Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I taught my cat to jump between two chairs while pointing when she was 3 years old, and I tried it again 12 years later today and she remembered the trick. I guess its less of a trick and just an easy way to get some ham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Caesar Saladin posted:

Won't let me brush her and keeps attacking me, her chest all matted

Matted fur can actually hurt them. If you can't brush them out, get to a groomer or vet to shave them out. :saddowns:

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
My foster tuxie keeps chasing her tail in the bathtub. It's very cute.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Carth Dookie posted:

Matted fur can actually hurt them. If you can't brush them out, get to a groomer or vet to shave them out. :saddowns:

I can usually get it but was just being a real motherfucker about it. I just slide a comb under it and chop it off. She never used to get them but she's just getting old I guess.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Caesar Saladin posted:

I can usually get it but was just being a real motherfucker about it. I just slide a comb under it and chop it off. She never used to get them but she's just getting old I guess.

Yeah happens when cats get a bit older and a little less flexible. Harder to groom themselves.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mx. posted:

my cat requires the perfect mix of two different types of litters that he can carefully shape into a single pile otherwise he will poo poo on the floor

I'm the same

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Barfed up his breakfast and then immediately came up to me and started pawing at me and begging for pieces of my bacon

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Toxic Mental posted:

Barfed up his breakfast and then immediately came up to me and started pawing at me and begging for pieces of my bacon

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Complained to me that the food in her bowl is almost a day old. She does that every day

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

pooped and then sat on me so his bhole was right on my pants and now my pants have a poop stain on them

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

TK8325 posted:

pooped and then sat on me so his bhole was right on my pants and now my pants have a poop stain on them

that's called a starfish stamp

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

my cat tried to climb to my lap from my desk but she failed miserably

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I'm constantly dealing with matted hair because Bonesaw has super thick and long hair. If I miss even a couple days with the rake he can get a giant one basically overnight. annoying af

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

TK8325 posted:

nice try, blaming your cat

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Woke me up with this face

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

My cat did what he does almost all day every day, whine and cry until I come to the stairwell where he'll receive pettings and he'll try to slowly lure me to the bedroom upstairs where he can flip around on his back and chase after imaginary things in the blankets.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Goofus crawls into the box full of Christmas ornament packing paper and howls for ten minutes when she isn't able to attack the dogs from inside.

Gallant sits by the tree and poses handsomely

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Mx. posted:

my cat requires the perfect mix of two different types of litters that he can carefully shape into a single pile otherwise he will poo poo on the floor

The boxes are emptied daily, but a few years ago during some family stress, they were forgotten once or twice for a second day. Her response was to protest poo poo in the shower.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Sneezed on my phone while I was sleeping, had to wipe crusted-on goop off the screen when I woke up.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Got to lick the bowl after I was done mixing tuna and mayo for my sandwich.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

super sweet best pal posted:

Got to lick the bowl after I was done mixing tuna and mayo for my sandwich.

PAY THE TAX

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Screamed at me for breakfast. Ate his breakfast too fast. Threw up on the rug. Why is it always the rug?

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
That rug really ties the barf together

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I found putting a paper plate under the cat so they throw up on that worked well enough that my cat now aims for paper plates. Do not eat food on a paper plate they are for cat pukes only around here, well not unless you want the cat to run up to you in a panic and throw up.

Maybe this will work for you, my goal was just make cleanup easier that time never train him or else I would have done like a paper towel or something, but at the time I had a lot of paper plates and no dishwasher.

The first challenge is getting the cat not to run away as you go near them while they are hacking something up.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

floors all wood, cat always runs to the rug to barf

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Claw/claw/bite for 1d2-1 damage.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Thrown up right next to her own food bowl. At 6am.

Guarded the towels by sleeping on them.

Head-butted a wooden pantry door because it took more than 3 seconds to put food in her bowl.

Walked away from the bowl without eating.

Diagnosis: Cat.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
I woke up to her snuggled in my arms. She looked up at me, mewed, slow blinked and then stretched… and caught her claw on my eyelid.

And then I had to go put antibiotic eye drops in immediately. Thanks Pazuzu.

She is going to get her claws trimmed this evening.

HellOnEarth fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Dec 5, 2023

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Took a poo poo so stinky I had to light three candles to not gag. Dunno how a 7lb cat can make such a big smell.

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:
Christmas came early for us, in the form of a 10 week old kitten who made the mistake of wandering into our yard after he was most likely dumped. He's a pretty good ornament, but he keeps attacking the disembodied Santa head. How are we to send a warning to other santas to stay away if he keeps trying to eat it?

Oh Goergeous George, you did make 2023 so much better for all of us.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Gorgeous George indeed!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

MakaVillian posted:

Gorgeous George indeed!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Miss Tilly is sleeping on a present under the tree

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Sat still for just long enough me to snip off a bad fur tangle he had under his arm.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Charles Bukowski posted:

Sat still for just long enough me to snip off a bad fur tangle he had under his arm.

Good boy.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Roundup Ready posted:

Took a poo poo so stinky I had to light three candles to not gag. Dunno how a 7lb cat can make such a big smell.

Might want to get that checked. Our old cat's poo poo smelled foul when her bowels started to fail.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Vakal posted:

Might want to get that checked. Our old cat's poo poo smelled foul when her bowels started to fail.

Our cat's shits turned nuclear when he got diabetes.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

just loving walked all over me for like 20 minutes in bed purring, occasionally trilling, and then walking over me, laying down for 60 seconds, then walking all over me some more.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Vakal posted:

She's old as hell, but was just at the vet recently and all her blood work and urine tests came back clean. Thanks for the concern though!

Edit: oh yeah, and we brought them a Tupperware with a turd for testing as well. That was fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Aw, her little nose/lip freckles :kimchi: