Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The Demon Prince may be the first try boss I'm most proud of by far, absolutely insane from start to finish but with big, clear openings , thank God I love the black iron set and its best in game fire resist so much I was wearing it going in lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
picked up steel division 2 on the steam sale

its pretty neat, kind of feels like a cross between coh and total war is the closest thing i can think of. especially dope are dug-in defending battles where you get to lay out a shitload of barbed wire and have trenches and mg/at bunkers set up

way too many units tho it's hard to tell what does what

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Got a sneaking suspicion that this Lapp fellow isn't going to like what he finds out

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Chamale posted:

The new BG3 patch takes so much space to download, I think I'll just uninstall the game and try Red Dead Redemption 2.

I kinda wanna play through it again. Love the world and story even though Dutch is annoying

Need to see ALL the side content

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

FirstnameLastname posted:

picked up steel division 2 on the steam sale

its pretty neat, kind of feels like a cross between coh and total war is the closest thing i can think of. especially dope are dug-in defending battles where you get to lay out a shitload of barbed wire and have trenches and mg/at bunkers set up

way too many units tho it's hard to tell what does what

It's pretty good yeah. The AI at higher difficulty levels can be pretty tricky.

Units are a bit easier to understand if you filter by type and nationality. How you build an army is up to you. It's generally recommended to experiment and tinker until you're happy.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

If steel division had more than like three maps it would be the sickest poo poo ever. Boats sailed on that though, now WARNO is my friend

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Fuligin posted:

If steel division had more than like three maps it would be the sickest poo poo ever. Boats sailed on that though, now WARNO is my friend

How's warno for AI?

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Communist Bear posted:

How's warno for AI?

somewhere on my hd ive got a screenie saved of 4 bmps butting heads like the hungry hungry hippos cause their pathfinding interpreted my group move as 'bunch up on the same pixel'

That was several patches ago tho. In general ive noticed the skirmish AI is much better than the scripting on 'Operations' (ie 'historical battles'). Youve got to bump it up to at least Hard though, before that it literally doesnt have object permanence wrt units

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Jesus Christ, decided to finally try Cyberpunk 2077 because people said it was fixed now. I went to rebind WSAD to ESDF, and when I tried to bind the S I got a KEYBIND FAILURE message. I have actually never had this happen in a game before and apparently you have to go mess with the config file to bind stuff right. So far the game feels like someone made a Deus Ex game but edgey with an Elon Musk Cybertruck filter over the aesthetics.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

Jesus Christ, decided to finally try Cyberpunk 2077 because people said it was fixed now. I went to rebind WSAD to ESDF, and when I tried to bind the S I got a KEYBIND FAILURE message. I have actually never had this happen in a game before and apparently you have to go mess with the config file to bind stuff right. So far the game feels like someone made a Deus Ex game but edgey with an Elon Musk Cybertruck filter over the aesthetics.
That's the true cyberpunk hacker experience.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

It isn't fixed at all. Goons are very dumb

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

wild how much worse the general standard of writing is in 2077 compared to witcher 3. wonder what the story is there

LIterallyABikeshop
Nov 13, 2023

the game is extremely carbrained

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Fuligin posted:

wild how much worse the general standard of writing is in 2077 compared to witcher 3. wonder what the story is there
assuming the same writing team, i'd expect it's a lot easier to adapt an existing narrative into a new one with the same characters, than it is to essentially start from scratch withing an existing setting. like, there's a reason people do fan fiction, and it's not solely because they want to write about the characters smooching. even if witcher 3 is a case of fan fiction with characters smooching.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

A Buttery Pastry posted:

assuming the same writing team, i'd expect it's a lot easier to adapt an existing narrative into a new one with the same characters, than it is to essentially start from scratch withing an existing setting. like, there's a reason people do fan fiction, and it's not solely because they want to write about the characters smooching. even if witcher 3 is a case of fan fiction with characters smooching.

Yeah fair. Big tonal shift from dreary medieval-fantasy to manic cyberpunk capitalist satire as well

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
No cyberpunk game will usurp Deus Ex.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Big cyberpunk update drops tomorrow, looking forward to it

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

They also didn't have a plot even close to settled by the time they started development, so it was clear they were patchworking what V could be together as the game was going on and I don't think it really worked out for them.

I think once they got Keanu and changed the starting system from a pick your own mentor sorta thing to a "you all get your favorite, Johnny" they should have not bothered with the origin splits or whatever because they are ultimately really shallow. Just make it one V, and give us a lot more time with Jackie at the start for some more pathos.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Fuligin posted:

Yeah fair. Big tonal shift from dreary medieval-fantasy to manic cyberpunk capitalist satire as well
Oh yeah, I deleted that bit from my post and forgot to put it back in, but it definitely also seems like a big factor. Hell, I'd argue that any kind of relatively standard fantasy might be easier to do, just because you can draw from history in your language and attitudes, and people are more likely to find any weirdness just funny or charming, where future stuff easily ends up like some middle aged dude trying to sound cool, but not in a funny way.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
cyberpunk is Good sorry to the haters

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
The new movement and shooting in Fortnite feels really good

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

MonsieurChoc posted:

Hit another of those moments where I just keep jumping from one game to the next.

It will pass but it is annoying.

gaming ennui :smith:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Fuligin posted:

hosed up development, simple as that. The storyline in the dlc is so much better, and better told, than the rest of the game. I didn't want to leave dogtown :(

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
two big raids this morning before work. took care of an annoying equipment placement quest on the first and then washed a 3-man while i was just trying to get a runthrough for a daily. picked up a new mutant and some sick armor. feeling powerful today

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Sandrock really dips into Full-Life Consequences every now and then. A rich businessman offers to resettle everyone from the dying town that's reliant on water imports to survive, to a green and pleasant land. Except the nice place is the disputed borderland with a rival country, and they're paying for settlers to boost their claim on the area

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
saw a raider walking around though the cracks in the floorboard so i stabbed them through the floor with a pool cue. fallout 4 vr sneaking in with a late goty entry

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Buttghazi ain't going away https://twitter.com/HEITAIs/status/1731677996128276797

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

cyberpunk is Good sorry to the haters

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

The Chad Jihad posted:

Sandrock really dips into Full-Life Consequences every now and then. A rich businessman offers to resettle everyone from the dying town that's reliant on water imports to survive, to a green and pleasant land. Except the nice place is the disputed borderland with a rival country, and they're paying for settlers to boost their claim on the area

are you a bad enough dude to resist settler-colonialism

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I wanna make the new geomancer archetype work in the new Pathfinder dlc but Pathfinder build-making is such a convoluted affair...

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

I wanna make the new geomancer archetype work in the new Pathfinder dlc but Pathfinder build-making is such a convoluted affair...

it feels like it's a game where you could make a schema for your char progression and then that becomes your autolevel up

LIterallyABikeshop
Nov 13, 2023
the characters in cyberpunk are soft as gently caress... getting into the world's most powerful cyber cars to drive one block. Sorry it's mandatory you're not allowed to walk to your destination

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

LIterallyABikeshop posted:

the characters in cyberpunk are soft as gently caress... getting into the world's most powerful cyber cars to drive one block. Sorry it's mandatory you're not allowed to walk to your destination
a true evolution of the america simulator genre

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
take it to the hate cars thread

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

cars are cool, but i only ever drove Kaneda's bike once i got it. Man Cyberpunk was fun wish it was 3rd person tho.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

chromed up and ready to jack into my car to drive approximately 3 blocks. on the way I hit fourteen civilians and the car burst a fuel cell. it is a smoldering wreck outside my new gig where I must stealthily invade the home of a rich pervert for ???

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Jon Irenicus posted:

chromed up and ready to jack into my car to drive approximately 3 blocks. on the way I hit fourteen civilians and the car burst a fuel cell. it is a smoldering wreck outside my new gig where I must stealthily invade the home of a rich pervert for ???

why do you need a game reason to want to murder a rich pervert?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
lol if you don't systematically go around putting a final bullet in the head of wounded corpos

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
most bloodlust-free forum on the web

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

when I am done (stealthily) gunning down approx. 25 private security commandos I beep boop a computer where magic happens. after being paid i go back to my apartment and sleep for 24 hours straight in the hope that my girlfriend will text me