Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Outrail posted:

It's Eeyore with a camera up his arehole. A poor tail replacement but desperate times and all that.

Oh bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Outrail posted:

It's Eeyore with a camera up his arehole. A poor tail replacement but desperate times and all that.

gently caress me DEAD

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Shouldn't have messed with Pooh's honey Cartel.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

It's all about dropping sticks off the bridge and seeing which one comes out first the other side first.

In essence.

That's what I learned from Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, and that Christopher Robin oval office.

Hydrodynamics.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dZ8Yat5BLI

sry

ur welcome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWAMsIxwt60

Blow fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Dec 5, 2023

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Did someone say TISM dropped a new song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3t4SdNO4aU

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Inceltown posted:

All it's missing is Jock's crunching bass... Otherwise, it's fine.

ANYWAY. since AUSGBS doesn't give a poo poo about my cycloneposting, I am gonna move it here!

SEVERE TC Jasper upgraded it's angry rear end to Cat#3 earlier today and is enormous!

Sill heading towards Queensland and could strenghten more. So this'll be one to watch.

Jasper is BIG.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Thankfully it looks like it will make landfall where there is nothing to damage though - just Queensland.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

All it's missing is Jock's crunching bass... Otherwise, it's fine.

ANYWAY. since AUSGBS doesn't give a poo poo about my cycloneposting, I am gonna move it here!

SEVERE TC Jasper upgraded it's angry rear end to Cat#3 earlier today and is enormous!

Sill heading towards Queensland and could strenghten more. So this'll be one to watch.

Jasper is BIG.

Fuuuuuck

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Here's hoping it peters out if it hits landfall. That's a monster.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Inceltown posted:

Thankfully it looks like it will make landfall where there is nothing to damage though - just Queensland.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

So far the BoM is predicting a landfall in the Mackay region next week.

It's too early to tell where, or how strong it will be then, or whether it will stay on track to hit the coast, but the modeling is suggesting this so far.

Jasper is likely to be a Cat#4 by now, though it hasn't officially been upgraded. Some modeling suggests it could become a #Cat5 tonight, thankfully it is also predicted to weaken slightly by the weekend. At this point, it is unlikely that it will reach the coast as a #4 or #5.

Last night's satellite picture shows more definition and structure.

Here is a great up to date series of satellite images (Taken every ten minutes), hit the slider at the bottom, you can see the eye forming.
http://satview.bom.gov.au/

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Such a long way from Jasper to Wee Jasper. Hope that the little tyke can travel and the parent doesn't have to go all the way south.

ne: pic of Wee Jasper

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I should be flying past Jasper tomorrow, will file a trip report if the plane gets sucked in and we end up in flying monkey Oz instead of derro Oz.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Inceltown posted:

Such a long way from Jasper to Wee Jasper. Hope that the little tyke can travel and the parent doesn't have to go all the way south.

Oh yeah, that's a super long hike. Glad to see Jaspers looking to keep fit and healthy!

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

I like it

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

It's about the only good thing in the greater area now that they've taken the M Yass sign away.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Just found a place that does a kilo of pipis

https://www.kickininn.com.au/

Whenever we went to Hervey Bay to visit my grandparents as a kid we'd rent a dingy and go to Circle Island and dig up pipis on the beach and grill 'em up on a little public barbecue there. I haven't had one in like twenty years

This place seems cool; it's like an Islamic Cajun chain? I assumed shellfish wasn't halal but apparently not, no probs with them tasty bugs

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Dec 7, 2023

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Is shellfish halal? posted:

Yes, Seafood is considered halal according to “The Qur’an verse 5:96” which states “Lawful to you is what you catch from the sea and use for food as provision for yourself and the travelers”.

But much like the Bible, certain leaders speak against the book's teachings, or interpret them to their own preference.

Religion, right? Whaddayagunnado?

Maximum Sexy Pigeon fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Dec 7, 2023

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

But much like the Bible, certain leaders speak against the book's teachings, or interpret them to their own preference.

Yeah, unlike the Anglican church or the Catholic church, there is no single figure who interprets the meaning of the Qur'an for Islam's followers.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Religion, right? Whaddayagunnado?

Ignore it if you can and do some persecution if they won't let you

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

You tell that to my old dad, climbing over the rocks of Fingal Bay with a flat blade screwdriver in search of the sweet sweet oyster meat

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
One of my favourite things of Islam is that its hosed up to refuse haram food. Being nice and hospitable generally supersedes dietary religious law

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

The Peccadillo posted:

One of my favourite things of Islam is that its hosed up to refuse haram food. Being nice and hospitable generally supersedes dietary religious law

Buying yourself a bacon cheeseburger: Haram
Buying bacon cheeseburger for your friend: Good to go

Fantastic loophole imo

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Catholicism has a great one with confession.

Be bad? Confess, all good now bro.

Religions have so many loop holes it cracks me up. Humans always find our ways around those rules.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Whoforthenwhat posted:

Catholicism has a great one with confession.

Be bad? Confess, all good now bro.

after God slammed the door on the former loophole of Indulgences

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Jasper update provided by Higgins Storm Chasing

And this song keeps dropping in to my head every update.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbVxsph-16s

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

I'm predicting a fizzer. Cyclones are like magpies, if you see them coming then nothing happens. If they sneak up on you then there's trouble. So Willis Island might get hosed up, so what? It's just the place P&O sails to so you can buy duty free Bundy back in Brisbane.

d: I am not a meteorologist, or a customs officer

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Might enlist the services of Alan Wilkie on this one

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Chrpno posted:

Might enlist the services of Alan Wilkie on this one

someone get tim bailey an account

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Chrpno posted:

You tell that to my old dad, climbing over the rocks of Fingal Bay with a flat blade screwdriver in search of the sweet sweet oyster meat

Fingal Bay?

More like Fingal Head.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Inceltown posted:

I like it.

:350:

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

They're about to drop a new EP on the 15th.

It doesn't have that song on it.

Typical TISM fuckery.

Ah, as I was posting this, Higgins updated:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
TISM, as eloquent as ever.

Also man do they know how to put on a good gig.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Invasive Argentinian scarab beetles being mistaken for Christmas beetles

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

The War On Christmas goes to new lengths

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

It was about this time last year I saw the first Christmas beetle I'd seen in years. Maybe that's why people don't realise they are iridescent and coloured red and gold.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I can't get over how you'd mistake that bland brown thing for the shiniest bug known to man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008