Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which 2023 game do you think will win Something Awful’s Game of the Year award?
This poll is closed.
Dead Space 5 5.10%
Metroid Prime 15 15.31%
Resident Evil 4 17 17.35%
Super Mario RPG 37 37.76%
System Shock 24 24.49%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Noted place people don't live: cities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wanna live on the moon.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I said come in! posted:

That would be bad rear end.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

That would be bad rear end.

Its frustrating to me that this isn't a possibility when it absolutely should be by now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They should set a game in a like mid-sized city that's not really big but still has a bit of urban sprawl.

GTA Columbus

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I said come in! posted:

Be careful, there are wizards up there

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
American suburbs are the worst and I'm glad video games don't respect them

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think Grand Theft Auto VI might be carbrained.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Only if the Duck Tales Moon theme is on loop

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The only accurate depiction of an american suburb in a video game is Zombies Ate My Nieghbors!!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

ImpAtom posted:

Noted place people don't live: cities.

No one lives in cities, cause there's too many people.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Only if the Duck Tales Moon theme is on loop

I approve of this.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
"Please design this neighborhood so there's no streets going through and there's no space for shops so it's completely unwalkable and impossible to install usable transit" -- a lunatic, who, somehow, designed every American suburb for the last 80 years

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ideally all of the towns and cities in America are wiped away and replaced instantly with walkable / disable friendly cities with public transport that is buses and trains everywhere.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
We should replace everything in America with places to Game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Replace bus stops with GameStops

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Every city has to have a times square with a gigantic TV, but its only active when VG is streaming on Twitch.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Make it illegal to put a Smashburger next to a Gamestop because their logos are identical

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Buddy. Were you just born? Everyplace on earth is a place to game.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

RBA Starblade posted:

*nods* that would be epic.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I said come in! posted:

our first moon colonies will inevitably be spearheaded by billionaire manchildren

the terms of the tenancy contract will include fifty years' indentured servitude and allowing the billionaires to bed your spouse & daughters at any time

after three weeks the colonies will collapse and all residents will perish due to no plans being made for food, water, oxygen, or meteorites

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It was a bad joke since cities are the biggest population centers and good settings for games and media, I lived in the outskirts of them growing up and actually going to them was usually for some park festival or parade or whatever. Can't afford to live in one now, just split rent with roommates wherever has been affordable nearish to where I work. I don't have a car and public transportation to the city is not good so I don't get to make it to the city often.

It was a bad post ignorant of the difficulties and realities of residents of cities and I am embarrassed I am sorry.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Hi, hello, I am your resident poster who cares way too much about Mario, and here is an important video about Mario's origins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsCWPserdrs

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izWm-hA5wjc

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Khanstant posted:

It was a bad joke since cities are the biggest population centers and good settings for games and media, I lived in the outskirts of them growing up and actually going to them was usually for some park festival or parade or whatever. Can't afford to live in one now, just split rent with roommates wherever has been affordable nearish to where I work. I don't have a car and public transportation to the city is not good so I don't get to make it to the city often.

It was a bad post ignorant of the difficulties and realities of residents of cities and I am embarrassed I am sorry.

what a pivot

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Khanstant posted:

Thank you.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Khanstant posted:

Apology accepted

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

cities, more like shitties

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

finally something I can agree with

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Hwurmp posted:

What the deuce.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

One thing I don't like is when someone calls their little one-street settlement a "town", buddy that's a village.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

A proper town has two bars, zero post offices, and an interstate running through the middle

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hwurmp posted:

our first moon colonies will inevitably be spearheaded by billionaire manchildren

Yeah this fact makes me sad.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Shard posted:

what a pivot

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Yeah this fact makes me sad.

It should make you happy because they will inevitably go up there to be god-kings and die because they cheaped out on oxygen recyclers or something.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

RBA Starblade posted:

what does the marvel movie funko pop store have to do with Game

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Feels Villeneuve posted:

What the deuce.

Shitties: Poo-line Two

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I for one would rather escape from the city

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

City, city, city, city, city, city, lovely.
lovely, city, lovely, lovely, city, city, lovely.
Hall, hall, hall, hall, hall, hall, hall, hall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

It should make you happy because they will inevitably go up there to be god-kings and die because they cheaped out on oxygen recyclers or something.

That is a pleasant thought to have!