Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

also it would cause the genshin subreddit to spontaneously combust and who doesn't want that

Everything causes the Hoyoverse game subreddit's to self combust every several months though it feels like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FljgTqV8X9w This week it was that this ZZZ beta character was apparently censored, or so they want people to think despite such a claim feeling patently absurd in the wake of that trailer. With Arlecchino you can bet it'll be something or other that's not exactly precise to some weird "heart of a poster" consensus on what is good 5 star character kitting. I feel like we still need to get to proof of concept of Cloud Retainer being a playable character in 4.X before I'm willing to even consider Arlecchino at length though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Endorph posted:

if you want arlecchino to be an off fielder youre a sick person

:emptyquote:

Fontaine is the land of hypercarries. Embrace it and let everyone be a star.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

what if you don’t care about arlecchino at all

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

As long as you don't want her to be an off fielder you're fine. Just not a lesbian, probably.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

We already have two onfield Harbingers, do we really need a third one? /s

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Nakar posted:

If Clorinde, the most accomplished Champion Duelist, the person who fights 1v1 battles to the death professionally, the Fontaine character that battle-maniac Childe wanted to fight most, is not an on-field DPS then I don't even know what the gently caress they're smoking over there.

After they made Dehya a terrible off-fielder, all bets are off. Clorinde will be a healer + dedicated buff support for Klee.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

UHD posted:

what if you don’t care about arlecchino at all

Chiming in that you don't care is equally annoying

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Chlorinde should a buff that scales up if spots on the team are empty.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Vargs posted:

After they made Dehya a terrible off-fielder, all bets are off. Clorinde will be a healer + dedicated buff support for Klee.

Its funny too cause her trailer is basically her beating the poo poo out of some Eremites hand to hand. Everything about her character still says gritty badass chick except her non-burst kit.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Maxwell Adams posted:

:hellyeah:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
There was some early rumor mill stuff about Clorinde affecting EC reactions, which would make her interesting, but I don't expect that to pan out unfortunately.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I regret doing the Fremi-vent.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
They should release a cryo Xiangling. A support that wouldn't even be useful because what are you gonna do with an off-field cryo DPS? Reverse melt is the only thing that would make any sense. Melt you might as well use Layla because the pyro damage is all that matters. No one uses superconduct. Even if you do you wouldn't want a cryo DPS build for superconduct because you'd be running either EM or phys DPS. Freeze relies entirely on 4-piece Blizzard Strayer so you really want a main DPS who can over-saturate with cryo application. Even if cryo XL existed you'd still want a main cryo DPS for permafreeze teams.

In short: cryo Xiangling would not break the game.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Uh... Kaeya?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

yeah that just sounds like kaeya

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Maxwell Adams posted:

That would be very funny. I wonder how big the number would have to be for it to be worth it?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I hope Cloud Retainer has enough swirl to compete with Kazuha/Venti/Sucrose because I don't have any of them

That being said, I'm up to 80 rolls again on the character banner with a guarantee and no Kuki so I'm super worried that I'm not going to have enough primos for both Raiden AND Cloud Retainer. CR is more of a want but feels like I need a Raiden because I've not got anything else good enough for Hyperbloom

Anyway; the new 4.3 event has potentially been leaked and It's an FPS-style sniper minigame with a new HUD

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Tampa Bae posted:

Anyway; the new 4.3 event has potentially been leaked and It's an FPS-style sniper minigame with a new HUD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLPGETtWbgg

Finally

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Tampa Bae posted:

I hope Cloud Retainer has enough swirl to compete with Kazuha/Venti/Sucrose because I don't have any of them

Bad news, friendo

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Note Block posted:

Bad news, friendo
:negative:

Mihoyo, I'm begging you to introduce easy to get 4* meta characters. We've been relying on Xiangling/XQ/Bennett/Sucrose/Fischl since literally 1.0 and the only new character added to that rotation was Kuki in Inazuma

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Yaoyao came after kuki and was literally free on her debut

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I don't think there's been any significant Cloud Retainer leak? But also not sure what you mean by having enough swirl, that's not really the big deal with any of those three characters.

If she is going to be a healer focused towards the new healing set and/or Fanfare stacking then you do kind of have to assume that's taking some of her power budget, but there are some other stupid things out there like being a plunge support and whatnot. :shrug:

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Tampa Bae posted:

:negative:

Mihoyo, I'm begging you to introduce easy to get 4* meta characters. We've been relying on Xiangling/XQ/Bennett/Sucrose/Fischl since literally 1.0 and the only new character added to that rotation was Kuki in Inazuma

In more positive news, Chevy apparently looks on paper to be a HYPER GOOD 4* for certain units and comps.

haypliss posted:

I don't think there's been any significant Cloud Retainer leak? But also not sure what you mean by having enough swirl, that's not really the big deal with any of those three characters.

If she is going to be a healer focused towards the new healing set and/or Fanfare stacking then you do kind of have to assume that's taking some of her power budget, but there are some other stupid things out there like being a plunge support and whatnot. :shrug:

The current leaks suggest she serves as buffer for plunge-enthusiasts (xiao, dragonstrike diluc, ...kazuha)

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Tae posted:

Yaoyao came after kuki and was literally free on her debut
Yaoyao is strong but she's not a must-have like the others are and if you're building any kind of hyperbloom team most people would recommend Dendro MC or Collei first anyway

haypliss posted:

Sorry, I meant enough to make her useful to teams outside of being a healer. I hope she does things differently than Jean does, she's already found herself en vogue because of Furina and it'd be a let down to have two anemo healers do basically the same thing. Sayu stands on her own because of her dash and being a claymore user

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Dec 4, 2023

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Fontaine is giving me high school theatre program flashbacks.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Note Block posted:

In more positive news, Chevy apparently looks on paper to be a HYPER GOOD 4* for certain units and comps.
Better than Kazuha? It seems like any team you'd want her for would run Bennett anyway, so her healing doesn't give you any role consolidation.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Note Block posted:

The current leaks suggest she serves as buffer for plunge-enthusiasts (xiao, dragonstrike diluc, ...kazuha)

After the Yunjin debacle and Faruzan now existing, I just don't believe in anemo plunge support.

Tampa Bae posted:

Sorry, I meant enough to make her useful to teams outside of being a healer. I hope she does things differently than Jean does, she's already found herself en vogue because of Furina and it'd be a let down to have two anemo healers do basically the same thing. Sayu stands on her own because of her dash and being a claymore user

Too early to say then, yeah. But we're closing in on 4.3 beta so there will finally be actually decent leaks. I think CR has plenty of room if she just has additional support in her kit aside from good Fanfare healing. The rumor of her having some flight ability I wouldn't be surprised by either. Jean is kinda barebones as a good battery with strong Fanfare healing, so it feels like there's more they can do on that space, especially for a limited character.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Fontaine is giving me high school theatre program flashbacks.

Yeah, it's great.

Yes, I was in a high school theatre program, why do you ask?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

FractalSandwich posted:

Better than Kazuha? It seems like any team you'd want her for would run Bennett anyway, so her healing doesn't give you any role consolidation.

About as good apparently, due to the fact that she can shred pyro res off-field. The theorycrafters are kinda going nuts about her.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I hope the Pyro Archon is a goth butch lady

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Nakar posted:

Uh... Kaeya?

UHD posted:

yeah that just sounds like kaeya
Calling Kaeya cryo support is like calling Barbara hydro support.

I mean yeah technically but they're no Xiangling :shepface:

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Sanctum posted:

Calling Kaeya cryo support is like calling Barbara hydro support.

I mean yeah technically but they're no Xiangling :shepface:
Xiangling is so far and away one of the best characters in the game that it's not a fair comparison. For what Cryo does Keya, Charlette and Diona are good enough

rio
Mar 20, 2008

If CR is just a niche plunge support I’m going to be so disappointed. I’ve been looking forward to her ever since the first crumbs of info came out and I am so tired of niche supports. Having the same 1.0 characters be the best or one of the top choices for so many things is boring - yes it’s nice to have all of them c6 and built already but the game needs variety.

I guess for newer players it isn’t like that but still. Kuki isn’t exactly new and I only just got one dupe giving me c1 after all this time. I just really like flexible characters that make a bunch of different team comp options - like I think Furina did a good job of this while also giving life to some older units. If they start going back on that and putting out supports that feel like they are meant for one exact thing it’s not going to feel great. I know I’m setting myself up for disappointment though since I’m sure it’s easier to make a niche support instead of a more universal support, and especially easy to figure out what constellations they should have by stripping their kit down so much that they need c6 (cough cough Sara) to be more worth it than a 1.0 support.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

I think Fontaine has done a good enough job at introducing new characters. Neuvillette is a one man hyper carry, Furina fills the roll of Bennett with Hydro but as a 5* so provides so much more damage. Frenimet is a decently strong Cryo carry, Lynette has scuffed Yelan dash combined with a taunt, and Charolette has on-demand cryo combined with being a healer. idk where Lynne fits in here, just an alternative to Yoimiya

Feel like that lineup beats all of Sumeru outside of Nahida

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I think that's pretty generous to the Fontaine 4* characters, and ignoring that Sumeru had Alhaitham/Wanderer/Tighnari. Nilou is kind of a badly designed character but also worth a mention. Despite their issues, I like Layla and Faruzan a lot as well.

We're not even halfway through 4.x so crowning anything feels premature anyway.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah, it's great.

Yes, I was in a high school theatre program, why do you ask?

I swear I knew at least three girls exactly like Furina. Except without fancy hydro archon powers.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I swear I knew at least three girls exactly like Furina. Except without fancy hydro archon powers.

which Furina ?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Man don't post questions I have to spoil myself to answer.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Wow mihoyo CS can be incredible. I had a bug with the chest in the puddle next to mamere's house for three months and they fixed it two hours after I submitted a feedback request. Insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Man don't post questions I have to spoil myself to answer.

It's true, I'm being unreasonable