Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

goblin week posted:

the minimum wage is 900$ lol.

An hour? Hot drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

FutureCop posted:

Just beat Minerva's Den and with that, my Bioshock 2 adventure is complete. I gotta admit, while I did have a great time, I didn't necessarily get my mind-blown as I thought I would from all of the glowing praise. Maybe I was overestimating the praise people give it, or not giving it the proper context? Or maybe it's the kind of thing where you can't really get surprised by the twists in a Philip K Dick book because they're been disseminated and are so commonplace nowadays in all sci-fi? Don't get me wrong, I still liked it, but yeah, it was all pretty much expected.

It will all fall into place once you play the sequel, Gone Home.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Azran posted:

Shoutout to SuperGiantGames for having great prices and to Larian for almost slashing by half the price of BG3.

Larian, in between releasing giant content patches, casually checking Argentina's economic indicators so they can adjust their regional pricing accordingly

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Leal posted:

An hour? Hot drat

It is driving me absolutely crazy that people keep saying "minimum wage" without specifying whether it's per hour, day, week, month, or year

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It's just the minimum wage. Whenever you pay someone, you have to give at least $900.

Orv
May 4, 2011
They mean minimum wagyu. $900 worth of beef, loose in a wheelbarrow.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

The Fallout TV series trailer prompted me to reinstall FO4.

Just left the house you do character creation in and the game immediately crashed to desktop. Shame on me for not going and installing whatever community patches I guess, but goddamn it Bethesda.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Orv posted:

$900 worth of beef, loose in a wheelbarrow.

Is that one uh those "shortest, saddest stories ever"?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Orv posted:

They mean minimum wagyu. $900 worth of beef, loose in a wheelbarrow.

What am I, a Russian war widow?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Sab669 posted:

Just left the house you do character creation in and the game immediately crashed to desktop. Shame on me for not going and installing whatever community patches I guess, but goddamn it Bethesda.

It's for the best really.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Deakul posted:

It's for the best really.

Yeah I'd call playing that chunk of FO4 "game of the year edition"

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sab669 posted:

I just did it and it worked perfectly fine on the Deck.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I know that it became a mainstream popular series 15 years ago, but it's pretty wild to think back to the 90s and see Fallout as a big money(?) tv show.

What next? X-COM anime? Monkey Island film?

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
The opening stretch of Fallout 4 is the dullest part of any Bethesda game. If I ever play it again (I remember somewhat enjoying it more as a shooter than an RPG) I'm definitely going to use an alternate start mod.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I dunno, after trying it again over the weekend, I'm inclined to think the entirety of Starfield is the dullest part of any Bethsoft game.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Volte posted:

The opening stretch of Fallout 4 is the dullest part of any Bethesda game. If I ever play it again (I remember somewhat enjoying it more as a shooter than an RPG) I'm definitely going to use an alternate start mod.

Good idea :toot:

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Sab669 posted:

As memory serves it's a specific setting that needs to be disabled due to nvidia driver updates.

edit: It's weapon debris on nvidia 3xxx series cards.

Zachack fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 4, 2023

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Look here, 'Thesda
Who you crashin' with that weapon debris?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
tried out the battlebit remastered over the weekend and kept getting killed from stuff I couldn't see. Got some kills just by firing in the direction my teammates were firing, even when I never saw a drat enemy.

Took out some teammates by spawning in a helicopter and realizing I can 't fly this thing when I was 50 feet in the air. The last words from my teammates were "oh my god he's level 1"

Orv
May 4, 2011
Battlefield style game transport pilots are either the hardest motherfuckers alive or you will not live to see ten feet off the ground. You’re just preserving the legacy.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Volte posted:

I like the F4 opening but like most of their other games it does give you the 'hey want to change your name/race/stats?' bit right at the end of it so you can just put a save right there and have at it

Except in Skyrim for some reason, not sure why they dumped it there

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I played some FO4 mods that do an okay job of ripping out the bad main story (with voice acting turned off) and give you a lot more options for how quests can end. The DLC is also a lot better than the base campaign stuff.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdBZY2fkU-0

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I can't wait to play that in 4 years.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I wish there was a flightstick emulator that placed a visible circle in the center of your screen and emulated caged cursor delta away from center for joystick movement so any game could have half assed sorta Freelancer mouse controls.

I spent a fair bit of yesterday getting into the Tie Fighter remake which they did an incredible job with, but I really do hate loving with HOTAS stuff anymore. I tried the mouse controls, but they are pretty bad even with their tweaks so I had to drag my old Thrustmaster out of a closet (which now that I type that out sounds more like a sex toy). Back in the day I happily played all these sims with a flightstick but it just feels awkward to me anymore. Being out of practice I'm extremely imprecise with the stick and I was getting some config headaches with this old TFlight but I definitely don't want to buy anything new. Because of all the keyboard commands in the Lucasarts flightsims they don't map particularly well to a gamepad unless you get into elaborate hold a button shortcuts so I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

Despite my joystick bitching this remake really is an incredible achievement and it's a great way to play what was always my favorite space sim.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

I'm not a big GTAV guy and was so-so on RDR2 but still somehow feel confident this game will push the technical envelope in some insane ways. It kind of has to at this point, imagine they're spending more money than God has on it

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

probably, but GTA5 microtransactions made one quadrillion dollars to expect those to creep into the singleplayer too this time

the priorities were clear in GTA5 when it never got any post-launch singleplayer content to speak of

pradmer
Mar 31, 2009

Follow me for more books on special!

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Look here, 'Thesda
Who you crashin' with that weapon debris?

Don't you waste your time on that.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
GTA 6 in 2026 sounds pretty good to me

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

repiv posted:

probably, but GTA5 microtransactions made one quadrillion dollars to expect those to creep into the singleplayer too this time

the priorities were clear in GTA5 when it never got any post-launch singleplayer content to speak of

If that is the price we (quite literally) have to pay to have any sort of post-launch content for singleplayer that's fine by me.

I did the Red Dead Online thing for a while, was good until of course you got a dozen carriages dropped on your head by a cheater

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Spoiler: It doesn't end well for them.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

goferchan posted:

I'm not a big GTAV guy and was so-so on RDR2 but still somehow feel confident this game will push the technical envelope in some insane ways. It kind of has to at this point, imagine they're spending more money than God has on it

That looks really good. I gave up on the 5 story before the end, but if they've gone more rdr2 style it could be extraordinary. Otherwise, eh I can drive around in my car and enjoy the sights

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I liked 5, but unless they've seriously updated their humor, I'm really really not looking forward to their satire of contemporary American life. If I turn on the game and it starts recycling my twitter feed from two (or five) years ago, I'm refunding it.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Hasn’t the main core of Rockstar creatives entirely turned over in the last decade? Maybe they’ll finally have some decent writing.

And checkpoints from this century.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
This seems like mostly a story (and graphics) trailer? Do people get really into the single player story in GTA games? I thought the main appeal was doing side stuff in the bigass sandbox.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Macichne Leainig posted:

If that is the price we (quite literally) have to pay to have any sort of post-launch content for singleplayer that's fine by me.

I did the Red Dead Online thing for a while, was good until of course you got a dozen carriages dropped on your head by a cheater

Did they do any post launch single player content for gta v or red dead 2?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

This seems like mostly a story (and graphics) trailer? Do people get really into the single player story in GTA games? I thought the main appeal was doing side stuff in the bigass sandbox.

I only ever did the story stuff in GTA 5. The sandbox gameplay was super annoying with the new police chase system and it lost its appeal for me a while ago, anyway. It's been a while but I recall the side stuff being annoying to get into, too.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

RDR2 did all the side stuff better. It was too much of a chore in GTA5.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I liked 5, but unless they've seriously updated their humor, I'm really really not looking forward to their satire of contemporary American life. If I turn on the game and it starts recycling my twitter feed from two (or five) years ago, I'm refunding it.

I'm really looking forward to the COVID missions

e: Rockstar will call it BLO-VID

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Orv posted:

Hasn’t the main core of Rockstar creatives entirely turned over in the last decade? Maybe they’ll finally have some decent writing.

And checkpoints from this century.

The people who would do that are still inexplicably mashing a button to sprint to the offices to take over.