Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

MarcusSA posted:

Engagement!

Seriously is a like / dislike feature so complicated that it makes it impossible for them to set up and algorithm? It seems kinda simple

They want you to listen to the algorithm, op, not tell it what to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Blurb3947 posted:

Spotify just did this too. Instead of having a heart icon to put songs into your Liked playlist you have to do like 2 or 3 more presses to like them.
No you don’t.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022

American McGay posted:

No you don’t.

I only hit it the one time and it must have asked what folder I wanted to add it to by default cause yeah now it acts like before.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

xzzy posted:

But they didn't? I can still heart stuff. Well it's a star now and they call 'favorite,' but it's the same thing. They love renaming the likes/dislikes every so often.

That's been like that for a while now.

Now it lets you know even before you try to add it, below the playlist name

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I guess I should have been more concerned that my AirPod pros seem to work gently caress all with the find my network, one of our rear end in a top hat cats pulled my MagSafe puck with my case on it down and of course the lovely hinge on the case easily pops open dispensing the AirPods which then rear end in a top hat cat takes somewhere, and now they’re last seen like 2 days ago when I was loving using them this morning (why wouldnt use update their loving location at least??). Stupid cat, stupid apple. Stupid me I guess.

Found one bud under the fridge pretty charged but no line on the second. Unrelated, does anyone want a cat that’s too smart for its own good or two?

E2: super cool I had put them in lost mode and when I popped lefty in the case (the one I found under the fridge) find my was all “hey I found it!” So I opened that to see if maybe the right one updated location, and apparently now I have an “incomplete setup” and can’t find any location on the buds or case anymore. I was gonna order a replacement to get with the USB C times but now I’m kinda inclined to say gently caress this poo poo until the find my network starts working correctly for these fuckers (doing some googling it seems fairly common for them to never work or only work about one time on find my).

Dogen fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Dec 3, 2023

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Dogen posted:

I guess I should have been more concerned that my AirPod pros seem to work gently caress all with the find my network, one of our rear end in a top hat cats pulled my MagSafe puck with my case on it down and of course the lovely hinge on the case easily pops open dispensing the AirPods which then rear end in a top hat cat takes somewhere, and now they’re last seen like 2 days ago when I was loving using them this morning (why wouldnt use update their loving location at least??). Stupid cat, stupid apple. Stupid me I guess.

Found one bud under the fridge pretty charged but no line on the second. Unrelated, does anyone want a cat that’s too smart for its own good or two?

E2: super cool I had put them in lost mode and when I popped lefty in the case (the one I found under the fridge) find my was all “hey I found it!” So I opened that to see if maybe the right one updated location, and apparently now I have an “incomplete setup” and can’t find any location on the buds or case anymore. I was gonna order a replacement to get with the USB C times but now I’m kinda inclined to say gently caress this poo poo until the find my network starts working correctly for these fuckers (doing some googling it seems fairly common for them to never work or only work about one time on find my).

If it’s in the house, try installing LightBlue:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/lightblue/id557428110
then walk around looking for spikes in the signal strength bars. It’s worth a go at least.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
So I messed around with the SIM pin and hosed things up. I tried to enable it for security but it didn’t seem to take, and now I’m locked out of my network. My provider (Lebara) says it should be 0000 or 1234 but those don’t work.

If when I call someone it asks for my sim pin, I enter anything and then it asks me to enter a new Pin twice does that indicate anything to anyone?

I also can’t disable it in settings :(

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Sri.Theo posted:

So I messed around with the SIM pin and hosed things up. I tried to enable it for security but it didn’t seem to take, and now I’m locked out of my network. My provider (Lebara) says it should be 0000 or 1234 but those don’t work.

If when I call someone it asks for my sim pin, I enter anything and then it asks me to enter a new Pin twice does that indicate anything to anyone?

I also can’t disable it in settings :(

You should have a PUK code in your original welcome kit, you can reset the pin code using that.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

TraderStav posted:

Thanks, I was leaning toward that one. The OTTOCAST official store has 4 seemingly identical listings with different ship dates and prices. Trying to navigate that to figure out if there's a real difference between any of them.

So frustrating when they intentionally make these things so confusing.

Following up on this. The OTTOCAST was WAAAY smaller than I expected and with a little 3M tape was able to be tucked away very nicely in my console. Works great! A little awkward at first to set it up until I followed the directions more accurately.

One thing, that may be a deal killer and may be the issue with all of these little devices, is that it doesn't seem to handle multiple drivers well. When I get in the car after my wife uses it, I have to unpair/repair the dang thing. If I get back in the car after driving it, there's no problem reconnecting to it. The inability to hot-swap between the two is going to be a real challenge. I emailed the company but based on other Q&A/reviews on the Amazon listing I am not optimistic. This was the same for the leading competitor the Carlinkit.

Trying to sort through if there's some other solution where I buy a second one and we just plug in the appropriate one when we get into the car. Takes a lot of the value of wireless carplay out of it, however, not having it randomly disconnect because the phone gets bumped would be an improvement.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008

SlowBloke posted:

You should have a PUK code in your original welcome kit, you can reset the pin code using that.

Boo! Had to order a new Sim.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I got the 15 Pro in natural titanium but geez the pro colours are boring this year. Where's my purple titanium phone tim apple

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

i got the navy blue but it's no purple, and i want that purple

and not some bullshit lilac color. deep.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

track day bro! posted:

I got the 15 Pro in natural titanium but geez the pro colours are boring this year. Where's my purple titanium phone tim apple

Slap it into one of the Bondi Blue Spigen C1 Classic cases.

https://www.spigen.com/collections/iphone-15-series-collection/products/iphone-15-series-case-classic-c1-magfit?variant=41717027635247

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Holy poo poo

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

Holy poo poo

It's also available in Ruby Red and Graphite, but we all know the right choice is Bondi Blue.

Amazon has it for $30, and then has a 5% off coupon you can clip, and then at checkout if you enter helloagain20 you might get another 20% off (code seems to be hit an miss for people).

Branch Nvidian fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 4, 2023

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022
That's a dope case but lol at $60

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
I wish that was available for my 13PM

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

One of those cases that looks incredible and then by the time it's delivered feels just a litttttle silly.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
holy cow. ordered that so fast.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Blurb3947 posted:

The coupon code above you worked for me, $24 shipped overnight.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:monocle:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blurb3947 posted:

Spigen sells mostly through Amazon at like half or less than the prices on their own site and I’m not really sure what they gain from this.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

TraderStav posted:

Following up on this. The OTTOCAST was WAAAY smaller than I expected and with a little 3M tape was able to be tucked away very nicely in my console. Works great! A little awkward at first to set it up until I followed the directions more accurately.

One thing, that may be a deal killer and may be the issue with all of these little devices, is that it doesn't seem to handle multiple drivers well. When I get in the car after my wife uses it, I have to unpair/repair the dang thing. If I get back in the car after driving it, there's no problem reconnecting to it. The inability to hot-swap between the two is going to be a real challenge. I emailed the company but based on other Q&A/reviews on the Amazon listing I am not optimistic. This was the same for the leading competitor the Carlinkit.

Trying to sort through if there's some other solution where I buy a second one and we just plug in the appropriate one when we get into the car. Takes a lot of the value of wireless carplay out of it, however, not having it randomly disconnect because the phone gets bumped would be an improvement.

Hrmm... further testing not repeating this behavior. My wife left and was the last one to drive the vehicle. I got in, it did NOT auto connect, I went in to BT settings and selected the OTTOCAST, within ten seconds, probably less, it fired right up.

Will need to test it from her phone when she gets home and see if it's user issue or if the last person who connected is within range, it'll be problematic and they have to disconnect.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Spigen sells mostly through Amazon at like half or less than the prices on their own site and I’m not really sure what they gain from this.

I think it’s probably a Black Friday fake-discount kind of thing. Their site shows an inflated price that some people might pay, but they likely know the majority of folks will then go to Amazon and see how much cheaper it is there and think “wow, what a deal, it’s half off, I should buy it!” And if that isn’t the instance now, and they’re doing it because they’ve always done it this way, then it definitely started as a fake-discount thing.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I hate my ottocast. I either have to restart it or the car’s infotainment system constantly. Often both.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

omggg

Branch Nvidian posted:

It's also available in Ruby Red and Graphite, but we all know the right choice is Bondi Blue.

Amazon has it for $30, and then has a 5% off coupon you can clip, and then at checkout if you enter helloagain20 you might get another 20% off (code seems to be hit an miss for people).
This worked for me! I don't use a case but having one on hand for my 15P in case of a sticky situation isn't bad.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Holy poo poo they finally made it so when you ask Siri to identify a song you can actually just open the song in music.

Huge change.

The way before was so loving stupid I stopped using it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Just arrived in the mail and I put my phone in it. Looks loving nice but it's a little thicker than the fine woven I've been using.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
I guess I understand why it changes but it’s so weird how different Siri voice regions pronounce names.

UK Siri correctly says “ah-Lee-Anne” for “Alianne”, whereas US Siri just calls them an “alien”.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Question Mark Mound posted:

I guess I understand why it changes but it’s so weird how different Siri voice regions pronounce names.

UK Siri correctly says “ah-Lee-Anne” for “Alianne”, whereas US Siri just calls them an “alien”.

Anne is pronounced in US English like “an”. That’s prolly why.

E: it’s also my personal experience that US English voices the “a” vowel different compared to like every other European language I know or have heard spoken. US English “a” is like “ayy” to me whereas “a” in those other european languages are more like “ah” like what the dentist asks you to say when you open your mouth. Just going by this I can see why Siri says that name like the word alien in us English.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Dec 6, 2023

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Traveling soon for holidays on plane and car. Will have iPhones, iPad, laptop and switch. Family of 4, 2 parents and 2 children. How do we watch movie on iPad as a family on the plane with multiple listeners on headphones? Same for switch, how to play coop games with multiple listeners on headphones? We have AirPods but I’m fine to buy new headphones too.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Shaocaholica posted:

Traveling soon for holidays on plane and car. Will have iPhones, iPad, laptop and switch. Family of 4, 2 parents and 2 children. How do we watch movie on iPad as a family on the plane with multiple listeners on headphones? Same for switch, how to play coop games with multiple listeners on headphones? We have AirPods but I’m fine to buy new headphones too.

Share Audio on the iPad if your model supports it.

If not (and I don't think the Switch can do that), daisychain some headphone splitters?

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Share Audio supports 2 pairs of airpods. Headphone splitters max out at 2 pairs as well. 1 earbud/airpod each for 4 people.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

canyonero posted:

Share Audio supports 2 pairs of airpods. Headphone splitters max out at 2 pairs as well. 1 earbud/airpod each for 4 people.

lol just found some triple splitters on amazon and Belkin even makes a 5 way.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Boris Galerkin posted:

Anne is pronounced in US English like “an”. That’s prolly why.

E: it’s also my personal experience that US English voices the “a” vowel different compared to like every other European language I know or have heard spoken. US English “a” is like “ayy” to me whereas “a” in those other european languages are more like “ah” like what the dentist asks you to say when you open your mouth. Just going by this I can see why Siri says that name like the word alien in us English.

None of that is universal across the country, but I guess Apple did have to make a choice instead of having like 150 regional variations of US English.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!

Just got this case along with all the other goons. I loving like it. The bondi blue color is perfect.

It is a bit bulkier than the finewoven case, but it lays flat on its back now!

Edit: Also I thought it was multiple pieces, but I'm dumb and that was just for illustrative purposes. It's nicely put together and fits precisely.

pzy fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Dec 7, 2023

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002

Shaocaholica posted:

A lot of kids headphones have the cord go into one ear. Then in the other ear you can plug in another set of headphones. Keep it rolling as far as you like. For example. Not sure I bought that exact model for my kids. They were iClever branded though. Look at the last photo in this listing.

https://www.amazon.com/Headphones-M...8cda0eef7e&th=1

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Question Mark Mound posted:

You can fix Siri's pronunciation of individual names.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

pzy posted:

Edit: Also I thought it was multiple pieces, but I'm dumb and that was just for illustrative purposes. It's nicely put together and fits precisely.

It is multiple pieces :eng101:

There is a flexible silver inner piece for the phone, and then the Bondi Blue hard shell and the translucent white bottom part go on over that silver inner piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Shaocaholica posted:

I'm sorry for not answering the question asked, but I really find it unlikely that you can even watch the same film with 4 people on a plane. Even 3 would be tough.
Even worse for the Switch, unless you brought a portable monitor.