Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Napoleon movie episode desperately needed Matt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Androies posted:

I went to college with his brother and I remember there being a moment when we were hanging out at Ben's apartment and he had coworkers coming over. Before they arrived Ben pulled us aside and said that at some point in the night we were to say out loud in front of his coworkers that he had such a nice apartment because his dad paid for it. This was to apparently cover up the pay discrepancies between Ben and his coworkers who he said made peanuts compared to him and that if they knew how much he made they would all demand a raise and ruin it for him. Interesting family overall.

jesus christ

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Androies posted:

I went to college with his brother and I remember there being a moment when we were hanging out at Ben's apartment and he had coworkers coming over. Before they arrived Ben pulled us aside and said that at some point in the night we were to say out loud in front of his coworkers that he had such a nice apartment because his dad paid for it. This was to apparently cover up the pay discrepancies between Ben and his coworkers who he said made peanuts compared to him and that if they knew how much he made they would all demand a raise and ruin it for him. Interesting family overall.

Did you say it?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

bawfuls posted:

The Napoleon movie episode desperately needed Matt
Felix probably said less than Chris who just added a couple comments off-mic.

It was good though. The AoN guy is pretty funny. Never heard him outside of his podcast.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Felix was not joking when he said “I didn’t watch it” lmao

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
Lmao I can not keep track of these New York failsons

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

mods please change the name of this thread for the first time in like seven years

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

Chapo Trap House: I can not keep track of these New York failsons

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I appreciate that Felix found his Argentine counterpart to interview for the Argentina bombing episode

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Felix straight up not watching Napoleon makes more sense now lol.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
Felix got assigned double-solo-interview episodes to make up for not watching Napoleon, and the funny thing is, recording both of them probably still took a little less time than watching Napoleon would've taken.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Days of thunder owns

so does Domino

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Felix got assigned double-solo-interview episodes to make up for not watching Napoleon, and the funny thing is, recording both of them probably still took a little less time than watching Napoleon would've taken.

Lmfao so true

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The sports washing episode was very good I enjoyed it

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

net work error posted:

Same. I'm a BJJ/MMA guy so it's always fun (depressing) to hear how monumentally corrupt combat sports is.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I have been craving more material in the lines of Felix' Fighting in the Age of Loneliness.

Napoleon Blownapart's stuff is nearly as good, though less political. Might be a fun guest for him.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

musclecoder posted:

Same. I'm a [Blank] guy so it's always fun (depressing) to hear how monumentally corrupt [Blank] is.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i think being blasted apart by a cannon sounds like an awesome way to die, top 10

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i think being blasted apart by a cannon sounds like an awesome way to die, top 10

Torn to shreds by grapeshot before you're even aware it's happening while your buddies hoot and holler. Could be worse!

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

net work error posted:

yeah now having listened to it it was mostly about sports w/r/t gulf politics and was only sort of about mma, and what was about mma was weird (good). very solid ep

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

honestly if the timing was juuust perfect, I could see being drawn and quartered as a fun way to go

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Your back would probably feel great for at least a split* second

*:haw:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I remember when MMA fighters were freaks who believed in things like not mixing beans and rice, drinking your pee, putting coffee in your butt, and becoming immortal with Stevia. I don't like this terrism.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Dan Quinn is still alive and for all we know will never die.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Halloween Jack posted:

drinking your pee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LBOZH_j_sI

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
He cooked here
https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1732586708024373325?t=0CCaqnl_AS3DQ3gasAgy-g&s=19

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Yup

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1732589131111534669

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1732590647503470802

He doesn't miss

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I at least can sus out what the joke was in that one.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

he's so cool

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
we come to the lawyer start from the opening argument

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://x.com/cushbomb/status/1732603637082525858?s=61&t=mDwlfyNtJXTpSGh0jJzrag

Recovering from a stroke and still slinging tweets that will fly over almost everyone’s heads

E: oh my god there’s an even better easter egg in there

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
wake me up when he makes contact with the frankenstein computer god.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Cosmik Slop posted:

Friend of mine posted something on Facebook that had David Brooks talking about the nuclear family. I made some comment about not taking him too seriously, if at all. She responded to the effect of "why, does David Brooks suck?" And in my head I'm think holy poo poo this is not a drill, overwatch you have hostiles in your area, going weapons free

link her "You guys, I don't think David Brooks is okay" by Burneko

https://deadspin.com/i-dont-think-david-brooks-is-okay-you-guys-1702674607

Vim Fuego fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Dec 7, 2023

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Dr.Radical posted:

I appreciate that Felix found his Argentine counterpart to interview for the Argentina bombing episode

It was a good interview ep. It actually provided enough context to introduce the topic

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Rhesus Pieces posted:

https://x.com/cushbomb/status/1732603637082525858?s=61&t=mDwlfyNtJXTpSGh0jJzrag

Recovering from a stroke and still slinging tweets that will fly over almost everyone’s heads

I am shaken at the power of his damaged brain

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Rhesus Pieces posted:

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1732603637082525858?s=61&t=mDwlfyNtJXTpSGh0jJzrag

Haha, how do you retain so much self awareness and eek out clever historical references to your own condition when that condition was your brain going kaput

🏆

E: Is the easter egg that there was a kerfuffle at Palace Chop House after Dutch died?

Or the sunken treasure

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Dec 7, 2023

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my man speaking in tongues, marxistly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

The Peccadillo posted:

Haha, how do you retain so much self awareness and eek out clever historical references to your own condition when that condition was your brain going kaput

🏆

E: Is the easter egg that there was a kerfuffle at Palace Chop House after Dutch died?

Or the sunken treasure

To be clear i'm not being sarcastic