Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
10/7 is 9/11 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

borgnar posted:

lol
lmao

uber_stoat posted:

10/7 is 9/11 2.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
9/11 is the piss and 10/7 is the poo poo

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Azathoth posted:

Chaos is really useful as a book to give someone who is just getting started down this path. Its value isn't in dropping huge bombs (though it has some) but rather in the way it was meticulously documented, both to resist debunking and also serve as a jumping off point to go deeper.

both of my boomer parents really loved Chaos

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1731855993905066074

borgnar
Dec 30, 2018
jesus

that looks like it could've been a gas explosion, but why was there a gas explosion at the very house the cops were rolling up on, also arlington's always gonna make me prick up my ears

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
early reports (lol) are saying the occupant shot a flaregun (lol) and this was the result. again, Arlington is suspect, the whole thing unfolding before police can search the premises is bizarre.

very excited to hear nothing about this until investigative journalists get stuff FOIA'd and then find out the suspect was doing something illegal with/adjacent to a state dept. linked intelligence cutout and then nothing happens

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
apparently it was a duplex so RIP his neighbors.

Zadok Allen
Oct 9, 2023

In addition to this we’re supposed to believe the Israeli government which is equipped with the most sophisticated surveillance technology on the planet didn’t know about the October 7th attacks, like bruh :nallears:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Can't believe they found an intact passport inside the ruins of the house...

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

watch that insider trading he traced back to netanyahu lol

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

BasicLich posted:

early reports (lol) are saying the occupant shot a flaregun (lol) and this was the result. again, Arlington is suspect, the whole thing unfolding before police can search the premises is bizarre.

very excited to hear nothing about this until investigative journalists get stuff FOIA'd and then find out the suspect was doing something illegal with/adjacent to a state dept. linked intelligence cutout and then nothing happens

now now now i don't think we just jump to any *touches earpiece* what's that?

https://x.com/KlonnyPin_Gosch/status/1731910004481908801?s=20

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

bro is looking like he’s close to that colloidal silver tipping point and will be a blueberry next year.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Danger posted:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

it was a hell of a blast

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
It’s always the Moonies.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

im more of the theory that sirhan didn't kill rfk and his gun was loaded with blanks.

with the idea that the cia figured out how to break someone's brain enough to get them to attempt an assassination, but in breaking their brain so bad, they're not a reliable assassin. so instead you use them as a patsy and have a real assassin do the deed.

Lisa Pease's A Lie Too Big to Fail: The Real History of the Assassination of Robert F. Kennedy is a compelling argument on this topic.

A big clue was there were more bullets fired than Sirhan’s gun was capable of holding.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Spergin Morlock posted:

watch that insider trading he traced back to netanyahu lol

Doubtful, it hasn't been good for him, that said...it would be a good reason to get rid of him...

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

A big clue was there were more bullets fired than Sirhan’s gun was capable of holding.

The fake-iest gun in the west

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Ardennes posted:

Doubtful, it hasn't been good for him, that said...it would be a good reason to get rid of him...

I'll remain agonistic on who knew what when, but I'd lean towards Netanyahu not knowing, if only because he didn't set up a fall guy when it's obvious that this would have immediate and predictable blowback. Seems more likely that, given the reporting so far that Israeli intelligence was aware of the plot and the government overall dismissed it, this is some connected people deciding not to waste an opportunity. It doesn't take more than a couple connected people taking large, inexplicable short positions for word to spread that someone's got insider knowledge of something going down that's bad for Israel and for other folks to start making similar bets, even if next to no one actually knows why they're doing it.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Didn't the Egyptians say they told netanyahu and he just shrugged and walked away?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

fanfic insert posted:

Didn't the Egyptians say they told netanyahu and he just shrugged and walked away?

Maybe a better way to phrase is not that Netanyahu didn't know but that he genuinely didn't think it was a serious threat. I'd accept arguments that he was set up by his own intelligence apparatus, but it's also possible that he just didn't think Hamas could pull it off.

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."

maxwellhill posted:

someone who's good at it needs to code a crawler to archive the posts here and everything linked from them, a couple links deep, since it tends to be the first stuff to disappear from the web

So uh, I messed around and did this - some code is here

It's ugly, but it works.

Scrapes all pages with links (but they are in wall of text) and image links. I didn't go to "deep" on the links though, but I think I can automate parsing all links in the output file and adding them to https://web.archive.org/ programatically anyways, maybe I will do that when I have some time.

Format example:

Just archived this whole thread, dunno if I should share that somewhere here but I can mange if people are interested. For now I'll keep that back-pocket.

gently caress learning to code though, learn how to parse through the void instead.

Rooney McNibnug has issued a correction as of 18:36 on Dec 6, 2023

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
beautifulsoup the cracks and pings out of my brain

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Azathoth posted:

I'll remain agonistic on who knew what when, but I'd lean towards Netanyahu not knowing, if only because he didn't set up a fall guy when it's obvious that this would have immediate and predictable blowback. Seems more likely that, given the reporting so far that Israeli intelligence was aware of the plot and the government overall dismissed it, this is some connected people deciding not to waste an opportunity. It doesn't take more than a couple connected people taking large, inexplicable short positions for word to spread that someone's got insider knowledge of something going down that's bad for Israel and for other folks to start making similar bets, even if next to no one actually knows why they're doing it.

they knew about it and let it happen, they may have thought it would be less successful than it was, but it wouldn't surprise me if this is what they wanted, I also think the commands to murder the civilians, even ignoring the official IOF Hannibal directive, was very intentional too, they wanted as large of a body count as possible to justify their long planned reincursion into Gaza, which is what prompted Hamas to do what they did on Oct 7 in the first place

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the wrecked cars from the music festival looked like they'd been on the Iraqi Highway of Death. cars which the Israeli govt has said they will be "burying to honor the dead." presumably somewhere they will never ever be found and examined.

most of those civvies got mulched by their own government.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

today I learned Daniel Ellsberg worked for Edward Landsdale in Vietnam, lol, haha

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

my bony fealty posted:

today I learned Daniel Ellsberg worked for Edward Landsdale in Vietnam, lol, haha

i vant to suck your blood, ahahah

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Zadok Allen
Oct 9, 2023

Danger posted:

https://x.com/APhilosophae/status/1732910829110956033?s=20

Don’t know how credible this Twitter thread is but holy gently caress lmao

I’m guessing various Deep State factions ordering very public hits on each other for reasons

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zadok Allen posted:

https://x.com/APhilosophae/status/1732910829110956033?s=20

Don’t know how credible this Twitter thread is but holy gently caress lmao

I’m guessing various Deep State factions ordering very public hits on each other for reasons

whats the gist?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

whats the gist?

the twitter thread jumps all over the place but basically the guy whose house blew up was involved in a military/intelligence-linked company that owned deep undersea cables, and it says he got taken out by somebody for some reason

https://nitter.net/APhilosophae/status/1732910829110956033

quote:

Thread 🧵
Remember that house that just blew up in Arlington? Well things are not exactly as they seem.

Hang on, here we go…
c “” maj

Let’s go step by step. The house is owned by a man named James Woo.

Where was James Yoo's house?
844 N. Burlington Street Arlington, VA

Who is James Yoo's father?
James Yoo’s father, Ki Hong Yoo, American University (CIA cutout), wrote plan to retake North Korea with bioagents for President of South Korea in this picture.

Who is James Yoo's mother?
James Yoo’s mother, Anne Shinn Yoo, US State Dept/CIA, Voice of America lead broadcaster for South Korean division of US propaganda mouthpiece Voice of America.

Who was James Yoo?
James Yoo had a long career but his most notable job was a"Head of Global Information and Physical Security" at Global Crossing.

What was Global Crossing?
It was espionage central and an international spying apparatus that is still in operation today.

Who founded Global Crossing?
Gary Winnick founded the company in 1997.

Is Gary Winnick still alive?
Gary Winnick died on November 4th, exactly one month before James Yoo's house exploded.

Who sat on the board of Global Crossing?
Members of the board include Secretary of Defense William Cohen, CEO of JPMORGAN Private Bank Elena Lagomasino, and Assistant Secretary of Defense Richard Pearle Elena was also Gary Winnick's "personal banker"

What business was Global Crossing involved in?
Global Crossing managed inter-continental fiber-optic lines.

GLOBAL CROSSING WAS A FRONT COMPANY AND A GLOBAL SPY NETWORK THAT FOCUSED ON TAPPING INTER-CONTINENTAL FIBER OPTIC LINES AND INTERCEPTING COMMUNICATIONS BOTH DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL BETWEEN THE US, WESTERN EUROPE, JAPAN, AND SINGAPORE.
https://www.repository.law.indiana.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1413&context=fclj&httpsredir=1&referer=

In 2003, James Woo facilitated of the transfer of ownership of a massive global wire tapping operation.

This image comes from the Indiana link in the above tweeted link

Eric Holder who 5 years later would go on to become Attorney General picked by Obama was key to this deal and he made millions of dollars doing it.

archive.is/lJiOT
Global Crossing Ltd., Bermuda, owner of the Atlantic Crossing (AC-1) submarine fiber-optic cable system now under construction, plans to add three new undersea cables connecting the United States with the Caribbean, Panama, and Japan.

>Global Crossing recently announced plans to build the Mid-Atlantic Crossing, an undersea fiber-optic cable that will connect with AC-1. Service on AC-1, which spans more than 14,000 km and connects the United States, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, and Germany, is scheduled to begin in May 1998. The system will be built in a self-healing ring configuration and use wavelength-division multiplexing (wdm) technology (see Lightwave, June 1997, page 7).

>Pan-American Crossing

>Global Crossing has also announced plans to build a private, 8000-km undersea fiber-optic network connecting California and Panama. The Pan-American Crossing (pac-1) will have landing stations in Mexico and other points in Central America. The cable, which will contain eight zero-dispersion-shifted fiber strands, is scheduled for full commercial service in 1999. It is expected to use wdm technology and include a dedicated pair of fiber-optic cables running between the United States and Panama.

>pac-1 will create the first direct path from Latin America to the United States and Asia without additional transit fees, according to the company. Currently, traffic from Latin America must cross the United States through terrestrial networks before connecting with fiber-optic cables going to the Pacific Rim. Carriers sending traffic must pay a transit fee for the connection.

Global Crossing`s fourth undersea fiber-optic system, Pacific Crossing (PC-1), will connect the United States with Japan. The privately owned and operated system will also be built with a self-healing ring configuration that uses wdm technology. It will have two landing points in both countries, and is scheduled for commercial service in 1999. Marubeni, a Japanese trading firm and partner in the Fiber-optic Link Around the Globe (flag) undersea cable, is also involved in the project.

>The AC-1 cable system was privately owned by Global Crossing. Following the acquisition of Global Crossing by Level3 in 2011 and the acquisition of Level3 by CenturyLink in 2017, the AC-1 is now wholly owned by CenturyLink, as well as AC-2/Yellow, Mid-Atlantic Crossing (MAC), Pan-America Crossing (PAC), South America Crossing (PAC), etc.

>On September 14, 2020, CenturyLink, Inc announced that it had changed its name to Lumen Technologies, Inc.[54] Effective with the opening of the trading day on Sept. 18, 2020, the company stock ticker changed from CTL to LUMN. The CenturyLink brand will continue to be the customer-facing brand for traditional copper-based services. Fiber-based products and services will use the brand Quantum Fiber.[55]

The Kim Dae-jung administration built up country-wide high-speed ICT infrastructure and fostered IT and venture businesses as the future source of growth. In his inaugural address, he expressed a vision for South Korea to advance "from the ranks of industrial societies…into the ranks of the knowledge and information-based societies where intangible knowledge and information will be the driving power for economic development".[43][44] Today, South Korea is one of the most technologically developed countries in the world and has a well-connected cyberinfrastructure which began to be built and fostered under President Kim.

>President Kim Dae-jung in South Korea, who served on the National Committee on Science and Technology before his election, approved $1.1 billion in funds for nanotechnology research. Once in the Blue House, he campaigned successfully to make his country a world leader in the application of IT and broadband communications—which it is today.16

>Kim Dae-jung’s affection for TEIN was manifested many times even after it was launched. At the European Parliament in 2001, the fourth summit of ASEM in Copenhagen, Denmark, in 2002 and on many other occasions, his convictions about cyberinfrastructure became only stronger, more specific, and more realistic. As the first leader from Asia who gave a speech at the European Parliament, he described TEIN as a “cyber Silk Road” realizing “e-Eurasia.”

CYBER SILK ROAD

https://www.asianstudies.org/publications/eaa/archives/kim-dae-jungs-cyberinfrastructure-legacy/

It’s public knowledge that the CIA put Kim Dae-Jung in place.

What we’re looking at is a hit. Murder. Assassination. A very public hit and the second to strike members of Global Crossing within a month.

And it involves the highest levels of government and industry.

GLOBAL CROSSING'S BOARD HAD WILLIAM COHEN (SECRETARY OF DEFENSE UNDER BILL CLINTON), ELENA LAGOMASINA (CEO OF JPMORGAN), AND RICHARD PEARLE (ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF DEFENSE UNDER REAGAN) archive.is/UCJ8V

RICHARD PEARLE WAS ALSO CHAIRMAN OF THE DPB (DEFENSE POLICY BOARD) WHICH DIRECTLY ADVISED SECRETARY OF DEFENSE DONALD RUMSFELD BEFORE AND AFTER 9/11. archive.is/A4cQJ

So what does all this mean?

It means the people responsible for building the cyber infrastructure in Iraq post-invasion, the infrastructure whose point was to provide the US Intel Community with total back door access into not just Iraqs digital communications, but all of Europe’s, are now being killed off one by one.
piped.video/RGgvvwHazJ0

Espionage is a dirty game.

Be Kind To Your Neighbors.

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 22:43 on Dec 8, 2023

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
spook dead so what?

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Shear Modulus posted:

the twitter thread jumps all over the place but basically the guy whose house blew up was involved in a military/intelligence-linked company that owned deep undersea cables, and it says he got taken out by somebody for some reason

https://nitter.net/APhilosophae/status/1732910829110956033

:nsa:

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

do what now?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
guy from northern virginia knew a lot of spooks, then got schizophrenia

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

why do they need to put computers in iraq to spy on europe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

TenementFunster posted:

guy from northern virginia knew a lot of spooks, then got schizophrenia

Pretty sure this was a Jeff Bridges movie