Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Scavengers Reign had great performances, especially Alia Shawkat and Wunmi Mosaku. It would not be better without dialogue.

Also that loving salamander panda dick should be played by Chris Pratt in a second season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Nichael posted:

Scavengers Reign had great performances, especially Alia Shawkat and Wunmi Mosaku. It would not be better without dialogue.

Also that loving salamander panda dick should be played by Chris Pratt in a second season.

everyone in it talks like they just had a whole bottle of nyquil. not enthusiastic.

also let's be real, we're watching it for the cool beasties, not the dialogue. get rid of it.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
you can definitely watch it on mute and get the whole story

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

you can definitely watch it on mute and get the whole story

thats true for BCS too

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

thats true for BCS too

Then you'd miss out on the intro guitar tune

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I didn't like the old dude's VA. the women were all great

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

i say swears online posted:

looks like the woke patrol's here

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

you can escape the solar system but you can't escape the patriarchy

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Nichael posted:

why is there an urkel cartoon in 2023

Bet you anything it’s all some back room copyright shenanigans. It will come out there’s some forgotten clause or other in the Family Matters contract that says if the studio goes X amount of years without an Urkel product that the creator gets the rights or the Actor gets more royalties or some such.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

galagazombie posted:

Bet you anything it’s all some back room copyright shenanigans. It will come out there’s some forgotten clause or other in the Family Matters contract that says if the studio goes X amount of years without an Urkel product that the creator gets the rights or the Actor gets more royalties or some such.

Sort of unrelated, but I looked it up and apparently the cartoon does not mention any of the other Family Matters characters at all.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Nichael posted:

Sort of unrelated, but I looked it up and apparently the cartoon does not mention any of the other Family Matters characters at all.

there's a tie in comic book which tells their story. let's just say it doesn't have a happy ending.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

i say swears online posted:

I've probably been watching too much Below Deck, but I was expecting more of a Captain Lee performance.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

there's a tie in comic book which tells their story. let's just say it doesn't have a happy ending.

no let's not just say that, how about you say some more

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

everyone in it talks like they just had a whole bottle of nyquil. not enthusiastic.

also let's be real, we're watching it for the cool beasties, not the dialogue. get rid of it.

Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal

him or Peter Chung. they get it!

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

the two big contenders for replacing Comic Book Movies are
Toy Movies,
Game Movies

comic book movies are following the same trajectory that led to the crash of their source material: over saturation, too many tie-ins/crossovers, and constant stakes escalation from local to universal to quantum threats.

the comic industry collapsed in the 90s and slowly recovered via smaller indie publishers, IP being given to more experimental writers and artists, and smaller more diverse stories appealing to niche audiences

but that formula is impossible to do with AAA tentpole films that require half billion dollar investments and a largest possible audience, so they've attempted a compromise by offloading their properties onto smaller streaming series. the problem is that most of those series are still deeply mired in the Secret Wars uberplot that was one of the final desperate cashgrabs in the original downfall

there's been some success with separate one-offs like Logan, Spiderverse, Deadpool, Invincible, The Boys, etc. stuff like Sandman shows that they're starting to stretch into Dark Horse era weirdness and we could eventually be dealing with The Invisibles, Animal Man, and that Flintstones where Fred admits to ethnic cleansing.

but I don't think anything like Infinity War will happen again anytime soon.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Movie adaptations of indie cape comics would probably face the additional hurdle that, while it's likely for a comic book reader to eventually check out more experimental stuff in the same medium, movie audiences can just switch to different genres of movies.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

:ohdear:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

got too many urkels on your team 'cause your wins low

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Harriette... I killed a kid.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

they need to figure out how to release movies with limited edition holofoil covers

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

indigi posted:

they need to figure out how to release movies with limited edition holofoil covers

That’s what the 3D glasses are.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Durf posted:

and that Flintstones where Fred admits to ethnic cleansing.

you put this part in as a joke, right?

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Pussy Quipped posted:

you put this part in as a joke, right?

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Alright I'm coming around on this whole "comic books" thing

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
This comic was good. The tonal whiplash may seem shocking from random panels but is pretty consistent in context. The running gag is that civilization is new to them and they're trying to keep up with the rapid changes in technology and ideas that surround them.

There was one where someone came up with the concept of monogamy and they were condemned as weird perverts because they abandoned the traditional way of conception, participating in the ongoing orgy in the local sex cave. ("A child deserves several fathers...")

Fred contemplates if marriage is just meant to soothe his anxieties

Then he threatens to abandons the concept when the shaman objects to Adam and Steve marrying.

There's also an ongoing plot about animal exploitation and treating life as a commodity, and the talking animal appliances in the Flintstone home rightfully view Dino as a class traitor.

Knight has issued a correction as of 22:57 on Dec 5, 2023

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
more like bedwoke

e: actually no gently caress the irony this looks pretty funny is this the right version?

https://www.amazon.com/Flintstones-Vol-1-Mark-Russell/dp/1401268374

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Robo Reagan posted:

more like bedwoke

e: actually no gently caress the irony this looks pretty funny is this the right version?

https://www.amazon.com/Flintstones-Vol-1-Mark-Russell/dp/1401268374
That's it. Russell's Snagglepuss adaptation was underwhelming but a good concept to me, mean to read Billionaire Island.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
there are two volumes and they're really good. I'm sure Actual Serious Comic Book people have issues with it but I'm just some idiot who likes a good story.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Knight posted:

This comic was good. The tonal whiplash may seem shocking from random panels but is pretty consistent in context. The running gag is that civilization is new to them and they're trying to keep up with the rapid changes in technology and ideas that surround them.

There was one where someone came up with the concept of monogamy and they were condemned as weird perverts because they abandoned the traditional way of conception, participating in the ongoing orgy in the local sex cave. ("A child deserves several fathers...")

Fred contemplates if marriage is just meant to soothe his anxieties

Then he threatens to abandons the concept when the shaman objects to Adam and Steve marrying.

There's also an ongoing plot about animal exploitation and treating life as a commodity, and the talking animal appliances in the Flintstone home rightfully view Dino as a class traitor.

does anyone have the audio for this? It was from Tumblr

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

that rules

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the cartoon man did a livejournal post . drat

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/ItsNotAdamAtAll/status/1732151381681668152?s=20

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

i hope the multiverse saga retains its narrative integrity while all this politics stuff is happening

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

there are two volumes and they're really good. I'm sure Actual Serious Comic Book people have issues with it but I'm just some idiot who likes a good story.

IME the serious comic book people quite like it actually!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/DEADLINE/status/1731473892148175182?s=20
i can't believe there's one less bob burger in this world

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

guys want that corettussy but they ain't laying that king pipe

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Nichael posted:

https://x.com/DEADLINE/status/1731473892148175182?s=20
i can't believe there's one less bob burger in this world

At least we still have Rick and Morty and Star Trek Rick and Morty.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I actually do find it extremely confusing that the three bob burgers look identical, in a way other shows with the "same style" (say simpsons, futurama) don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

lower decks is good