNadine/status/1731410513609863268

the moral of today, Sunday 3rd December 2023, is that "you fight everyone and the one who wins the most wins" is confusing but "we get you went undefeated all season but you miss the playoffs because you fail the vibe check" is totally comprehensible

TBF that is in fact how both boxing and UFC work but also Americans don't really give a huge poo poo about either of those.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

The only thing that could be confusing is three points for a win instead of two, but that just takes you down a fun Wikipedia rabbit hole, so it’s harmless.

(tldr: the English football league introduce it in the 80s as part of their ongoing drive to reward more attacking football. Tony running this system is basically “because he owns a Premier League team”.)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

how is it done for american football figuring out who is in the playoffs? Because I know most of these people probably watch that.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

also how the group stage of the world cup works but

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Shard posted:

how is it done for american football figuring out who is in the playoffs? Because I know most of these people probably watch that.

its all quite simple you see,

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after one-or-more clubs are eliminated during any step, tiebreaker restarts at Step 1 of two-club format. If three clubs remain tied after a fourth club is eliminated during any step, tiebreaker restarts at Step 1 of three-club format.)

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory in all games.
Strength of schedule in all games.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Shard posted:

Divisions basically exist to codify rivalry games and you get six of those each season. You also play eleven more games: four against one other division in your conference, four against a division in the opposite conference, two against the other teams in your conference that finished in the same position in their division as you did in your division last year, and one against a team in a division in the opposite conference that finished in the same position.

Division winners get to go through to the playoffs, as well as the three most winningest non-division winners. The most winningest division winner gets a bye in the quarter-final round.

If there’s a tie for playoff or division position, you go with some weird algorithm involving how you did in certain games.

See? Totally simple.

That’s just for the NFL, though. If you’re a college team, you have most games against colleges in your conference and a few out-of-conference games, and if you do really well against good teams, you get to compete for the national championship, as long as you pass the vibe check and Nick Saban doesn’t throw a hissy fit.

(Also, why do Americans hate ties in sport so much they’ll resort to overtime? I never got it.)

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

When I am confronted with something I don't understand I shut down and start crying so I get where they're coming from

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

TinTower posted:

(Also, why do Americans hate ties in sport so much they’ll resort to overtime? I never got it.)

Probably cause American sports fans tend to make rooting for their team their entire personality so a draw means neither side gets the bragging rights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

whenever they show the chart they should also put a QR code on the screen that you can scan that has ryan satin explain all the rules to you