Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

It's interesting because the podcast made enough of a splash and enough people were listening to Art of Wrestling at that point that removing it probably would have had a Streisand Effect. Just another What-If for the pile, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

the lawsuit was designed to ruin their friendship and unfortunately Colt succumbed to it

you are a scamp

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Ganso Bomb posted:

Should have offered him an annual pass to his favorite zoo, smdh

if only it was a Tim Horton's card instead, we'd have a new stab's boy

loving learn to know your audience Seman Punk

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Hirez posted:

Seman Spunk

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Hirez posted:

if only it was a Tim Horton's card instead, we'd have a new stab's boy

loving learn to know your audience Seman Punk

The reminds me of the classic Jake the senman snake or whatever it was

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Shard posted:

The reminds me of the classic Jake the senman snake or whatever it was

Jake the Sanem, I believe.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
After watching the War Games match and Smackdown, Kairi is lost. Oof, she looked more lost than Ibushi did when he was in his War Games match. Dunno what's happened, she was alright in Stardom. Maybe she's got to re-adjust to every single spot being determined before the match with no wiggle room

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

IYO looked a little slow when she was called up too. I think there is an acclimation period and getting used to working with people you haven't had much time with. Or in the case of Charlotte, were actively trying to kill you

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Codependent Poster posted:

IYO looked a little slow when she was called up too. I think there is an acclimation period and getting used to working with people you haven't had much time with. Or in the case of Charlotte, were actively trying to kill you
Kairi was in the WWE longer than she was away from it tho. In Io's case maybe pre-HBK NXT were giving vets a little too much leeway in their matches so Papa H could appear in the Meltzer rankings

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Kairi just wants to surf

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
They brought her back to immediately job her to Bianca twice. Can't blame her for mailing it in.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

She knows that fed stans actually actively dislike good matches and say so on twitter so she's just doing the correct thing

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
People have to remember that in wwe. Boring and slow means that you’re a good wrestler and fast and exciting means you’re a bad wrestler. That’s why Miz and Baron Corbin are the two best wrestlers in the company.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

projecthalaxy posted:

She knows that fed stans actually actively dislike good matches and say so on twitter so she's just doing the correct thing

All that matters is entrances and backstage segments, wwe should just become drag race

Edit: is this dude trying to make this soyface on purpose or is he actually serious about this poo poo, i cannot watch any clips for fear of punching my phone to death

rotinaj fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Dec 4, 2023

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

rotinaj posted:

Edit: is this dude trying to make this soyface on purpose or is he actually serious about this poo poo, i cannot watch any clips for fear of punching my phone to death

His gimmick at the time was "annoying Gen Z guy who keeps taking bad selfies", so a serious attempt at a joke that doesn't work. Also, it's Austin Theory so the closest he's ever gotten to not being genuinely annoying is when he was the dumbass rookie in Johnny Gargano's comedy heel faction in NXT.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Pylons posted:

Kairi just wants to surf

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Lurks With Wolves posted:

His gimmick at the time was "annoying Gen Z guy who keeps taking bad selfies", so a serious attempt at a joke that doesn't work. Also, it's Austin Theory so the closest he's ever gotten to not being genuinely annoying is when he was the dumbass rookie in Johnny Gargano's comedy heel faction in NXT.

That is the Way.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Tampa Bae posted:

After watching the War Games match and Smackdown, Kairi is lost. Oof, she looked more lost than Ibushi did when he was in his War Games match. Dunno what's happened, she was alright in Stardom. Maybe she's got to re-adjust to every single spot being determined before the match with no wiggle room

This makes me really curious. How choreographed are the different feds? I’ve always assumed that they were all like this

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Important Shooter Baron Corbin update: Baron Corbin won the Mens SHW Masters division in a Florida Gi BJJ tournament

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

projecthalaxy posted:

Important Shooter Baron Corbin update: Baron Corbin won the Mens SHW Masters division in a Florida Gi BJJ tournament

I would like to see Pepsi Phil take a shoot deep six

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

a grill master, a jits king, let this man cook wwe

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SI's report earlier in the day has gotten further corroboration from Fightful and Dave: Okada's deal is up after January (same time as Ospreay's was), Nakamura's trying to recruit him and he's seriously considering it having thought he's done all he wants to/can in New Japan and wants a lighter schedule

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1731769702702018612

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

logan paul vs okada is a dream match 👀👀👀👀

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

JUNGLE BOY posted:

This is no dream, this is a nightmare

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Chris James 2 posted:

SI's report earlier in the day has gotten further corroboration from Fightful and Dave: Okada's deal is up after January (same time as Ospreay's was), Nakamura's trying to recruit him and he's seriously considering it having thought he's done all he wants to/can in New Japan and wants a lighter schedule

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1731769702702018612

Nooooooooooo! I really want Swerve in the title scene and OKADA might throw that off. Him in wwe would be such a waste and would make me even sadder than retired Nakamura. Times like this I wish Cody had made his own Southern Wrassling Fed so there was more competition and places to mix it up. I get the urge to explore other places but is jobbing to Roman, racist feuds and surfing in Florida really that fulfilling? Looking forward to Jimmy Okada having troubles going poop backstage skit while he learns to properly work.

I do seriously want to know if the surfing in Florida is that good. I always heard it was mostly mediocre outside of storm season.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

DogsInSpace! posted:

I wish Cody had made his own Southern Wrassling Fed

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

- 2 out of 3 falls: DIY vs. Imperium

- Kayden Carter & Katana Chance vs. Tegan Nox & Natalya

- Cody Rhodes promo

- Creed Bros vs. Judgment Day (Dominik & JD)

- World Title: Seth Rollins vs. Jey Uso

BACKSTAGE NOTES

- Gigi Dolin vs. Elektra Lopez is scheduled to be filmed for the Main Event Tapings

- Apollo Crews vs. Javier Bernal is scheduled to be filmed for the Main Event Tapings

- Chad Patton is set for the WWE Raw referee assignment.

- There are a couple of vague segments listed as "SHORT" in segment four and nine

- The World Title match is set for three segments

- Every other match is set for two segments except for the women's tag team match

- Chelsea Green and Piper Niven are set for commentary during the women's tag team match

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
This is the first time Judgement Day has fought someone outside the norm in months.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I've never said "gently caress you" at my monitor before tonight, lmao well done

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/wrestlevotes/status/1731851543811375512

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

lmfao

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rubby:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

whoops lol

Edit: I hope its this: https://trademarks.justia.com/792/56/yeet-79256338.html

https://trademarks.justia.com/863/94/yeet-86394763.html - This one is abandoned and covers computer stuff

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Dec 5, 2023

CHIVERS
Apr 28, 2004

c'est quand meme la honte
Wow what a surprise, a slang term that's been around for at least ten years. No way it would've been trademarked already.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

CHIVERS posted:

Wow what a surprise, a slang term that's been around for at least ten years. No way it would've been trademarked already.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Copywriting words is a scam. good for Cena for being able to use his own name. Very few others are allowed I'm assuming for this reason

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

what if WWE had a guy that planked

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

harambe will debut in the royal rumble

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

STONE COLD 64 posted:

harambe will debut in the royal rumble

OH MY!? IS IT!? IT IS!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

WWE can't own a trademark so the word is now banned. I'm sure they could have continue to say a common word on tv. They just couldn't run it into the ground and merchandise.

I've always been a little surprised that at some point, maybe after they bought WCW, that WWE didn't try and trademark the name of generic wrestling moves like clothesline and bodyslam.