Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
The perfect shower shoes for waffle stomping.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

withak posted:

The only setting on my soldering iron is plugged and unplugged.
Yeah those suck HTH. Those chinese smart irons get you 90% of the performance of a JCB for essentially no money.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Talorat posted:

I'm sorry what. Why does your soldering iron have an operating system? Why are people flashing custom operating systems to soldering irons? Doesn't a soldering iron have one setting: Temperature?

The Miniware ones have temperature profiles, temp boosts on button press, settings like idle time, motion detection for heating up after you pick them up, and the like. They work fine out of the box, but some people want more options or control since it has the space and power for it, I guess.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

You can also store your bitcoins in your soldering iron.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
For the first time in years I have an office at work. Ali have any entertaining or useful things to offer for that?

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Do you want work safe or :nws: ?

Airconswitch
Aug 23, 2010

Boston is truly where it all began. Join me in continuing this bold endeavor, so that future generations can say 'this is where the promise was fulfilled.'
Search "tensegrity" and pick your favorite

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

Do you want work safe or :nws: ?

Work safe is fine since I already get enough weird suggestions after searching for silicone rings.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
I got a grip strength trainer, so whenever I'm squeezing the thing and someone comes by my office to chat, they look at me, then look at my hands, then say that it can wait and leave, it owns

I also have RBF

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

KDdidit posted:

For the first time in years I have an office at work. Ali have any entertaining or useful things to offer for that?

Appropriate to the discussion, my cube is packed with soldering hardware...

Edit: Went to ali to get another joke response and was reminded that there is always something more absurd.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 1, 2023

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

A child with a drinking problem is funny to you?

LIterallyABikeshop
Nov 13, 2023
not sure if this belongs in the i hate cars thread or right here

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

LIterallyABikeshop posted:

...and the link.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It belongs everywhere.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

What in the gently caress?

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

Darchangel posted:

What in the gently caress?

It's the only a legit apology if it's on a shirt

LIterallyABikeshop
Nov 13, 2023
these new court-ordered custom tshirt wearing sentences are wild

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

so what stocking stuffers are we ordering this year folks

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

thank you the aliexpress algorithm for my new ride

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I didn't get them from Ali, but a set of these for my cousin and their partner:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002701129616.html

Goth spikes, so they can have the spikiest clothing. We decorated the box with disney stickers.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 2, 2023

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq1iqwGQblo

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

A "bumper car" with no decription of what happens when it bumps into things.

"It is very suitable for parks, streets, parks or any other places that need to be repaired." Maybe they need repairing after using the bumper car. I'm sure the bumper car would too, after collision with an actual car.

According to one of the two reviews, "It's a little hard to control."

Just perfect for small children!

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

Bondematt posted:

I was gonna make a joke about it running doom, but somebody did it to a TS80 so almost certainly a yes on the Pinecil

Ah yes, the Carmack complete TS80.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Would NASCAR be too on the nose?

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

So I decided to try Ali Express since I had a good experience with Temu and after a few small purchases it just won't accept my card anymore. Did I break some unwritten rule when I bought a single small item for a dollar?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Punkinhead posted:

So I decided to try Ali Express since I had a good experience with Temu and after a few small purchases it just won't accept my card anymore. Did I break some unwritten rule when I bought a single small item for a dollar?
Are you sure it's not your bank blocking the charges?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Aligood bankbad

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

mystes posted:

Are you sure it's not your bank blocking the charges?

I dunno, but I just tried again and it worked. I've been trying for days so of course it only works after I post about it lol

Shipping even says it'll get here before Christmas, Aligood indeed! :toot:

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I never got aliexpress to accept my card, I have to pay for all my garbage through paypal. :(

It's probably a good thing since the 2fa authentication and extra steps give me a little more time to change my mind

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

r u ready to WALK posted:

I never got aliexpress to accept my card, I have to pay for all my garbage through paypal. :(

It's probably a good thing since the 2fa authentication and extra steps give me a little more time to change my mind

This is half the reason I don't save my debit card info anywhere. Adding extra steps that I know will give my lazy rear end pause and avoid impulse purchases.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

All my poo poo is being delayed by the ongoing situation here which of course makes me the actual victim here!

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Has anyone tried led grow lights from AliExpress? I want to start my seedlings indoors and out of season so they're ready to go into the ground as soon as the right season hits.

I figure 95% of what's on ali is probably the wrong colour to actually make my plants grow.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
e: This has nothing to do with the post above ^^^

I found them. I had to pretend to be american in my settings to get some hits.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804709593541.html

Three sets ordered so I will have five sets total then. Still need bulbs for these ones too.

e2: No poo poo it's C7s, don't care for those. Real loving hard finding real C9s on aliexpress. Good thing it's easy to cancel.

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Dec 4, 2023

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

yoloer420 posted:

Has anyone tried led grow lights from AliExpress? I want to start my seedlings indoors and out of season so they're ready to go into the ground as soon as the right season hits.

I figure 95% of what's on ali is probably the wrong colour to actually make my plants grow.

I did buy one years ago to help my potted office plant after my desk was moved to a windowless corner. It seemed to work fine? The only problem I had was explaining to IT why I had been searching for "pot plant grow light" on the company network. Unfortunately, it looks like Ali only keeps order records going back 2 years so I couldn't tell you what kind it was. I left it in the office when Covid hit.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

r u ready to WALK posted:

Mine never would accept it either. PayPal doesn’t slow me down much either though now, oops.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

wheatpuppy posted:

Unfortunately, it looks like Ali only keeps order records going back 2 years
This shouldn't be the case. I just used the app to pull up my very first order from November 2017. Searching your orders should find it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

Mine never would accept it either. PayPal doesn’t slow me down much either though now, oops.

Yup same I just use PayPal now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

yoloer420 posted:

What colour are you expecting to need?
Most plants need some combination of red and blue. That's why you see those pink grow lights, it's that combination. White light does the same thing, because plants don't absorb the green, they bounce it back. That's why they appear green.

Different ratios of blue and red do different things to different plants - Making them taller, or more leggy, or that kind of thing, but there isn't like, some sort of database out there telling you exactly what mixtures.

Punkinhead posted:

Shipping even says it'll get here before Christmas, Aligood indeed! :toot:

lmao