Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

i tried starfield on gamepass and got to the first combat bit where i shot a guy in the face point blank with a pistol and he did the gamebryo thing where he didnt react and maintained perfect eye contact with me while strafing away and slowly firing and i immediately uninstalled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Scarodactyl posted:

Im playing daggerfall and it's bad.

morrowind in unplayable if you're an adult and can choose to play something else. of course the world is incredible, but you have to interact with the game is the problem. best to leave it within the realm of nostalgia to never be besmirched

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

johnny park posted:

i tried starfield on gamepass and got to the first combat bit where i shot a guy in the face point blank with a pistol and he did the gamebryo thing where he didnt react and maintained perfect eye contact with me while strafing away and slowly firing and i immediately uninstalled

:hai: Gamepass was the only reason I even played it. Did a few story missions and stopped once I realized most of the game is navigating menus

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
in a perfect world they'd just make morrowind again in the redengine. imagine witcher 3 scale game but morrowind. g*ddamn

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Scarodactyl posted:

Daggerfall has moxie.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

morrowind in unplayable if you're an adult and can choose to play something else. of course the world is incredible, but you have to interact with the game is the problem. best to leave it within the realm of nostalgia to never be besmirched

Sad.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

basically bethesda has been huffing their own farts for too long and decided the reason people play their games is definitely NOT because of the sandbox worlds to explore but because of their amazing combat and writing so they amde a game where its just fast traveling from one lovely combat/dialogue to the next then making the loving surprised pikachu face when nobody likes it

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

UwUnabomber posted:

Morrowind is the greatest game ever made. I'll die on this hill.

Been watching :siren:youtube videos:siren: from a guy who has been pecking through installments of Tamriel Rebuilt, plus some other high effort expansion mods, and hearing that Morrowind soundtrack in the background of his clips and watching him talk about how he navigated a little corner and had more weird adventures for 30 hours makes really want to drop everything and plug in Morrowind again with all my eclectic mod preferences.

Oh and he stopped to play this great mod that some insane Russian nationalist made to carefully recreate a defunct Russian military town in Ukraine that he grew up in and it's amazing.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

todd howards image as a Game Auteur when he should be in the bin of forgotten losers with peter molyneux etc pisses me off!!!!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

johnny park posted:

todd howards image as a Game Auteur when he should be in the bin of forgotten losers with peter molyneux etc pisses me off!!!!

Hey now. Fable 2 is still good.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

The morrowind theme guy did the music for Dungeon Siege as well which tracks.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

I played Starfield on gamepass and got to the part where you get to the explorers' clubhouse or whatever, and one of the people offered to show me around the clubhouse, but in Bethesda fashion some script didn't fire off and she just stood there staring into the middle distance. I went back to load a previous save, but that didn't fix it, and then I found out that the gamepass version of Starfield stores its save files in a weird way that you can't actually access the files, and I thought "that's a lovely basket to be putting all my eggs in" and then uninstalled.

Also, lol that it's already 30% off on Steam after only three months

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Correction: a Russian nationalist reconstructed his childhood hometown from Kazakhstan in Morrowind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj80Tg8qVXU

Don't worry, it all fits seamlessly into the Elder Scrolls lore. He's thought of everything.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Scarodactyl posted:

interesting opinion but you're wrong

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Paper Tiger posted:

I played Starfield on gamepass and got to the part where you get to the explorers' clubhouse or whatever, and one of the people offered to show me around the clubhouse, but in Bethesda fashion some script didn't fire off and she just stood there staring into the middle distance. I went back to load a previous save, but that didn't fix it, and then I found out that the gamepass version of Starfield stores its save files in a weird way that you can't actually access the files, and I thought "that's a lovely basket to be putting all my eggs in" and then uninstalled.

Also, lol that it's already 30% off on Steam after only three months

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Morality Systems in games never felt great to me, but at least in Fable 2 to become Epic Evil you had to do hosed up poo poo like eat live baby chickens and rotted food lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Morality Systems in games never felt great to me, but at least in Fable 2 to become Epic Evil you had to do hosed up poo poo like eat live baby chickens and rotted food lol

theres a door in fable that only opens if you are evil and the quickest way to work around this without just being evil the entire game is eat a bunch of live baby chickens in front of it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
and then you eat an equal amount of tofu to become good again

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

one weird trick

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's probably reuploaded somewhere but the original was taken down, and the guy then made a 2nd video explaining how he wasn't actually mad at all, and it was funny that anyone believed he was.

it was called "evidence.zip" iirc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeUf6S_b-_U

This is badass ty

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

and then you eat an equal amount of tofu to become good again

Yeah lol. Like there's no good way to do it & I'm glad games have moved away from this for the most part

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

johnny park posted:

basically bethesda has been huffing their own farts for too long and decided the reason people play their games is definitely NOT because of the sandbox worlds to explore but because of their amazing combat and writing so they amde a game where its just fast traveling from one lovely combat/dialogue to the next then making the loving surprised pikachu face when nobody likes it

He's probably jaded and doesn't even play video games anymore, but sometimes I wonder if he's actually playing Starfield and thinking to himself "Who's laughing now?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xqfC80SRGU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

theres a door in fable that only opens if you are evil and the quickest way to work around this without just being evil the entire game is eat a bunch of live baby chickens in front of it

Lmao fable ftw

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Roth posted:

Been playing Zero Escape since my Danganronpa autism returned but didn't feel like replaying Danganronpa.

i love DR2 a ton but i tried to replay it after a few years and got bored before finishing chapter 1. not really the type of games you can replay imo

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

interesting opinion but you're wrong
They can make me wander around dozens of repetitive dungeon mazes to complete procedurally generated quests but they can't make me like it.
I hope that one in progress VR mod is available soon.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Punkinhead posted:

Lmao fable ftw

*turning away from a smelly dumpster I was just eating from* I am the ultimate evil.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The food stuff in Fable 2 ruled because if you ate any meat or drank beer you'd get fat and ugly but if you ate vegetables and tofu you'd have perfect skin

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nuns with Guns posted:

It wasn't Alec Eiffel harassing Pick, it was "the 2016 lover" who had to close his twitter account because his wife was mad at him endangering her job. The one who used to write for one of the late night talk show guys.

lobster shirt posted:

jack allison

aren't these the same mfer

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The last time I was tricked into watching a 2+ hour video about some Smash Bros. drama it turned out to be nothing and the guy who made the video was pissed off that a kid flamed him on a smash bros forum when they were both like 14. And In Training never even finished it while I sat there for hours half assedly paying attention. gently caress that guy and gently caress IT.

lmao

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Nuns with Guns posted:

Correction: a Russian nationalist reconstructed his childhood hometown from Kazakhstan in Morrowind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj80Tg8qVXU

Don't worry, it all fits seamlessly into the Elder Scrolls lore. He's thought of everything.

Looks like I'm installing morrowind.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Punkinhead posted:

He's probably jaded and doesn't even play video games anymore, but sometimes I wonder if he's actually playing Starfield and thinking to himself "Who's laughing now?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xqfC80SRGU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrIT2wBxb70

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

contracting salmonella poisoning is an inherently evil action.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Also the door that wants you to be fat you just spam pies real fast and he'll let you in

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Danaru posted:

I bought fallout 76 on a steep discount and I still don't think I've played more than an hour

the first game i ever preordered was Fallout 4. it has since been the only game i've ever preordered

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

symbolic posted:

the first game i ever preordered was Fallout 4. it has since been the only game i've ever preordered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iys86OcXPY8&t=34s

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

the only youtube video i wish i could watch on occasion was this weird yakuza 0 video sync'd with nate dogg which i lost and now forever haunts me.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Alaois posted:

aren't these the same mfer

No, unfortunately, there are numerous crazy people who pumped a lot of money into this website hoping to become big name C-SPAM posters. It's like all those popular Harry Potter fanfic writers vying for book deals, except it's internet drama that will never manage to lead to IRL success.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

spare me...

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Nuns with Guns posted:

No, unfortunately, there are numerous crazy people who pumped a lot of money into this website hoping to become big name C-SPAM posters. It's like all those popular Harry Potter fanfic writers vying for book deals, except it's internet drama that will never manage to lead to IRL success.

Jack Allison is extra sad, because he already had IRL success, that he torpedoed chasing twitter and c-spam clout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

symbolic posted:

Oof, my condolences :(