Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Robert Kraft may be a lecherous drunk, but he's not David Tepper!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

a neat cape posted:

No other HC is getting fired until after the season

Rivera might get fired. I thought there was a chance he goes today.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Robert Kraft may be a lecherous drunk, but he's not David Tepper!

The writers are rubbing Tepper the wrong way, and tugging at the heart strings to make people hate Kraft less

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Forrest on Fire posted:

The writers are rubbing Tepper the wrong way, and tugging at the heart strings to make people hate Kraft less

You should hate Kraft more, not less.

Nov 6, 2002

*woosh* is also the sound a jet makes

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

mcmagic posted:

Rivera might get fired. I thought there was a chance he goes today.

At this point, Harris is probably gonna just let Rivera run out the season since it's almost over anyway and it's not like Rivera is an active disaster as coach, just regular bad.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think it was the Ringer podcast where it was speculated that the Harris group still really likes Rivera and they may want Bieniamy to be an in-house successor with Rivera moving to an in-house role.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Harbaugh just HAPPENS to be in Charlotte today for scheduled recruit visit.

https://x.com/KyleBaileyClub/status/1731740452825559184?s=20

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah I dunno what the point of firing Rivera at this stage would be. You do it earlier in the season (like after losing badly to the Bears at home in week 5) when there was still hope of a wild card spot or let him ride out the last four meaningless games. I guess if they are 100% locked in on promoting Bieniemy they could get a head start. But letting him just hang out and learn/prepare while Ron is there to take the heat for the team being poo poo seems like a better play to me.

FizFashizzle posted:

Harbaugh just HAPPENS to be in Charlotte today for scheduled recruit visit.

https://x.com/KyleBaileyClub/status/1731740452825559184?s=20

Biff Poggi is an underrated Star Wars EU character (seriously how does every college coach have an insane name)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I understand why Bobby Kraft would feel differently, but if I was a Pats fan born before Stankonia dropped I'd be happy for Bill to stick around as long as he wanted. hell I only saw one superbowl win and Pedersen would have needed four consecutive losing seasons before I made a peep about wanting him fired. spoiled rotten.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

indigi posted:

I understand why Bobby Kraft would feel differently, but if I was a Pats fan born before Stankonia dropped I'd be happy for Bill to stick around as long as he wanted. hell I only saw one superbowl win and Pedersen would have needed four consecutive losing seasons before I made a peep about wanting him fired. spoiled rotten.

This is why the current shittiness just washes over me. The pats will have to suck for decades (“Inshallah” says 95% of TFF) before it bothers me. I spent my 20s and 30s enjoying one of the greatest runs in any sport ever. Nothing but love for Bill and Tom for the rest of my days

Dude’s still gotta go. It’s a business and there’s a new generation of fans that did not grow up taking a deep playoff run for granted every year for half their life :smugdog: At this point moving on is in his own personal interest, too. No way is he catching Shula here with the talent black hole he’s created over the last 4 years. This is a multi year rebuild even if everything falls right

Nov 6, 2002

Docjowles posted:

This is why the current shittiness just washes over me. The pats will have to suck for decades (“Inshallah” says 95% of TFF) before it bothers me. I spent my 20s and 30s enjoying one of the greatest runs in any sport ever. Nothing but love for Bill and Tom for the rest of my days

Dude’s still gotta go. It’s a business and there’s a new generation of fans that did not grow up taking a deep playoff run for granted every year for half their life :smugdog: At this point moving on is in his own personal interest, too. No way is he catching Shula here with the talent black hole he’s created over the last 4 years. This is a multi year rebuild even if everything falls right

I'm mostly interested in where Belichick ends up. I think logically he should want to go where he can drop right in and starting winning. But what about money? We know he loves that too. Can he resist Tepper backing up a dump truck of cash? Then again, what about history? He appreciates the history and tradition of the NFL as much as anyone. Would he make a power play for the Giants? Seems unlikely that he would do his his former assistant coach dirty. Perhaps the idea of restoring a classic franchise to glory like Washington would appeal to him.

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I'm mostly interested in where Belichick ends up. I think logically he should want to go where he can drop right in and starting winning. But what about money? We know he loves that too. Can he resist Tepper backing up a dump truck of cash? Then again, what about history? He appreciates the history and tradition of the NFL as much as anyone. Would he make a power play for the Giants? Seems unlikely that he would do his his former assistant coach dirty. Perhaps the idea of restoring a classic franchise to glory like Washington would appeal to him.

Chargers have the QB in place to win. I think BB ends up there.

Nov 6, 2002

Erainor posted:

Chargers have the QB in place to win. I think BB ends up there.

Money tho.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BB to Chargers would be so fun.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I want BB in Buffalo cause gently caress that would be funny

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The Jets is the only answer here

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ornery and Hornery posted:

BB to Chargers would be so fun.

Strongly disagree. The best case scenario is Belichick turns one of the most electric QBs in the league into a boring Football robot that marches down the field. More likely, he finds the Patriot Way offers even worse returns cultural reverence surrounding it in Foxborough.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Bill has earned a graceful exit from New England. Firing him now accomplishes absolutely nothing. There is a long, arduous rebuild-from-scratch there that you doesn't start with 5 games under an interim regime.
It's fully possible that the Pats suffer the same fate as every other AFC east team after the end of their glory days: decades of futility. Nothing for it but to fondly remember an absolutely insane 20 year run.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Firing Belichick now serves to humiliate him, which is reason enough IMO.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Can he resist Tepper backing up a dump truck of cash?

everyone talks about how Jim Harbaugh wouldn't get along with Tepper, but the one guy who'd have an even worse working relationship with him has gotta be Bill. two complete know it alls who've been at the top of their respective fields, and can't tell each other poo poo about gently caress. no way that would work out, and I can't see Bill going for it unless Tepper was willing to completely step away. and, well, we're seeing where that leads

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Belichick should get to retire and continue his grudge against Modell keeping that gently caress out of the hall.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Canned Sunshine posted:

Whoever the Panthers hire, should require that a clause be adding into the contract that guarantees at least a full season of coaching, and can’t be fired before the end of the season.

Clause should just be that Tepper is allowed to meddle, but every time he does the coach gets to give him a wet willie.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Nervous posted:

Clause should just be that Tepper is allowed to meddle, but every time he does the coach gets to give him a wet willie.

Tepper hires a court jester who alone is allowed to ridicule him in order to keep him from meddling as much.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fsif posted:

If he didn't want humiliated, he should have assembled an offense capable of scoring 14 points total in the last full month (6, 0 - bye, 7, 0 - game). Out-Ferentz'd Ferentz

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

a neat cape posted:

No other HC is getting fired until after the season

Agreed. Looking at all the hot seat head coaches -

Patriots - Despite how poo poo they are, Kraft isn't going to humiliate Bill after Bill gave them 6 rings. Besides, who the hell would you make interim for the last 5 games? The team gets worse and probably because a laughing stock without him leading it.

Chargers - Staley sucks and has a decent chance of being let go, but the team hasn't quit on him and of course, the spanos' infinite cheapness of having to pay an interim head coach

Commanders - Rivera is clearly gone, but is still loved by the players and the team isn't going to get better without him. Bierenmy would maybe have a chance to perform decent as interim, but also a decent chance he won't accept that since the success chances of interim coaches is next to nil.

Bills - McDermott sacrificed Dorsey to give him enough life to get to the end of the year. Considering he has a decent enough excuse with injuries (and the offensive performing better under Brady so far) he may still get another year, either way, they are going to let things play out for another month.

Bears - I've heard there's rumors Eberflus may get another year lol, either way he righted the ship after the absolute disaster of September, so I don't see the front office canning him before January.

The NFC South Carousel of Losers - The best chance of an early firing is Bowles when/if the Bucs get eliminated from the playoffs. Otherwise, these guys are all sticking around until the season is over because Arthur Blank is more patient than a loving sequoia, and Mickey Loomis still thinks its 2018 and Brees and Payton just look a little different, that's all. Bucs, at least, realize things aren't working.

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

fsif posted:

Making him finish this season sounds more humiliating if that is your goal.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

shyduck posted:

The Jets is the only answer here

There is a better chance of Bill coaching on Mars next year than him working for Woody Johnson.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I don't support firing Belichick, he's four losses away from breaking the all-time and regular season record, it's important he be allowed this distinction.

The absolute funniest scenario is he breaks it against the Bills and then gets fired before the Jets game.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I feel like breaking the loss record against the Jets and then getting fired would be an even funnier scenario. He's still not getting fired mid-season though.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

really queer Christmas posted:

Bears - I've heard there's rumors Eberflus may get another year lol, either way he righted the ship after the absolute disaster of September

did he?

Nov 6, 2002

Yeah what's this now?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I assume that's a "relatively speaking" thing. Going 4-4 over your last 8 games* is a marked improvement from opening 0-4 with three noncompetitive games and one improbable blown lead against another winless team, and also your defensive coordinator resigned under mysterious circumstances that might involve the FBI

(*schedule got soft as poo poo over this stretch and none of the wins have come against good teams or even confirmed starting-level NFL quarterbacks, but again, this is all relatively speaking.)

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The Glazers are one of those owners who don't fire midseason so don't expect Bowles to be fired until the Cowboys beat the Bucs by 20 in the playoffs.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

xbilkis posted:

I assume that's a "relatively speaking" thing. Going 4-4 over your last 8 games* is a marked improvement from opening 0-4 with three noncompetitive games and one improbable blown lead against another winless team, and also your defensive coordinator resigned under mysterious circumstances that might involve the FBI

(*schedule got soft as poo poo over this stretch and none of the wins have come against good teams or even confirmed starting-level NFL quarterbacks, but again, this is all relatively speaking.)

The bears in Sept early October looked like they wouldn't win a game, had a defensive coach being accused of being the online epstein, and seemed like eberflus would be canned any day now. Going 4-4 since is unfathomable. Please note, I think he sucks and should be fired asap (or at the very least gutey should) but I don't see the bears ownership following through with that.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Forrest on Fire posted:

:holyshit:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bill is for sure in a "mutual parting of the ways" situation.

I mean Robert kraft had a superbowl ring stolen and pretty much just went "oh no it was a present". There's no way he ends up with a scandal.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

BlindSite posted:

Bill is for sure in a "mutual parting of the ways" situation.

I mean Robert kraft had a superbowl ring stolen and pretty much just went "oh no it was a present". There's no way he ends up with a scandal.

Going to say the geopolitical ramifications of feuding with Belichick are a bit lower stakes than they are against Vladimir Putin.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fsif posted:

Going to say the geopolitical ramifications of feuding with Belichick are a bit lower stakes than they are against Vladimir Putin.

For sure but you're still going to enrage a good portion of your fan base if you make a stink over it.

Billy 5 Aces is part of the foundation's of that franchise and the fanbase is going to be split between he should be able to coach as long as he wants and those wanting a fresh start.

I would think it would make more sense for Bills agent or reps if he even bothers with them to sound out some places with openings or potential openings and for it to happen quietly than for him to end up sacked on black Monday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I totally forgot that Russia stole one of Kraft’s rings :lol: Man the Rubmaps Rob era has been wild