Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I send Microsoft a check for $5 every month on top of my Gamepass payment because I think they charge too little!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

ColdPie posted:

I send Microsoft a check for $5 every month on top of my Gamepass payment because I think they charge too little!!

Ya I feel like PS+ is a real ripoff. Gamepass regular is so drat good. I use to buy way too many new games, now with game pass, I buy half the games I need to. I am always late due to my backlog so I don't mind waiting few months to play a few new releases.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I wish I got more out of my GP sub, oh well. I usually play the same game or 2 for months.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

American McGay posted:

Never realized how many poor freeloaders there were. Phil was right to kick your ungrateful asses out.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

is there a way to increase the streaming quality somewhere for the xbox remote play app over a wired connection? I'm streaming to my pc over my wired intranet and the quality is kinda lovely

it's all washed out and the color is wrong

Literally PS4 Pro Remote Play app looks better than this lmao

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Dec 4, 2023

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Of course the quality is lovely, it’s Diablo 4

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

American McGay posted:

Never realized how many poor freeloaders there were. Phil was right to kick your ungrateful asses out.

:hai:
Instead of working in Microsoft Rewards mines, you could be playing video games.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

is there a way to increase the streaming quality somewhere for the xbox remote play app over a wired connection? I'm streaming to my pc over my wired intranet and the quality is kinda lovely

it's all washed out and the color is wrong

Literally PS4 Pro Remote Play app looks better than this lmao

Nope, it’s fairly bad. I can’t get over the difference in stream quality from the Xbox and ps5. PS5 looks like native gameplay, it’s super impressive. Xbox just uses too low a bitrate. Even on my steam deck it’s noticeable on the tiny screen.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I think the 15 minuets cool down is bullshit. Still giving me points.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Nope, it’s fairly bad. I can’t get over the difference in stream quality from the Xbox and ps5. PS5 looks like native gameplay, it’s super impressive. Xbox just uses too low a bitrate. Even on my steam deck it’s noticeable on the tiny screen.

Yeah it doesn't look like you can modify this at all either. the bitrate is super low. Maybe i should use a screenshare app on the xbox? I think you can do that for the One, so probably also for the series x

webmeister posted:

Of course the quality is lovely, it’s Diablo 4

you know that's not what im saying

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Free game

https://x.com/TrueAchievement/status/1731669022221947087?s=20

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Gotham Knights deluxe is $13.50 today only on the Xbox store.

It's on gamepass, but that's cheap enough for me to get and not have to worry about it leaving. Definitely not as good as the previous games, but I had fun in multiplayer.

Edit: unclear if this is a targeted discount or requires gold or gamepass to be eligible.

Douche4Sale fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Dec 4, 2023

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

kri kri posted:

I wish I got more out of my GP sub, oh well. I usually play the same game or 2 for months.

It depends month to month but the quality is so high these days with all the partners Microsoft has and the million studios they bought. I do love that there is a mix of every type of genres and singleplayer + multiplayer. I tried out Battlefield 2042 thanks to gamepass. I really hope they keep getting more deals with Japanese devs as thats the only games I usually buy since they don't come to Gamepass as often but it seems its starting to change.

Btw anyone played Sniper Elite 5, I have been wanting to give the series a try forever. Been in a kick for FPS/military games so if you have any other game pass recommendation let me know.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://x.com/GoodReddit/status/1731702966254456840

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Hey, this is as good a place to ask as any— I think my roommate is onto my habit of farting directly into his Xbox’s exhaust. Is there a way t

OH SHI

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
It's actually phil

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I am the delicious gas in the op

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Soul Glo posted:

Hey, this is as good a place to ask as any— I think my roommate is onto my habit of farting directly into his Xbox’s exhaust. Is there a way t

OH SHI

NO NO NO I'M SORRY, please continue doing it, I didn't mean to come across like this was a problem.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_x0LVnITTg

Tomorrow an official Firefight mode will be released!

Halo!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I prefer PvE co-op modes in games like this, so Firefight coming back is really nice.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Remnant 2 is really fun once I got with the vibe. I am not a souls game player so was a bit lost but now just dodgerolling around like an old hack.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Busy game month

https://x.com/tomwarren/status/1731722718729449805?s=20

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I'll just read about whatever gets announced on Something Awful dot com

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wrex Ruckus posted:

I'll just read about whatever gets announced on Something Awful dot com

Yeah I kinda lost interest when I saw that the show is going to be three hours long. None of the games being announced are going to be released for another 3 - 4 years anyways.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Life is too short to watch awards shows

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
*standing brave and tall* I will watch The Game Awards.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Only thing I would like to see live is Old Gods of Asgard but I'll just watch that later.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

He's just smelling this year's Game Pass releases.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

elf help book posted:

*standing brave and tall* I will watch The Game Awards.

I never watched one but I would like to watch it this time. Sadly it's in the middle of the night for me, so I'll just watch it the next morning when I work from home.

I hope I won't get spoiled in advance!

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Lammasu posted:

I think the 15 minuets cool down is bullshit. Still giving me points.

:same:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

American McGay posted:

I bet they don't even actually have an Xbox.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

priznat posted:

Remnant 2 is really fun once I got with the vibe. I am not a souls game player so was a bit lost but now just dodgerolling around like an old hack.

It's amazing with buddies, if you can wrangle a fellow GAMER to join you in the adventures. It looks so good too!

Probably been playing Diablo 4

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

This is actually a pretty fun time! Thanks for the heads up.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

It's amazing with buddies, if you can wrangle a fellow GAMER to join you in the adventures. It looks so good too!

Does it do cross play? I think I have friend with it on steam. That would be p fun.

I went with a sniper or hunter whatever with a rifle and I think I hosed up, should have gone with the doggy guy or turret man.

It also does look amazing, really good looking game. Plays super well on an ultrawide!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

priznat posted:

Does it do cross play? I think I have friend with it on steam. That would be p fun.

I went with a sniper or hunter whatever with a rifle and I think I hosed up, should have gone with the doggy guy or turret man.

It also does look amazing, really good looking game. Plays super well on an ultrawide!

It does not, unfortunately :baduk: your buddy would have to be on GameAss too

Might be worth it for a month tbh, good multiplayer action/coop games are so few and far between, I can’t think of any good ones since Remnant 1

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

They are working on cross-play, at least. I don't remember if they've given a certain date yet.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Also hoping that darktide gets crossplay, same pals play that on steam as well but I hate having to buy poo poo if it is on gamepasss

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Over the last 30 minutes, people have been receiving notifications via the Xbox app tonight about Baldur’s Gate 1 + 2 being available soon on Game Pass.

But nothing official yet, could still be a mistake. (Because it has happened a couple of times earlier this year too)

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

nice try phil, but i will never watch anything with geoff keeley in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
It’s gonna be Silksong