Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I never understood why beans is meat fuckin mushrooms are more meat than a bean cmon :canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Mad Hamish posted:

Posting for Americans and other strange creatures.

Can't believe Canada made food woke :freep:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
fellas, is it gay to eat bread?

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

I never understood why beans is meat fuckin mushrooms are more meat than a bean cmon :canada:
It's because they're inherently savory except sometimes they aren't.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Seems like pizza could encompass all food groups on one pie.

Uh yeah that's why it was healthy?

mexican willie
Mar 17, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

Hell, I remember "part of a complete breakfast" being eggs, toast, milk and OJ and even at like 5 years old I'm thinking "if I'm getting all that wtf do I need cereal for?!"

Milk and OJ? Do they mix?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

Protein.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

mexican willie posted:

Milk and OJ? Do they mix?
Yes! Try it some time!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adlBpykhJLk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUTFxR01__g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLVprm_3D84

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fyy3MoXYGQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ6payHUJ6g

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

It's kind of wild how the first few clips in the first video people are just openly walking around the mall puffing away on a cigarette. It really wasn't that long ago, but it seems difficult now to remember the era when people not only smoked in restaurants/movies/planes/etc. but also just had plain old walking-around cigarettes in public places.

e: also the bygone era when shopping involved gazing at products in fixed displays inaccessible inside glass cases

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

A lot of the fashion I'm seeing in these could still be worn today, even in the first video, which is more than a quarter century old.

Aside from the clear popularity of these malls, there isn't much different from my last trip to my local mall... which was before COVID, so who knows what a wreck that place must be by now.

Biggest nostalgia shot came from the receipt printer screeching in the third video.

Last note: that girl in the weird outfit in video one screams "Gramma made me this outfit and the second I get it off my body I'm never wearing it again."

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/Aftermath_site/status/1731481947627815151

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

doctorfrog posted:

A lot of the fashion I'm seeing in these could still be worn today, even in the first video, which is more than a quarter century old.

It's been a common observation, with various time periods, and it is really interesting to me. Maybe someone who's more fashion-forward than I am can explain it, but there's been a general observation that fashion hasn't really changed significantly since the late 90s or early 2000s. I've been watching old episodes of Mythbusters (a show that ran from 2003 to uhhh... 2016?) and the only out of place fashion is Kari wearing arm warmers at one point.

It's a really weird moment in time, for sure.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Man, he looks like poo poo in that picture.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Animal-Mother posted:

Man, he looks like poo poo in that picture.

Cameras were lower quality back then.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

And reality was actually pretty blurry until about 2011

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Neito posted:

It's been a common observation, with various time periods, and it is really interesting to me. Maybe someone who's more fashion-forward than I am can explain it, but there's been a general observation that fashion hasn't really changed significantly since the late 90s or early 2000s. I've been watching old episodes of Mythbusters (a show that ran from 2003 to uhhh... 2016?) and the only out of place fashion is Kari wearing arm warmers at one point.

Dated? Probably, but would it stand out as dated if you saw her in the street? Probably not.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

This mutated into "the 00s" thread at an alarmingly fast rate

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Briefly, yeah. We met on Myspace.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Grassy Knowles posted:

Briefly, yeah. We met on Myspace.

The legendary Canadian girlfriend...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

mind the walrus posted:

This mutated into "the 00s" thread at an alarmingly fast rate

perhaps the same could be said of the 90s

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
the 90s ended on 9/11/2001

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Watching that poo poo on TV after middle school I do remember thinking in the back of my head "Ok so great this is going to be a big generational dividing line of culture and politics for me. gently caress. Fantastic. Good for me."

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
this is a pretty good book for anyone that lived through the 90s, and thats one of his central theses: https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/557048/the-nineties-by-chuck-klosterman/

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Sweevo posted:

Dated? Probably, but would it stand out as dated if you saw her in the street? Probably not.

I mean…she looks hot to me. :shrug:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Sidley House, Malibu, CA, built circa 1992

Went up for sale in 2021 for $20,000,000; may or may not be a Tiberium processing plant from Command & Conquer.

Gonz has a new favorite as of 16:13 on Dec 8, 2023

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I'm pretty sure I rescued an ancient alien from there in Mass Effect

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Gonz posted:

Went up for sale in 2021 for $20,000,000; may or may not be a Tiberium processing plant from Command & Conquer.

This is just a hoity and/or toity shopping mall in an affluent part of town, built 10-15 years before the upper middle class started to prefer those open-air malls anchored by, idk, Crate & Barrels and Apple stores instead of the usual Macy’s or Dillard’s

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

root beer posted:

This is just a hoity and/or toity shopping mall in an affluent part of town, built 10-15 years before the upper middle class started to prefer those open-air malls anchored by, idk, Crate & Barrels and Apple stores instead of the usual Macy’s or Dillard’s

"There it is, the world's largest cubic zirconium. What an eyesore."

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Reminds me if Bio Dome.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune
It was sent back from the future in a temporal pincer manuever

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Where's the bathroom? Is this the fabled glass house you shouldn't throw stones in?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
20 mil doesn't even get you the ocean front? drat.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

deoju posted:

20 mil doesn't even get you the ocean front? drat.

It does, however, get you unlimited free energy by way of cold fusion. So it all balances out after the sale goes through.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

dialhforhero posted:

I mean…she looks hot to me. :shrug:
It's Kayley Cuoco, who has been professionally hot for like 20 years, so yeah she's working what she's got.

Gonz posted:

Wanna rent this out to old nerds as a Paul Verhoeven themed amusement park.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

dialhforhero posted:

Reminds me if Bio Dome.
Bio Dome is Tillman Water Reclamation Plant

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
What monorail line is it connected to?

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

They left out low rise jeans.

Tbh that look is better than anything current.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Random YouTube recommendation. From the description, "Recorded on April 4th 1990"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3Z5NBywQEU

"Who's it for? Who's gonna see it?"

widefault has a new favorite as of 04:03 on Dec 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Neito posted:

We’re broke and can’t afford new clothes