Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

So all they did with vet tree is move the nodes around, they didn't remove any of the blanks. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
All Consumable Items - Gift Consumable

We added the ability for players to be able to give equipped consumable to other players. For a player to receive an item they need to have the corresponding item slot empty. All consumables, excluding the grimoires, have gained this action.

Special Action (HOLD) - Gift it to another player
When aimed, an outline appears around a player if they are in range. Players can then choose to give the consumable to the outlined player by releasing the Special Action button.

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

"Removed instant toughness depletion on touching fire. Slightly increased base damage, increased both flamers action speed and fire size, removed toughness regen when standing in fire and changed damage to tick higher the longer you stand in the fire to compensate."

It's going to be a long day at work waiting to play.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
big time nerf to bombers and flamers, fire no longer instadeletes all toughness

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
One thing I am curious about is if the stimms will eat into the plasteel spawns in a map, it would be very :fatshark: to stealth nerf plasteel before going on vacation.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

That's a really nice change. Fire was always a little too wild, but the visual clutter of adding a friendly fire source made the problem worse. There's no real reason it should have totally negated any amount of toughness that you had.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It is an absolutely huge change and toughness curios are going to be way more valuable now that you won't suddenly lose 100% from a bomb lobbed at your feet.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!
Looks like the new eviscerator is basically just Kruber's executioner sword :getin:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Chainaxe basic attack rips through maniacs like nothing else now.

E: Seriously Fatshark, the problem with the vet tree wasn’t the placement of nodes, it was all the blank nodes.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Exodee posted:

Looks like the new eviscerator is basically just Kruber's executioner sword :getin:

This could potentially bring my friend back to DT, seeing at that's his favorite VT2 weapon. I also do need to start a Zealot at some point...

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Back Hack posted:

So all they did with vet tree is move the nodes around, they didn't remove any of the blanks. :smith:

Yeah but the new tree rules, it lets you cut a lot of lovely perks out of your build. It's really easy to get the elites and ogryn damage nodes in the same build, or grab extra ammo, or go all in on all 3 ability modifiers, or build one mean rear end crit shotgun

https://i.imgur.com/aIeBroN.mp4

You can also reach both stamina regeneration delay nodes pretty easily if you go for right or left keystones, which lets you sprint-slide without actaully using up any stamina, or comfortably use deadshot.

Hats Wouldnt Fly fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Dec 5, 2023

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Something like this seems legit for Vet.

And here is one you would've been way too point-starved to take and would work well for a dagger vet.

But yeah the main change just seems to be you can side-step the less valuable nodes with the much more powerful and obvious pick on the same tier and auras are still wildly unbalanced.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Dec 5, 2023

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

tangy yet delightful posted:

This could potentially bring my friend back to DT, seeing at that's his favorite VT2 weapon. I also do need to start a Zealot at some point...
It does have one difference in that you have to activate the special to take out carapace enemies, but otherwise it has essentially the same moveset. It does a ton of damage to Crushers too; I think a well built one might be able to oneshot a damnation one with a special heavy. e: on a crit that is.

Exodee fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Dec 5, 2023

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

Yeah but the new tree rules, it lets you cut a lot of lovely perks out of your build. It's really easy to get the elites and ogryn damage nodes in the same build, or grab extra ammo, or go all in on all 3 ability modifiers, or build one mean rear end crit shotgun

https://i.imgur.com/aIeBroN.mp4

You can also reach both stamina regeneration delay nodes pretty easily if you go for right or left keystones, which lets you sprint-slide without actaully using up any stamina, or comfortably use deadshot.

What's that build look like? Been wanting a good shotty build.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Seems like they nerfed the Crucis Mk II Thunder Hammer's special action significantly.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Devils Affricate posted:

Honestly, I've probably killed more snipers with this thing than anything else

When I'm on my stealth zealot, it's the go to for when you can't see where those drat things are.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

quote:

Catachan Mk III Combat Blade
Increased base power of weapon special jab attack from 150 to 500. Adjusted to attack damage and impact distribution accordingly. Overall this will increase both damage and impact of the attack compared to before.
What is this referring to? The special action on the combat blade is a high-stagger punch with the off hand, and the block-attack is an overhead swing. Are they talking about the heavy attacks? 150 to 500 is a huge damage increase, whatever it is.

e:

quote:

Lucius Helbore Lasguns
You can now hold the primary action button to continuously shoot with Helbore lasguns while in ADS.
This makes it sound like they're full auto now, but that's definitely not the case. If you hold the button long enough (like 4-5s) while in ADS it'll eventually fire on its own, but I think that's how it always worked? Not sure what they changed here.

Devils Affricate fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Dec 5, 2023

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Devils Affricate posted:

What is this referring to? The special action on the combat blade is a high-stagger punch with the off hand, and the block-attack is an overhead swing. Are they talking about the heavy attacks? 150 to 500 is a huge damage increase, whatever it is.

Power is a different stat that also affects damage and stagger. Basically they jacked that up to make the jab do more stagger, and then adjusted the damage down to compensate (resulting in a small net increase in damage, but mostly the big stagger buff they wanted.)

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Maybe I’m not using it right, but it doesn’t look like the new heavy laspistol gets the native headshot bonus the old laspistol enjoys. Without that bonus, not really seeing a point in bringing it over a lasrifle.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Power is a different stat that also affects damage and stagger. Basically they jacked that up to make the jab do more stagger, and then adjusted the damage down to compensate (resulting in a small net increase in damage, but mostly the big stagger buff they wanted.)

Sure, but what "jab" are they talking about? They said this applies to the "weapon special jab attack" but that isn't a good description of any specific attack that the combat blade has.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Devils Affricate posted:

Sure, but what "jab" are they talking about? They said this applies to the "weapon special jab attack" but that isn't a good description of any specific attack that the combat blade has.

the combat blade special attack is a straight jab from the reject's left hand. It also helpfully gives you a free heavy attack with your next attack, makes heavies much easier to spam.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

Devils Affricate posted:

e:

This makes it sound like they're full auto now, but that's definitely not the case. If you hold the button long enough (like 4-5s) while in ADS it'll eventually fire on its own, but I think that's how it always worked? Not sure what they changed here.

I'm guessing it means that once you expend the charge shot holding down M1 will just charge the next shot immediately

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Evil Kit posted:

the combat blade special attack is a straight jab from the reject's left hand. It also helpfully gives you a free heavy attack with your next attack, makes heavies much easier to spam.

Ok, I'm dumb. By "jab" I thought they meant a stab from the knife, not like a boxing jab. It just now occurs to me that that's probably the more common definition of the term.

uncalled for!
Dec 26, 2006

the new eviscerator looks really cool chopping into people but it feels like there's this weird lag to some of the swings that's throwing me off

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

skaianDestiny posted:

What's that build look like? Been wanting a good shotty build.

I was just fiddling around in the psykanium seeing how much crit I could add to my previous build. I haven't had time to play a full game, so I can't vouch for this build live.

It probably needs some adjustments. I'd really like the stam regen delay since I'm using deadshot, but I'm already stretched pretty thin.

Fun tip: hold right click while loading slugs and you'll skip the pump animation

Hats Wouldnt Fly fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Dec 5, 2023

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
new level is really good, imo. Lots of cool fighting arenas, but also lots of open spaces for zealots to screw themselves with :P

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I think they need to add more stims to levels. The potion-anxiety is inevitable but I think if players begin actively walking past stims because their slot is already full it'll incentivize their use, or at least give players the pick of their favorite.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Back Hack posted:

Chainaxe basic attack rips through maniacs like nothing else now.

E: Seriously Fatshark, the problem with the vet tree wasn’t the placement of nodes, it was all the blank nodes.

Does the chainaxe still get stuck in enemies when you do a light attack because that was the thing that was stopping me from using it, not the damage.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I don't know how they're distributed in other levels yet, but in the new one it felt like there was a wealth of them at the start and then nothing after we went underground.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Kibayasu posted:

Does the chainaxe still get stuck in enemies when you do a light attack because that was the thing that was stopping me from using it, not the damage.

The old chainaxe still does, yes. The new one's moveset has (non-sticky) diagonal cleaves on lights and (sticky) overheads on heavies.

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

uncalled for! posted:

the new eviscerator looks really cool chopping into people but it feels like there's this weird lag to some of the swings that's throwing me off

I feel the same exact way, like it doesn't queue up an attack even if you click right at the end of the swing. With the old one, you can click right in the beginning of a swing, and it'll register as you going for a second swing.

It may as well be a knife with how much you're clicking to make sure you're not dropping an attack

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

MuffinsAndPie posted:

It may as well be a knife with how much you're clicking to make sure you're not dropping an attack

Finally a weapon for me, considering almost every other melee weapon chains another attack past what I intend on actually doing ~20% of the time (and drops my blessing stacks in the process). Don't know what it is with the attack queueing in this game, just feels terrible.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Ok the engineer is Welsh and the new level is amazing. No notes, great update.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I punched a scab rager with the knife special and it stunned him. I did it again and it stunned him again, lol

My first mission had a ton of stimms. My second mission had two stimms throughout the entire playthrough. If they don't pepper them everywhere, people are just gonna hold onto them. Usually when i need them I need my weapon more.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Mendrian posted:

To be honest while I generally agree it's the Vet's job to kill snipers there are definitely times where, if they're playing the wrong build, they will be melee'd to death before they can pull their gun out and kill the sniper who is hiding behind an unending pile of meat. My zealot, who is hardier and generally closer to the sniper, just whips out a revolver and laughs.

I love my plas shouty vet but he is better at cracking the shells of crushers and maulers or something close or medium range. Sniper on the far end of a map I can take out but over super long distance it’s gonna take a bit. Weirdly I do it better with my recon at extreme range. I will tag the hell out of him tho but I feel like I’m taking out more ragers than snipers. Hope I’m not doing it wrong but, by the time my plas is free from the ard Boyz someone else dakka’d the sniper. Two shouty vets is fairly easy street though.

.Z. posted:

It's all about the MK3 Bully Club and being able to stagger anything and everything into submission.

Unrelated, lol at this clip which is my bet for what the director gets stuck on when Fatshark goes on vacation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z01AhVSorUo

Yeah I got a nice bully club and I’m heavy attack staggering all day err day. I dodge and then clown ragers which feels nice after playing my psyker for a bit. Between the stagger of the Club or my slap I feel like Ogryn is like THE perfect big buddy class. The new Achlys Stubber changes are really nice and fits a good niche. Fairly decent at counter sniper which feels… weird.

Also I really enjoy picking up my lil pals. One of my favourite parts of fatshark games is playing the big dumb brother. Sir Kruber 4 lyfe!

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

DogsInSpace! posted:

I love my plas shouty vet but he is better at cracking the shells of crushers and maulers or something close or medium range. Sniper on the far end of a map I can take out but over super long distance it’s gonna take a bit. Weirdly I do it better with my recon at extreme range. I will tag the hell out of him tho but I feel like I’m taking out more ragers than snipers. Hope I’m not doing it wrong but, by the time my plas is free from the ard Boyz someone else dakka’d the sniper. Two shouty vets is fairly easy street though.
The reality is that, regardless of your class if you've got eyes on a sniper and the tools to take him out, then you've just found your priority target - don't wait for the Vet who's likely dealing with his own immediate problems to take it down ( which is the primary reason I carry the Las Pistol when Zealot, or my Purgatus Psyker has Brain Burst ).

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The health nerf to ragers is :discourse:

All of my builds greatly benefit from it, since the weaker attacks can actually take them down and the stronger attacks can go back to one shotting them. Backstabbing a rager and not having them keel over instantly feels bad.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
The new Knife is interesting when compared to the original; light attacks seem identical at first glance, but come out juust a touch slower and lack the vertical swings and thrusts of the mk 3, making it easier to hit multiple targets. The heavy sweeps are barely wider than the lights, but your third heavy attack is a single-target strike that hits harder than the mk 3's heavy strikes, The shove attack is also different; a straight thrust that's a bit harder to connect with.

On Damnation, with blessings/perks set up for weakspot damage, I find that the heavy sweeps are just as effective at one-shotting regular mooks as the Mk 3 as long as you hit the head, so flanking shooters remains the same. The heavy attack pattern takes some getting used to, and I found myself taking hits occasionally due to the slower animations and the single-target overhead. Feels like mixing in your lights to minimize your openings and reset your combo is the way to go. With large targets, you're not gonna be as efficient as with the Mk 3, but you'll still take significant chunks out of them with the heavy swings. Spamming your special/followup might be more effective than just heavy attacks alone.

All in all, I think the Mk 6 makes for a better all-rounder with only mild sacrifices in single-target damage, while the Mk 3 still remains as the top-of-the-line single-target/attack speed weapon.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

ZombyDog posted:

The reality is that, regardless of your class if you've got eyes on a sniper and the tools to take him out, then you've just found your priority target - don't wait for the Vet who's likely dealing with his own immediate problems to take it down ( which is the primary reason I carry the Las Pistol when Zealot, or my Purgatus Psyker has Brain Burst ).

Agreed. My psyker loved to brain burst long distance gunners and snipers in between purging scrubs. Flamers and bombers? I dodge dance then force sword to the face. Only issues my psyker has are groups of ragers and snipers while I’m dealing with mofos. Four plus ragers that I don’t see until the last minute are my bane. At least Ogryn handles it better. Highly recommend everyone taking an Ogryn take the uninterruptable heavy attack talent on their tree. Really worth it especially if you take the various “gain toughness with heavy attack” points on their skill tree. Works with shield, stick and knife.

Side note: playing vet with my carapace and krak armour plus recon gun sometimes if plas is taken. I mean I CAN take down the big guys but it takes almost an entire mag. Why the other vet is blowing up common mobs when harder targets exist I do not know. You guys weren’t kidding about Malice and Heresy sometimes being harder than Damnation solely due to the players. We all have learning curves and I’m still learning but you’d think common sense would dictate “take out those armoured guys first” if you bring a plas. Plas hard Boyz and bring out the Devilclaw for the mobs after a nade.

Second side note: tried both shredder and krak on my grenade regen vet and kinda liking krak more. Explosion isn’t as large but the options of mobs OR that Mauler/Crusher is kinda nice. My plas needed reloading and in came some maulers. Two nades later and back to reloading. Love that pushback on shout. If I’m even decent at this game know you guys helped get me there. Thank you goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!
The new chainaxe seems like it could be pretty good but it's ruined by the fact that it feels like you're hitting enemies with a steel pipe. It basically has the same issue as the old beta version chain sword before they reworked it.