Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
We are going to start off the next week with only three supplies. The Banker will be visiting us automatically as our supplies are so low to give us an opportunity to take a loan.

The only other option we have is to withhold paying the troops. We can get a boost of 28 supplies by taking a loss of 23 troops. We're currently gaining 10 troops a week with the Training Ground, which means that we can make up for this loss within three weeks.

I'm going to take a vote before I start the next update. Take a loan or withhold payment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Whats one little loan more compared to the security of the crown?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I'm not seeing those troops doing any fighting, are you?

Withhold pay

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
So if we're not feeding the army, and then all of a sudden we lose 23 troops... what happened to those soliders? :ohdear:

Anyway, back in week 15, the Radovians said they would be attacking in 14 weeks. We have plenty of time to replenish our numbers. Withhold the supplies for now.

Bregor fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Dec 4, 2023

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

Bregor posted:

So if we're not feeding the army, and then all of a sudden we lose 23 troops... what happened to those soliders? :ohdear:

Anyway, back in week 15, the Radovians said they would be attacking in 14 weeks. We have plenty of time to replenish our numbers. [b]Withhold the supplies[b] for now.

Let's just say that they return home to their families for a nice meal before returning the week afterwards.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Bregor posted:

Hannibal to cannibal pipeline.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

2 votes for withholding pay, 1 vote for a loan, 1 vote for turning troops into food and 1 vote for selling Cedani to the circus.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Another vote to withhold food payment.

Also voting that we ought to help Cedani find a new pet.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I vote for the loan.

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl

jkq posted:

Also voting that we ought to help Cedani find a new pet.

Isn't that getting a bit depressing by this point?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I don't want to spoil anything but we're not done with the pets just yet. We've had Prince Stabber and a Magical Lie-Detecting Cock who got killed in tragic, and rather comical, circumstances. Who knows what creature of whimsy will fall onto our laps next?

3 Votes for withholding pay and 2 for a loan. I'll keep the voting going for a couple more days and I'll aim to have an update up over the weekend.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Withhold pay. Cannibals are easier to deal with than creditors.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
We can withhold.

Some of our troops aren't cut out for the army, so we're sending them home. However, they still want to help with the war effort and have agreed to give us some supplies. How kind of them!

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Who knows what creature of whimsy will fall onto our laps next?

I'm going to guess it's a baby bear from a forest.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Take the loan because we may, shockingly, find a need for an army after the event we're planning for.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I'm going to close the votes now.

Loan - 3
Withhold Pay - 5

Withholding pay is only a temporary solution, if we can't find a way to remedy this situation then we will have to go down the loan route.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I'm currently putting some work into the next update. Even though we've taken a small hit, securing an alliance with Grego has raised the numbers up to 1024 1001.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Dec 7, 2023

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (40) Spindleshanks!

Your Grace. Together with the boys I have helped the village that had the flood. We gathered some wood from the forests... We have prepared sandbags... No flood should surprise them any time soon!

Thank you for your service.

Your Grace.

I took down the Stork painting, just like you asked.

Ohhh, that is amazing! Thank you very much! It'll look wonderful with the rest of my collection, haha.

So, is our deal done? Is that all?

Of course. Did you not think I'd keep my word? You can count on my army to stand by you in the battle. I'm sure you'll win anyway. If you have any other paintings, I will gladly buy them!

I'll see what else I can find. I think that is all. Thank you for visiting.

Goodbye, Your Grace.

Your Grace, it is nice to see you again. I bring you some news. I heard you were selling some paintings to Lord Vesemary. He was bragging about doing some deal with you.

Yes, he visited me.

I'm not sure what your stance on this is... But I just wanted to let you know. Lord Vesemary is no art collector. He's an artist... and an egomaniac. He buys these beautiful artworks and burns them. It is a great shame, because they are valuable. And these artists definitely deserve recognition. But he believes only his artwork is 'true' art. I suppose just bear in mind that if you give him a painting, it'll be burned.

Of course. Thank you for letting me know. I must talk to him about it.

Your Grace, it is I! Torlando the Wonderful! Is your General ready to come with me?

I will give you an answer momentarily, let me speak to my advisor to see if our General will be available to you. You can wait in the lobby as this won't take long.

Is that another pet of yours you've got there, Pumpkin? What is it this time? A lizard would be interesting!

Hmm... Too difficult to take care of! But this... It's just some silly toy. Recruiting agents is far more difficult than you would imagine!

Why the agents? What're you planning to use them for, Pumpkin?

It's to save Lorsulia and Dusty from the evil prince! When my agents are ready, we will take Lorsulia back home! My agents will be best friends with Dusty! Maybe I will let you use them one day too! If you're good!

Pumpkin, Ivo is not evil. Besides he's no prince, he's a King now. Atana is really far away, too...

Well, those seem like good points, but... You do your job, I do mine.

Let's see that toy. It's quite unusual, isn't it? Doesn't look like it came from our country... Where did you get it from?

Maya gave it to me! It brings luck, she says!

I see... Go on for now Cedani. See if you can find more agents...

Yes Father... Your Grace.

I need to see that friend of Asalia...

Your Grace, normally I wouldn't bother you, but I have no other choice. I'm a merchant, delivering goods from one place to the other. I sell trinkets of all sorts.

What ware do you have?

Um... Paintings, vintage scrolls, historical relics. I even once had the wooden leg of Vlode the Spindleshanks! Yeah! It went for a crazy two hundred pieces of gold! But... none of that matters now, as I was robbed on the way back to my home town, Pravesk.

And if I am not mistaken, now you need funds to carry on with your journey?

Correct! You really know your stuff, Your Grace. I would need 23 gold to get back on my feet. I am a business man, so I know how to invest this money. I will make a profit in no time! I will repay you as soon as I can. With interest, of course.

I will speak to my advisor and we will let you know our decision shortly. Please wait in the lobby until I have an answer for you.

Yes, Father?

Explain this, Asalia.

It's ... a toy?

Yes. Cedani got this toy from Maya. I've seen this toy before... Maya... You are not from Berravia, are you?

My family, we travel a lot...

I was passing by, but I heard all the racket here. Is everything all right, darling?

Look at this toy, Aurelea.

I recognise this...

Of course you do, we saw one just like it when we were robbed by Beyran thirteen years ago! Where did you get this toy from, Maya?

I-I... My parents travel a lot. We are travelling merchants, they must have... bought it somewhere?

Your accent, this toy, staying in Davern for a while... You're from Radovia! Tell me you didn't know about this, Asalia!

Father! Please, no! Don't do anything to her! It's all my fault! I asked her to visit us!

We're preparing for battle. We're planning to repel an attack... But Radovians are already in my castle! I... I...

Look what you did to your father! Eryk!

Oh, you're up... Eryk, that's twice now.

Ahh... Asalia's friend is a Radovian... We're preparing for war against them, and yet, they're already here...

Yes... I had a chat with them already. Asalia won't be seeing her friend anymore. I decided not to kill her, but I banished her from the castle.

She's just a girl.

Perhaps, but what kind of message does it send? OUR daughter playing with the enemy in OUR castle? You didn't consider letting her stay, did you?

As I said, Maya is just a girl. Perhaps she's not even aware of the war.

What if she's a spy? How else would they know Lorsulia married Ivo?

Ahh, it doesn't matter anymore, does it? She's gone. Hmm?

You collapsing? The two of us not being able to conceive an heir? "Break your promise and you shall be punished...". "...Your kingdom will be fertile, but you won't see a successor amongst your offspring." Isn't that how it went?

When I promised my firstborn daughter to Beyran, I didn't do it because I was afraid of the witch. I did it to protect us. At the time I thought Beyran was a fool for agreeing to this. Surely a bandit wouldn't be able to travel such a distance, enter the throne room and dare to ask a King for his daughter.

And yet here we are. I'm telling you, it's the witch. How else could he become a King? How else could they threaten war? How else that you couldn't have a son?

You might be right...

I will look into the curse, darling. I will see if we can do it right away! At least I can help take some of the burden from your shoulders.

Thank you. I feel better now. It's time to get up. I guess I'd better see Asalia...

About Maya...

I'm sorry Father, I didn't want to hurt you.

I know. I'm fine, just not that young any more. Doctors say tense situations can have this kind of effect.

I didn't want to upset you, Father. But why the war, Father? Isn't life difficult enough as it is? Why make things harder for one another? I know that Maya is from Radovia. When she told me, my heart froze up. I knew it meant trouble. But I got to know her. They're not bad. They're just like us. Not "barbarians", as Mother likes to call them.

They attacked our villages.

Of course there are bandits, thieves. It doesn't mean they are all like this. You're a King, Father. Tell me, did you never have to punish a thief or a bandit who was from Davern?

Well...

Just because one person did bad things, does it mean we're all bad? I just don't understand why we have to fight...

They threaten us. They want to take over our castle.

What if you just got it all wrong?

We can't risk it, Asalia. It's all very complicated.

That's... a great shame, Father... But who knows, maybe one day...

Maybe one day...

Council Meeting

Hello all of you lovely people, and to you as well Slaan. The King collapsed again today, he is doing fine but I've posted a couple of extra servants to remain nearby in case it happens a third time. If any of you see Maya on the castle grounds then you should report her to the nearest guard as we have just discovered that she is a Radovian. She was always a polite guest and a good friend to Asalia while she was here, but we are at war with her people who are planning to invade and attack our castle in a matter of weeks. It may be best to keep any Radovians away from the King for as long as possible.

I have some good and bad news regarding our current army, I'll start with the bad news. We had to let some of our soldiers return to their homes as we did not have enough food to feed them. On the up side we did manage to stockpile some more supplies which means we can rebuild for a couple of weeks before we need to resort to doing this again. We can't keep doing this forever, we need to find a way to bring in more supplies on a weekly basis. The good news is that Grego has accepted the painting and has pledged his army and allegiance to our cause. We currently have 1001 soldiers ready and waiting for battle.

There is also some bad news to relay regarding Grego's deal. Lady Ada heard about the deal that we made with Grego and took it upon herself to visit the King today. She warned us that Grego isn't buying up various pieces of art across the land to collect them, but rather to burn them. It seems like his ego for his own art is so vast he does not like the idea that other people are displaying art from other people. There's not a whole lot that we can do about the painting of "The Stork". Grego has asked the King to contact him if we would like to sell any other pieces of art. There are two other pieces of art that Grego would be interested in and we could convince the King to sell these if our situation became desparate, or just for a laugh... Scratch that last part from the records please.

"The Grey Mountains" - Bed Chamber

"The Tapestry" handmade by Queen Aurelea - Council Chamber

There were only a couple of requests in the courtroom today. Torlando returned and asked to borrow the General again for a couple of weeks. We can spare him this week but who knows what will crop up the next? Should we allow Torlando to borrow Stan or should we tell him to shove his quill up his... parchment?

The other visit was from a merchant who had just been robbed. He is asking for some gold with a promise to return it with interest at some point in the future. Should we risk it and give him 23 gold or should we tell him that we aren't interested?

Map

If you decide that Stan's time is better suited elsewhere then we still have plenty of villages to visit.

Davern (North)

Davern (South)

Allies

Who shall we invite to court next week?

Lena - We can discuss the deal that she has offered and ask her about some of the clues that we have uncovered in the investigation.

Etton - We can speak to him about his business with Oracle Dust and the investigation.

Noaksey, Via Lyt - We can speak to them about the investigation.

Grego - We can confront him about Lady Ada's claims and we can also sell him some more paintings if we want too.

That is it for now. Have a think about what we have discussed while we break for some lunch. See all of you again shortly!

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Tell Torlando to sod off

Tell the merchant to sod off

Tell Grego to sod off Don't sell anything else to Grego, we have what we need from him (and he needs to find a new hobby, or a wife, or something, sheesh)

Invite Lena and see if we can make some progress there

Send Stan to... :rolldice: Tylka

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Advisor posted:

Hello all of you lovely people, and to you as well Slaan.

Ah, it's good to be recognized for my superiority to these merchants and peasants also on this advisory council. You are invited to my spring solstice party next year as a reward for your personal growth. :smug:

Hmm, have The General accompany the Poet so that we can have a resolution to that beautiful poem.

Give the parasite some gold. The more trade coming through the better the winter selection!

Invite Grego back to confront him. Artwork must stay safely in the private vaults of the nobility away from the prying eyes and grubby hands of the peasantry. That includes the fireplaces of new money like him!

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Allow Torlando to borrow Stan. Best case, he comes up with something good. Next best case, he comes up with something so bad, it ends up being entertaining anyways.

Tell the merchant that we're not interested, it sounds like he might be a con man anyways. "The wooden leg of Vlode the Spindleshanks", indeed.

Invite Etton, we ought to tie up this loose end.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I like how they just stand there, lmao. I also imagine the great THUD of Eryk hitting the tile.

So that's Maya. She could be my friend, if she weren't my enemy. Poor Asalia must be heartbroken...

But Torlando the Wonderful has returned! Huzzah! Send General Stan off with Torlando as he has no other pressing issues this week.

If we receive gold and allegiance for a painting, what do we care what the new owner does with it? If we survive the Radovian invasion, then we can commission a hundred paintings of a stork! Say nothing to Grego for now. As for other works of art, we absolutely need to keep the tapestry made by our own Queen, but sell "The Grey Mountains" to Grego.

I've never seen this merchant before, nor have I heard of Vlode the Spindleshanks. And he asks for so much! Tell the merchant they will receive nothing from the crown, our gold and resources are needed elsewhere.

Lastly, invite Etton and ask about the deliciously tantalizing scourge that is Oracle Dust, as well as the investigation.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

loan him stan, the man might be a doofus, but a doofus singing our praises publicly could do us some good.

This other man reeks of swindler. Has anyone warned us about a man of his description? If so, lock him up. Otherwise pay the man, he could be a Nigerian prince!

Invite Etton over for a little chat about his involvement in poisoning our minions with his drugs :toughguy:

As loathe as I would be to sell to Grego, can he pay in supplies? We may have to take his offer up to stay the course.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I'm closing the voting now as it's been a few days since the last vote was cast. I was aiming to have an update up soon but I've picked up a bug from my daughter and I'm just wanting to relax today and not do anything strenuous. Not that this LP is strenuous but you know what I mean. I'm going to attempt to have an update ready within the next few days. The end of week summary doesn't usually take too long.

Torlando\Stan
Yes - 4
No - 1
Tylka - 1

Merchant
Yes - 2
No - 3

Invite
Etton - 3
Grego - 1
Lena - 1

FoolyCharged posted:

As loathe as I would be to sell to Grego, can he pay in supplies? We may have to take his offer up to stay the course.

I did a test with one of the painting and he straight up gave us gold with not even a hint of haggling over the price.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (41) Week Twenty-One Summary

Welcome back! There's only a handful of matters to resolve so let's not beat around the bush. What have you decided about Torlando's request?

Black Robe: Tell Torlando to sod off. Send Stan to... :rolldice: Tylka

Slaan: Hmm, have The General accompany the Poet so that we can have a resolution to that beautiful poem.

jkq: Allow Torlando to borrow Stan. Best case, he comes up with something good. Next best case, he comes up with something so bad, it ends up being entertaining anyways.

Bregor: Torlando the Wonderful has returned! Huzzah! Send General Stan off with Torlando as he has no other pressing issues this week.

FoolyCharged: Loan him stan, the man might be a doofus, but a doofus singing our praises publicly could do us some good.

I will inform the King once the meeting has concluded. Alena has finished her tasks so I'm sure that we will manage without Stan for a short time. Let's now discuss the merchant's offer, should we take the risk and give him some money?

Slaan: Give the parasite some gold. The more trade coming through the better the winter selection!

Bregor: I've never seen this merchant before, nor have I heard of Vlode the Spindleshanks. And he asks for so much! Tell the merchant they will receive nothing from the crown, our gold and resources are needed elsewhere.

FoolyCharged: This other man reeks of swindler. Has anyone warned us about a man of his description? If so, lock him up. Otherwise pay the man, he could be a Nigerian prince!

jkq: Tell the merchant that we're not interested, it sounds like he might be a con man anyways. "The wooden leg of Vlode the Spindleshanks", indeed.

Black Robe: Tell the merchant to sod off

A Nigerian prince? Where is this land that you speak of? We should send them a pigeon to see if we can negotiate an alliance with them. But before we do that we need to send a pigeon to one of the nobility that we do know. Who shall we invite to court next week?

FoolyCharged: Invite Etton over for a little chat about his involvement in poisoning our minions with his drugs :toughguy:

Bregor: Invite Etton and ask about the deliciously tantalizing scourge that is Oracle Dust, as well as the investigation.

jkq: Invite Etton, we ought to tie up this loose end.

Slaan: Invite Grego back to confront him. Artwork must stay safely in the private vaults of the nobility away from the prying eyes and grubby hands of the peasantry. That includes the fireplaces of new money like him!

Black Robe: Invite Lena and see if we can make some progress there

I will send a pigeon to Etton's estate. I'll also tell the dungeon guard to keep a couple of thumbscrews nearby. Thank you for your time, we shall meet again next week! I'll ask the cook to make some more soup.

Thank you for waiting! Torlando, I will send a General to aid you in your quest.

That is absolutely fantastique! You will not be disappointed, for I shall bring you a classique!

I'm sorry. You will have to find someone else to help you.

What? Why not help a truly honest man? Humph! Vlode the Spindleshanks... That was a good one...!

End of Week Twenty-One!

Inventory

Archives

Business is Business

Torlando the Wonderful

Asalia

Cedani

Flooded Village

Merchant's Lost Wares

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

We should be alright with supplies for a couple of more weeks until we need to resort to holding off supplies again. We may be okay with keeping this system going until the Radovian invasion. The Radovians will be attacking on week 30, so we have eight more weeks to keep things from falling apart at the seams. We are doing well so far so I'm sure that we will manage to deal with anything that will crop up over the next few weeks :happyelf:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I'll ask the cook to make some more soup.

Is there another magical black cock I don't know about? :thunk:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Well we never did get Stabber Stew, so maybe it took a few weeks of aging before it could be cooked for that perfect umami

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

What's wrong with a nice vegetable soup? Pets aren't usually a culinary staple in this part of the world.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Blame the cook. Other dishes pale in comparison to that dream that blessed our intestinal tracts the other day.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

What's wrong with a nice vegetable soup? Pets aren't usually a culinary staple in this part of the world.

Did Cedani start a veggie garden?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (42) Nocnitsa In Oborka

Your Grace, we will have the Royal Trial when Ivo arrives. Right before the battle. This way he can attend the trial himself. I hope we are going to be ready by then. We still have some time to prepare, so make sure we do our best to find the perpetrator. Remember that our agents can be of use to investigate the items we've found.

I know, Audry. Everything will be fine.

Your Gracem I have cleared the fog out of the forest. At least for now... No signs of anyone there though. Perhaps what they say is true. The spirits of the forest may change people into animals, to keep them at the bay. Nonetheless. I have fulfilled my task.

I suppose. Thank you.

How may I be of service, Your Grace?

How is your business? Are you still selling Oracle Dust, Lord Etton?

Of course, Eryk. Just because you didn't want to support me, doesn't mean that others won't. My business is booming.

Oracle Dust affects people's lives negatively. Don't you have anything else you can sell?

What? And pass on such a huge pile of gold that's just waiting to be picked up? You must be having a laugh, Eryk. If I don't sell Dust here, I'll sell it elsewhere. Everyone wants it, you can't stop me.

I have heard what you need those spices for...

Your Grace! I can explain! Oracle Dust is far from dangerous. As far as I've been told, it has medical use, more than anything else. It's just an easy way to make some gold. It doesn't matter if you sell Dust or not, it's going to get out to people anyway. You can keep trying to stop my business, but I will tell you right away... You can't. If I don't sell it someone else will. I knew you wouldn't like it... That's why I didn't tell you.

I don't care what you do. As long as you don't do it in Davern.

Sure thing. I will stay away from Davern.

I have found this in my Wine Cellar, can you tell me anything about it?

What is an animal tooth doing in your Wine Cellar?

It looks like someone has lost it. I'm trying to find its owner.

I don't know, Eryk. Probably someone who's interested in animals, or... creatures, shall I say...

This letter came on very intricately decorated parchment. Do you know where it could have come from?

People used to do that in the old days - now it's out of fashion, if you ask me. I don't know who could have sent it, don't you know who you receive letters from?

I haven't exactly received it... Never mind... My agent has found this phial near your village, Lord Etton. Do you know anything about it?

It's a phial, used to heat up ingredients for potions, quite a common thing. You can get them from any merchant. I've never seen one with such ornamentation though. It's definitely not mine.

Do you know whose it might be?

How would I know?

Your Grace, I bring you news. There seems to be some weird anomaly in the woods up in the North! Magic, perhaps! Colorful lights, out of nowhere, in the middle of the night! It sounds so frightening!

Sounds like a Nocnitsa or a similar, smaller creature. They seem to be more active this time of year. Do you know anything more about it?

I visited Oborka, the village next to the woods, the morning after one of these disturbances. They said that Lord Jovan's children went missing that night! I tell you, magic is involved!

I will speak to my advisor to see if we can spare our witch to investigate this phenomenon. It could be nothing though, I would expect that Lord Jovan would have visited me in person if he needed my help in this matter. Please wait in the lobby while you await my decision.

I'm selling packs of supplies, Your Grace. Let me help you with your struggle. I offer the best prices in all of Davern! Only 28 gold for 22 supplies! What do you think?

This is an interesting offer. I need to consult my advisor first to see if we can agree to this. Please wait in the lobby, I will have an answer for you shortly.

Council Meeting

Good afternoon! Today's meeting won't take long as it's been an unusually quiet day in court today. Lord Etton paid us a visit and the King confronted him about the dust trade. Etton decided to brag about his business at first and quickly forgot his station until the King put him in his place. We won't be seeing him in Davern for the foreseeable future.

We only had two petitioners today. The first is from a villager who has claimed to have seen bright lights emanating from the North that also coincided with the supposed disappearance of Lord Jovan's children. Shall we send Alena to investigate or shall we do nothing? It could just be a natural phenomenon after all, but he has brought us news of the disappearance of Lord Jovan's children. If we send Alena she will be gone for two weeks.

The other person in court today was a merchant who offered to help us with our supply shortage. He was offering to sell us 22 supplies for the price of 28 gold. We are currently making 25 gold each week, which means we are still making a profit of 5 gold a week when we need to pay the wages for both of our agents. Do we accept the offer or decline the offer? I received a message from the merchant after he left the courtroom, he will return within a few weeks if we turn him down at this time. He is also offering to sell us Oracle Dust for 7 gold, we can accept this offer instead but I really don't know why we would at this point in time.

Map

If you decide that Alena's time is better spent elsewhere then we can send her to one of the nearby villages.

Davern (North)

Davern (South)

Allies

Who shall we invite to court next week?

Jovan - We can ask him about this magical phenomenon.

Lena We can ask her about the investigation and speak to her about the alliance offer.

Grego - We can sell more paintings to Grego.

Noaksey\Via Lyt - We can speak to them about the investigation.

We will now have a quick lunch and get the rest of the meeting over quickly so we can make the most of this sunny afternoon.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Send the witch, as much as I appreciate a good light show we don't need the distraction during the battle

Buy the supplies, we need em

Invite Noaksey, because we really should try and find something conclusive out before this trial.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Send Alena to a random village that hasn't been scouted yet, I agree with His Majesty that Jovan would have come to us himself if he needed aid - that is the point of an alliance, after all.

Buy the supplies while we have the money.

Invite Lena and try to make some progress.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

The Witch should visit the northern most location possible to keep my filthy peasants healthy enough to work. Fools likely don't even scrape the cow dung off their hands after picking up worms or whatever it is they do. Even the witch is smarter than those idiots.

Invite Noaksey for more information, I guess. It shan't harm or help me so I don't really care.

And yes yes buy the supplies. The last few weeks have truly had terrible catering by His Majesty's servants. If we buy more ingredients then at least that's one less way for the PEASANTS to grumble themselves out of working. Oh boo hoo we don't have anything except magic chicken my horse's bum!

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Send Alena to investigate the fireworks lights up north.

Buy the supplies, we can always get another gold loan if needed, but we can't easily get more supplies.

Invite Via Lyt, maybe she's heard something from the Radovian that "left" with her.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

A light show indeed! Sounds like a bunch of rubbish! If these circumstances are affecting Lord Jovan, I'm sure he would send word to His Grace straight away. Ignore the "phenomena" for the time being.

Finally, a merchant comes with wares we actually require! Take up the offer of supplies for gold.

Although he was a phony hero, I believe Noaksey may still be well-read on the biology of certain beasts. Send for Noaksey and ask him about the animal fang.

As her schedule should be free this week, send Alena to a nearby village. She's a witch, so possibly Warto? :dadjoke:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Send Alma to investigate the phenomena.

Take up the offer to trade our gold for the merchant's supplies.

I dunno if we should invite Noaksey since he didn't have much to say about the evidence last time. Same with via lyt. Instead, we should invite Lena since she hasn't seen any of our evidence yet.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I was going to close the voting but it seems like we have a tie with where to send Alena. I'll keep the vote open until the end of the day, if there isn't a tiebreaker by the end of the day I'll spin the wheel again.

Send Alena to Lights - 3
Send Alena to Village (Most Northern\Nearby\Random) - 3

Supplies
Buy - 6

Invite
Lena - 2
Noaksey - 3
Via Lyt - 1

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Dec 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Send our witch to the forest village of Warto