Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.
The Autobuilder is p funny, I took out Amy Chav from ShuriSauron and it replaced her with... Amy Chav

On the other hand, using it on an empty deck just made InSheNaut soooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

NGL I’m avoiding upgrading to the latest version to get a few more games in with America chavez. Rip to an icon.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Hobo Clown posted:

Got it thanks, that makes sense. The tilt was making me angry though and I should have stopped anyway, but it's good to know for future reference.

Cool. Mitigating any bad feels was my goal.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord

ALLAN LASSUS posted:

The Autobuilder is p funny, I took out Amy Chav from ShuriSauron and it replaced her with... Amy Chav

Yeah, it put her in my Wong deck too. Probably just needs a bit to get post-patch data

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Luke Cage nerf is a double extra gently caress you to C2 in particular, to the point that the deck might actually just be dead now. Even beyond the protection he provided, Wong+Hazmat was the only real alternate win-con the deck had if you didn't draw Cerebro. At the very least I think Magik is basically required now just for the sake of consistency.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Shaw seems like a great addition to Surfer decks

AloePieceOfShit
Jan 26, 2020
Throw me in the ring for another person not too happy about this patch. I'm personally a bit worried about the Ravonna buff. More widows and goblins is hardly what the game was missing

Cattail Prophet posted:

Luke Cage nerf is a double extra gently caress you to C2 in particular, to the point that the deck might actually just be dead now. Even beyond the protection he provided, Wong+Hazmat was the only real alternate win-con the deck had if you didn't draw Cerebro. At the very least I think Magik is basically required now just for the sake of consistency.

I usually played C2 as a lane control style deck (echo, goose, storm). With Luke gone I could see switching to more location control, but idk if that extra turn is especially useful for C2.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Dang that's a big patch.

RIP Chavez but she had her time in the sun and it was good, but changing her is probably good for the game overall. They should use her to test weird-rear end abilities that they're of impact since everyone has her, it'd fit her whole multiverse jumping thing. They won't though, now she's just another bad card.

High Evo was sorta everywhere before the patch, Luke's nerf makes me think it'll be even more prevalent. I really only care because I usually don't play Luke in many decks so HE decks were generally a bad matchup, I don't need more of 'em out there. I sorta think Luke should be a 1 cost now so you can play him more reactively but we'll see.

Not nerfing Loki/WWbN directly is pretty surprising, but maybe the Chavez change makes the draws unreliable enough to take it down a notch? But other competing decks are also less reliable now so probably not.

Black Knight probably needed a buff, it'll be interesting to see how that works out since I don't think many people have him so even if he is OP it might take a while to get noticeable. Elsa didn't really seem too strong after her last adjustment but I guess they really want to narrow her usage down to a very specific Kitty/Elsa combo. Alioth seems like a good change, really make priority important. People will still hate him but I think he's in a good place. Also I hate invisible women->Hela or Tribunal so hooray Alioth for those. Renslayer's change might help C3 decks a bit so that's cool. Aero's change seems kinda interesting, maybe we'll see it around a little more.

wyoak fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Dec 5, 2023

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.
What is a good replacement for Amy in ShuriSauron though? I was thinking maybe just some tech card but dunno, stuff like Rogue or Shang might be dead draws too often

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Yeah the auto-builder is good and seems pretty tuned to the meta, although I'd be interested in what it gives to people with a smaller collection. For me with a blank slate it built Destroy, Destroy/Move and InSheNaut, and it also built good-looking decks when told to start with Galactus and Omega Red. When I gave it Adam Warlock it built a Mr Negative deck with the Wong/BP/Zola combo in it which actually looks pretty fun.

Edit: Using it to swap Chavez out of my Loki/Wolf deck just put her back in, but in my Bounce/Wolf deck it gave me Bast instead which seems ok? I've seen it in that deck before anyway.

victorious fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 5, 2023

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
anyone know if they fixed Daredevil?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

ALLAN LASSUS posted:

What is a good replacement for Amy in ShuriSauron though? I was thinking maybe just some tech card but dunno, stuff like Rogue or Shang might be dead draws too often
Alioth

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

wyoak posted:

anyone know if they fixed Daredevil?
Yes they did, it’s in the patch notes

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Shaw seems like a great addition to Surfer decks
I have seen him in three of them already today.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Lol

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Classic C256 hybrid.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

it was, not at all sure Alioth is a playable card at the moment given its massive nerf (e: exacerbated by Shuri's play pattern inhibiting its ability to throw priority)

but, since its the backup to your ideal clone draw, maybe its just some big idiot in a "just play the hulk" fashion? my mind goes to Magneto for the extra disruption given all the high power 3's/4's people are using (WWBN, DH, Sentry, Shaw, etc.)

LGD fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 5, 2023

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Alioth is still fine as long as you have priority

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Wondering how a 2/6 Alioth would work in my Mr Negative deck......

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

and its now a blank 6/2 if you don't

being unreliable and working something like half as often as it used to is a pretty big "if!"

obviously you can do quite a bit in both deck composition and in play to try to throw priority, but that also applies to the opponent and Shuri-Sauron isn't a deck noted for the high degree of flexibility in its play patterns (indeed, it's probably the deck's core weakness)

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Error: GoodStegronBuild.dek not found

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

wyoak posted:

Not nerfing Loki/WWbN directly is pretty surprising

glenn said in discord this patch was locked before Loki's adjustment and WWbN's release

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Shuri/Taskmaster doesn't usually have priority
but there isn't a ton of other stuff that really helps that deck and sometimes you do have priority and Alioth is nice in that case so it's probably fine. Rogue is a good T3 play against lots of decks when you don't draw Sauron, or Echo is really good these days if you have her.

Fate Accomplice posted:

glenn said in discord this patch was locked before Loki's adjustment and WWbN's release
That makes sense. kinda explains Elsa getting nerfed too, she wasn't OP for the last few weeks, seemed like a weird target

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Negasonic is probably better at this point

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Not sure why everyone thinks Chavez is bad now, she's a 2/5 same as Lizard/Medusa/Silk except her "Downside" is much more managable than any of those.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

ALLAN LASSUS posted:

America Chavez was never really a common part of Shuri decks. I get why you'd use her, but looking over Untapped's data, she isn't in any of the Top Cube or Top Played Shuri decks, even ignoring Alioth decks.

https://snap.untapped.gg/en/meta/de...rame=Last30Days

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

CapnAndy posted:

Error: GoodStegronBuild.dek not found

One day...

I dunno, some kind of stupid Stegron/Kingpin/Prof. X core

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
https://twitter.com/rianbowart/status/1732119158148452415

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I want this variant's fart cloud to have little confetti sprinkles

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
I generally don’t buy variants on purpose but I will buy that Alioth

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

I'm sure they'll put it in a nice 100 dollar bundle too

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Kooriken posted:

Not sure why everyone thinks Chavez is bad now, she's a 2/5 same as Lizard/Medusa/Silk except her "Downside" is much more managable than any of those.
not really, you've still got to play that next card to get that 2/5 and that's not always gonna happen, plus she uses twice the board space, but yeah she's not completely unplayable or anything

edit to add: more cheapish on-reveals certainly doesn't hurt WWbN though

wyoak fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 5, 2023

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Kooriken posted:

because you need to draw and play the (random) card her extra power is applied to

so no immediate impact, she's a poor draw late, and there's a very real chance you won't be able to leverage the card she buffed for energy/tempo reasons

its the kind of thing that tends to play more poorly than it reads if you just consider the total amount of potential stats - which are good, but only that, with limited potential to scale/gain extra value

idk, maybe I'll be wrong due to Shaw or w/e, but at the moment she looks like an unexciting and archetype-limited role player who is going to frequently be in danger of getting cut/actually get cut because she's going to be the 11-14th best card

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
The Chavez nerf is a big Howard buff. He's not in a Spotlight until Jan 9 though. Also he's still awful and series 5!

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Canopus250 posted:

I'm sure they'll put it in a nice 100 dollar bundle too

you're thinking too small... you've gotta dream BIGGER.

last reward after spending $200 on the nuverse website monthly whale track.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
This new collections thing is loving stupid

I own 54 Dan Hipp variants and I'm only 7/12. Make this poo poo make sense to me.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Burginator posted:

I own 54 Dan Hipp variants and I'm only 7/12. Make this poo poo make sense to me.

They want you to not notice the mishandling of the game part of it, open your wallet, and spend $200 to get an emote of Venom licking an ice lolly.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Burginator posted:

138 dan hipp variants, so you actually highrolled.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I have been saving my gold like a goblin for the Christmas bundle, but I couldn't pass this up:

Additionally, now I have to figure out a replacement for Luke Cage in my C5 deck. Space for another tech card I guess, but it has to be 5 power or below.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Fate Accomplice posted:

incidentally the doubling bonus on the first gold purchase at each level now appears in the web shop

Yes, but don't buy it in the Web shop. You are now locked in to your local currency - no more discount via Filipino pesos - and they're also charging full app price and pocketing the third party fees for themselves. You're now better off buying through the app store on your device and collecting loyalty points.