Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Good one refs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

trevorreznik posted:

Packers got so lucky on that no call DPI but poo poo, that offense cooked a really good defense

It was a make-up no call for the bad PI called earlier :lol:

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

back to .500 hell yeah

(fire joe barry)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'm so happy

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Ok let’s not get that doomer

Lions best KC too

And they embarrassed the lions now that they have figured their team out, meanwhile we are struggling to beat the bears and the saints while they convincingly beat a much improved chiefs team.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm so happy

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm so happy

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm so happy

:same:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

WoodrowSkillson posted:

And they embarrassed the lions now that they have figured their team out, meanwhile we are struggling to beat the bears and the saints while they convincingly beat a much improved chiefs team.

God, shut up

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm so happy

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Hoping Watson is ok, but hell of a game by both Love and the defense.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
I feel great about the Packers rattling off back to back wins against good teams, but I still feel like this team is absolutely going to drop a game to Tampa Bay or New York or something stupid like they always seem to.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Abugadu posted:

Hoping Watson is ok, but hell of a game by both Love and the defense.

Based on how he was walking around, I reckon he’s fine

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

It's happening. Just hand Love 4 MVPs and size his jacket for Canton. He will go 24-4 against the Bears.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Wollawolla posted:

I feel great about the Packers rattling off back to back wins against good teams, but I still feel like this team is absolutely going to drop a game to Tampa Bay or New York or something stupid like they always seem to.

At this point what difference does it make?

We've seen exactly what we want to see from an incredibly young, incredibly raw roster so far. And this is WITH a plethora of injuries to their starters and veterans.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Oh definitely, that's going to happen.

But 7th seed baby, woo woo!

Also KC should trade for Nixon and make him a WR, that pick was better than any MVS catch.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm Jlovin' It

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
7 seed Packers beating 2 seed lions in the playoffs is gonna suck

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:clint:

https://twitter.com/by_JBH/status/1731533240341803349

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
People may be scared of Jordan Love becoming another one in a long line of great Packers QBs as the team continues to dominate the NFC North for another two decades, but they're failing to consider one thing: I will simply devote every ounce of mental energy I have for the next several weeks to willing that scenario out of existence :)

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Man I picked a great game to go to.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

xbilkis posted:

People may be scared of Jordan Love becoming another one in a long line of great Packers QBs as the team continues to dominate the NFC North for another two decades, but they're failing to consider one thing: I will simply devote every ounce of mental energy I have for the next several weeks to willing that scenario out of existence :)

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

xbilkis posted:

Good luck!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Oh no

https://twitter.com/AndyHermanNFL/status/1731531955894665268

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Met up with some friends at the bar to watch the game, fully expecting the Packers to get humiliated on national television after the sloppy blowjob that Love has received from the national media (and me, let's be clear, I've very happily been involved) since the Lions game, but...

We won?

After leading the whole game?

And Love arguably looked better than he did against Detroit?

I know folks are gonna poo poo on that for the missed DPI, but that has nothing to do with Love's performance and it just would've given the Chiefs a better opportunity to tie the game (which would've still required a two-point conversion, which they previously failed on earlier in the game). So, I don't really give a poo poo about that. I'm just excited about Love continuing his hot streak!

My heart is full with Packers love in a way that it hasn't been for at least 5+ years.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

God DAMMIT!!!

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I'd like to take back anything bad I said about Love.

He really did look bad for a stretch there though!

Lots of improvement. Starting to get on the same Page as everyone else on the offense. It's nice.

Can't believe they got a good qb for the 3rd time in a row. It's wild.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

this is the worst possible timeline. Everything about offense good??

how do you watch pachenko be a one man wrecking crew against your 521059120591512 1st round pick defense and be like hrrm yes joe barry great

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Someone convince David Tepper to hire Joe Barry as the next head coach of the Panthers, please!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Malaria posted:

I'd like to take back anything bad I said about Love.

He really did look bad for a stretch there though!

Lots of improvement. Starting to get on the same Page as everyone else on the offense. It's nice.

Can't believe they got a good qb for the 3rd time in a row. It's wild.

Yeah, I’ll take back a lot of the poo poo I said this season about Love and LaFleur, but I don’t feel bad for it. Usually when teams/QBs get THAT bad, they don’t recover from it.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Yeah, I’ll take back a lot of the poo poo I said this season about Love and LaFleur, but I don’t feel bad for it. Usually when teams/QBs get THAT bad, they don’t recover from it.

Arguably it wasn't Love that was that bad, it was his receivers. Just basically everything -- wrong routes, wrong timing, bobbled passes, dropped passes. Especially in the Steelers game where everyone was ready to bury him.

That said he did not look good in the Lions-Raiders-Broncos-Vikings stretch. Really felt like the league got tape on him and he wasn't able to adjust -- until he was able to adjust. Amazing growth from him and the offense, frankly speaking.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
T Swift rented out the top floor of the Kohler Lodge to drink in sadness with the Chiefs. You hate to see it.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

SKULL.GIF posted:

Arguably it wasn't Love that was that bad, it was his receivers. Just basically everything -- wrong routes, wrong timing, bobbled passes, dropped passes. Especially in the Steelers game where everyone was ready to bury him.

That said he did not look good in the Lions-Raiders-Broncos-Vikings stretch. Really felt like the league got tape on him and he wasn't able to adjust -- until he was able to adjust. Amazing growth from him, frankly speaking.

Yup. And whatever was wrong, whether Love, the receivers, the o-line, etc. the coaches got it fixed. During that stretch of utter hopelessness, it really felt like no one was on the same page and everyone was lost.

I can’t think of another team that went through that bad of a stretch and turned it around without major shake-ups.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I can’t think of another team that went through that bad of a stretch and turned it around without major shake-ups.

Ravens after firing Pees? Does firing Pees count as a "major shakeup"?

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

i do a major shakeup when i get rid of pees every morning

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

SKULL.GIF posted:

Ravens after firing Pees? Does firing Pees count as a "major shakeup"?

Sure, firing a HC, OC, or DC, or getting rid of a QB.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Packers went from farting around and losing to the Falcons, Raiders, Broncos and looking like they didn’t even belong on the same field as the Lions and Vikings to beating the Lions and Chiefs and the only person they got rid of…. was Rasul Douglas? :confused:

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
The receivers were playing too passive, the O-line was injured and bad, and Love still doesn't have much experience. Now it seems like the receivers have a better idea of what to do, they are fighting for the ball, and the line is no longer crumbling. The line is still bad, the run game is terrible (tonight excepted), and everyone on offense is still insanely young.

But we've got green grass and bad teams in front of us and can make the playoffs if we beat teams we should beat. The only "good" team left on the Packers schedule is Minnesota, and they are actually bad.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

... the run game is terrible (tonight excepted), ...

Where did THAT come from!? This was like watching Dillon vs the Titans a few years back. Can he only turn it on in December?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Chiefs were giving up over 4 ypc before tonight, not an entirely unexpected result.