Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Steadiman posted:

I mean that tweet leads to the trailer so I’m not entirely sure what difference it would’ve made. I’d say the YouTube numbers are probably a lot closer to reality

No what it means is very few people who saw the tweet actually clicked through, it shows how ineffective Twitter is as an advertiser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

haha rockstargames look at all the views! Post it here on X! You should post it here on X! Post it here on X
Post it on X hey post it on X POST IT ON X POST IT O

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Why is it reversed? Was the cybertruck taking a selfie?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

kazil posted:

His facial hair is gross because he doesn't groom it you gigantic dork.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1731544824405246220

No ring.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

ComfyPants posted:

YouTube numbers also take a bit to catch up. If that screenshot is eastern time, then about an hour or so later the Youtube trailer suddenly got an additional 17 million views

Interesting.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

E the Shaggy posted:

:lol: That Elon thinks he's living a hellish existence. It's nice to know that he's loving miserable.

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1731758982065180925?s=20

called that. dudes miserable because he doomscrolls chud insane poo poo and now owns his main provider of his poison and willing jumps for joy over it. its loving nuts.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

John Wick of Dogs posted:

No what it means is very few people who saw the tweet actually clicked through, it shows how ineffective Twitter is as an advertiser

Either way this is a really poor result for Twitter so maybe the Yacster shouldn’t really call attention to it. Better luck next time though, I’m sure the next idea will be the winner that brings all the advertisers back! She’ll always have #sports

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Busters posted:

Why isn't the gem green? It would look so much cooler? Doesn't Elon play video games? Does he not know abythe awesone #ChaosEmeralds

Oh I think you'll find that musk knows a great deal about emeralds

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

kazil posted:

Hey Rockstar, think about these totally fake numbers you are missing out on!

The video trailer over on YouTube is already at 26 million views in three hours, and those will be closer to actual numbers.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Parkingtigers posted:

The video trailer over on YouTube is already at 26 million views in three hours, and those will be closer to actual numbers.

And YouTube will give you actual stats, like how much of the video people watched. I somehow doubt X has more than "someone doomscrolled past this therefor they saw it" metrics

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Azhais posted:

And YouTube will give you actual stats, like how much of the video people watched. I somehow doubt X has more than "someone doomscrolled past this therefor they saw it" metrics

Back when Elon first implemented the views feature a former Twitter engineer mentioned they experimented with it but never rolled it out precisely because they could never figure out a good way to consider something a view that wouldn't include everyone quickly scrolling past a post

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Figma? You're going to tell ME to ligma? Go gently caress yourself!!! You're fired!

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Other media app views are constrained by this puny planet. The aliens are tuning into X!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Figma? You're going to tell ME to ligma? Go gently caress yourself!!! You're fired!

That guy only pretends to have muscular dystrophy anyway! Hate him!

edit: Actually he's a great guy. Best guy I've ever known. I wasn't serious when I said he's fired.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

the power of seX

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Azhais posted:

Twitter can barely stream short videos of capybaras. I don’t think a company like rockstar would want the trailer for their most anticipated game to look like stuttering low resolution dogshit.

I see no reality where this would be premiered anywhere other than YouTube, Twitter as a video platform is just so, so awful. Linda should really look into what advertisers actually want/need because it’s not a viewcount multiplier

Steadiman fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Dec 5, 2023

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Also youtube will actually pay you money for all those views. Not like Rockstar will really need the money but a cool 20k or whatever is still 20k

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

if only rockstar posted the GTA6 trailer on X, then maybe a lot of people would have watched it

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

gschmidl posted:

Ye of little faith

:psyduck: But it's an egg, how can an egg not be egg-shaped?!? :psyduck:

Captain Hygiene posted:

Man, I can't believe Jane Goodall supports the worldwide establishment of mandatory death camps. Just when you think you know someone

Jane Goodall is just furthering the eventual Planet of the Apes future, lest she become tortured in the future by apekind.

She's already entralled by Zaius' Basilisk, you see...

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Fuckin lmao the thirstyposting to get rockstar to post their vids on their busted rear end network is hilarious and sad. Apparently you can find everything on X! ..except dignity.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
No Walter, what are you doing

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TAG A THING ON THE X!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

epic

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

stolen meme valor

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Hbomberguy gonna cancel Musk next year with a four-hour video.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Bogus Adventure posted:

stolen meme valor

It can't be stolen when the same person runs both accounts

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

No. 6 posted:

It can't be stolen when the same person runs both accounts

Self plagiarism is a thing

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

uh oh GTA6 looks pretty woke

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

tgats a hosed up pizza, i think?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Bogus Adventure posted:

stolen meme valor

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1731894072300699768

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

He really hates Wolfenstein too

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:lmao: Elon somehow always finds new ways to amuse me, I'm glad he made comedy legal once again

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lmfao

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

lol

the n word sayer (difficulty: easy) won't shoot a pixel cop

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
someone wedgie that loving dork RIGHT loving NOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

lol awesome