Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Sometimes I stop and think "what are the cryptoland island people doing now?" And "where's my pal Connie?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Cringepost dude is back!

Zachs Snacks
Dec 3, 2023

by Pragmatica

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Dec 4, 2023

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Busters posted:

Sometimes I stop and think "what are the cryptoland island people doing now?" And "where's my pal Connie?"

They all went to live in a bitcoin wallet upstate where there's room to run and play and is at least 1000 feet from a school

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Agents are GO! posted:

They all went to live in a bitcoin wallet upstate where there's room to run and play and is at least 1000 feet from a school

lmao

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Agents are GO! posted:

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

tango alpha delta posted:

Seraph, please call New York City’s mental health support at 988 if you are in distress or having a manic episode. We are not equipped to help you here.

buttcoin

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Really regret missing that meeting where we decided we weren't calling it "bitchcoin" anymore.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Agents are GO! posted:

new thread title

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
here i am with the vast number everyday use cases and mass adoption for my two decade old currency. they're all just out of frame, having lots of fun

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

(thumbs refresh on Coinbase app, blithely ignoring that the "withdraw money" button has long since been greyed out)

I'm a high value mate now

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Seraph rereg economy is keeping the SA servers alive until the oceans consume us and our computers

It is very much this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwHB7tHirRY&t=27s

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

here i am with the vast number everyday use cases and mass adoption for my two decade old currency. they're all just out of frame, having lots of fun

Those particular goalposts got moved. Now Bitcoin isn't "an actual functioning currency you can use to buy things," it is "a store of value." Which is turned into actual real money that you can spend when you need to buy things, because Bitcoin has no use other than as a speculative instrument (which is mostly involved in crime and scams).

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Dabir posted:

Even more ridiculous than Haydee from Haydee?

Yes.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Time_pants posted:

Really regret missing that meeting where we decided we weren't calling it "bitchcoin" anymore.

Just keep saying it and it might catch back on. Be a trailblazer

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Well done mods promptly deleting Seraph's latest posts and erasing the content. I don't read his posts anymore but their presence does poo poo up the look of a page and require much more scrolling from the rest of us.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

what are they hiding?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

flubber nuts posted:

what are they hiding?

Based on his past posts: "Proof" of the unending profitability of Bitcoin based on unlabelled graphs with unscientific projections and the hysteric greed of bagholders, "proof" it's environmentally sound and indeed improves the emissions situation, and idiotic memes appealing to greed and fear of missing out.

You'd best sell your house/car, raid the family finances, borrow all the money you can and buy Buy BUY Bitcoin. It can only go up Up UP!

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
https://youtu.be/3_mWMliLFwA?si=-U4rL5wGyIcveNZM

Essentially videos like this, but less based in reality.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

flubber nuts posted:

what are they hiding?

the current price of bitcoin and really boring memes

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

MechaCrash posted:

Those particular goalposts got moved. Now Bitcoin isn't "an actual functioning currency you can use to buy things," it is "a store of value." Which is turned into actual real money that you can spend when you need to buy things, because Bitcoin has no use other than as a speculative instrument (which is mostly involved in crime and scams).

actually buttcoin is a store of energy like a battery.

no stop asking how you get energy back out. unless its cashing out and paying your utility bill.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

flubber nuts posted:

what are they hiding?

Fuckable robots.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

All robots are fuckable if you're not a coward

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

flubber nuts posted:

what are they hiding?

Mental illness.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Crust First posted:

Mental illness.

Not very well.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

flubber nuts posted:

what are they hiding?

Did you not read my post? I wasn't kidding about brain damage (mental illnesses). Dude should be in a gambling rehab like zaurg would be expected to go to. Pretty much the same person.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

flubber nuts posted:

what are they hiding?

Mods are covering up the truth about bitcoin

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

He said he was going to tell me what happened to Connie. :qq: and now I'll never get to know. I-i just miss my singing coin genie and all his extremely clever block chain memes

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

titty_baby_ posted:

Mods are covering up the truth about bitcoin

Are you saying mods knew about bitcoin?

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

PhazonLink posted:

actually buttcoin is a store of energy like a battery.

no stop asking how you get energy back out. unless its cashing out and paying your utility bill.

Ah, so it’s a store of energy in the exact same way as it’s a store of value.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Busters posted:

He said he was going to tell me what happened to Connie. :qq: and now I'll never get to know. I-i just miss my singing coin genie and all his extremely clever block chain memes

I think Connie is legitimately my favourite thing to come out of Bitcoin. He's just such a revolting mascot in one of the most bizarre fuckin adverts for the most pie in the sky idea since SA last floated a private goon island, he and the video he's part of is almost infinitely rewatchable in just how wacko it all is. It's got real mobile game advert vibes

"don'tbeshygoahedandtryitaTRRRRYYY everybodylovesit UHHHM" is stuck in my head for the rest of my existence now

E, timestamped:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFoAF6lY6iI&t=226s

gently caress man it's so good. it's so rotten. gently caress.

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Dec 4, 2023

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
What the gently caress did I just watch?

It's like watching a car accident happen in real time

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Did someone put rat poison on his table??

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Scarodactyl posted:

Did someone put rat poison on his table??

I mean if you were hired to be a waiter at that resort, wouldn't you??

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
E: aww boo, nevermind

Splicer fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Dec 4, 2023

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Agents are GO! posted:

Are you saying mods knew about bitcoin?

Jeff is Satoshi Solotshi

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

tango alpha delta posted:

What the gently caress did I just watch?

It's like watching a car accident happen in real time

You're acting like sending all the crypto bros to an island isn't a good idea. They should also release a bunch of Komodo dragons.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
we're back

https://twitter.com/nayibbukele/status/1731653743668572498

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I wonder who's going to wind up taking the fall (probably metaphorical, maybe literal) when these DIAMOND HANDS HODL idiots see all their potential gains evaporate when the price of Bitcoin shits the bed again because yet another big exchange was revealed to be a scam, or some dingdong clicked an obviously fake link for free cheese or some poo poo and got all their poo poo stolen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

lol is this why seraph has posted so often recently? it just randomly went up $10K over the past 3 days so now they're all crawling back out of the woodwork going, "SEE. SEE. IT'S WORTH SOMETHING NOW" like bro, what was the reason it jumped $10K, you don't think that's weird?