Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

That last Devourment album was sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

You know what ain’t sick as gently caress? NPR!

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I'm seeing Mortician again on Thursday so I'm gonna need a slam tag by then, thanks

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I love dragging my knuckles on the ground while listening to stupid loving cave man music... I'll probably change my av soon anyway so I can put my own gang tag once it's available

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
its wild to think obscene majesty came out 4 years ago

edit: its even worse to think that PBS power trip skit was a decade ago......

CRIP EATIN BREAD fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Dec 6, 2023

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Henchman of Santa posted:

How many people want them?

Am I too late, I would like one.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

You know what ain’t sick as gently caress? NPR!

All Things Considered is slam.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

GIVE ME NETAL THREAD TAG PLS
I never knew its called slam but I'm a fan of what it is. Cryptopsy for life

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Dec 6, 2023

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I look like one of the evolutionary precursors to modern man so I am the perfect candidate to have the slam tag. Plz.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Cobra Commander posted:

I look like one of the evolutionary precursors to modern man so I am the perfect candidate to have the slam tag. Plz.

no you are handsome man

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

thats what he said

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

The official Bolt Thrower website is no longer online

FORGOTTEN EXISTENCE

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Thelema 6 is a pretty dang good Behemoth album.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Sarmat - Determined to Strike

I missed this first time around, just read the Quietus metal albums of the year.

Extremely unhinged jazz tech death with an emphasis on the jazz

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Mr. Pickles posted:

The official Bolt Thrower website is no longer online

FORGOTTEN EXISTENCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZmL94xsMLM

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Only a lurker but I've been digging the recent slam recs a whole bunch so please sign me up for that sweet tag :hellyeah:

Also Floor >> Tarja and I'm not sure Nightwish would even be Nightwish without a strong female vocalist

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

i mean i'll take a thread tag in the spirit of solidarity sucks that its dedicated to a very niche genre of metal but in the end what could be more apropos

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

This is the only slam metal I need

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4J_S3NdIUE

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Gonna listen to slam until I get the gang tag or until I run out of brain cells

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

I will never not listen to this. Peak Internet 1.0

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Nordick posted:

Go listen to their live recordings with Floor, she's a loving phenomenal singer, doesn't really do "that opera poo poo" all that much and has like six times more stage charisma than Tarja and Annette put together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAFxLXqP8UM

I really loving miss Marko too, though
I remember when they first ejected Tarja, and Floor was committed to After Forever, I made an offhand comment on the forums that they should recruit Irene Jansen. One of her friends was apparently a lurker here, saw the post and DMed me, thinking it was weird because Irene didn't even work as a pro singer at all

Still mad they went with Anette Olzon at the time, because Irene would have been a shitkicker with a little work on her stage presence (assuming she wanted the gig at all), but they made the right choice with Floor

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Vulture Culture posted:

Still mad they went with Anette Olzon at the time, because Irene would have been a shitkicker with a little work on her stage presence (assuming she wanted the gig at all), but they made the right choice with Floor

I'm still mad that there's no studio recordings of the Anette songs with Floor. The live version of "Showtime, Storytime" kicks so much rear end.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Radio Paranoia posted:

I'm still mad that there's no studio recordings of the Anette songs with Floor. The live version of "Showtime, Storytime" kicks so much rear end.
It is kind of lovely when a band steps all over a musician's body of work with them. Every once in awhile I think about Ripper Owens' time in Iced Earth, and how between two albums he never recorded a single song that wasn't also recorded by Matt Barlow

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Radio Paranoia posted:

The first live album they released with Floor that was mostly stuff from the Annette albums is so loving good. I'd love if they just rerecorded those two albums, as much as I'm generally not fond of rerecorded albums.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Death to false Slam!

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Vulture Culture posted:

It is kind of lovely when a band steps all over a musician's body of work with them. Every once in awhile I think about Ripper Owens' time in Iced Earth, and how between two albums he never recorded a single song that wasn't also recorded by Matt Barlow

They also rerecorded over the original singer's tracks on the first couple albums.

...and thanks for reminding me that The Glorious Burden exists and is so bad.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

im glad people are stoked on the idea of a gang tag, but if you don't like slam metal nobody's pulling your leg. feel free to (pay someone to) make a bolt thrower or power metal one 🤘

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Hammett's Haters gang tag when??

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

i grew up in the 80's and got brainwashed by reagan, gangs are evil and bad and only bad people are in them!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Radio Paranoia posted:

I'm honestly kinda fine just listening to the live versions forever, because their sound production is insanely good. It's got so much weight and punch to it, and it's delightful how much room they give to Marko's bass playing to come through. That said, there are some Anette era songs I'd super love to hear Floor do, like Meadows of Heaven and Slow, Love, Slow.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
oh gently caress I want that gang tag

here is some Bolt Thrower to satisfy the gods of old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXeOHoyfCuc

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

Vargatron posted:

Hammett's Haters gang tag when??

Bitch, I will cut you.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I'm not into slam so I won't be getting that tag, but it looks good and I do "welcome slam to the crew" to those who are into it.

If someone were to make a "Bolt Throwers" tag though, I'd spring for it in a heartbeat. I'd make one myself but sadly I don't have such skills.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Nordick posted:

That said, there are some Anette era songs I'd super love to hear Floor do, like Meadows of Heaven and Slow, Love, Slow.

I would love this too. I walked down the aisle to meadows of heaven :h:

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

H13 posted:

Bitch, I will cut you.

Back in high school, Kirk Hammett was the best guitar player ever to me. I love that man.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Vargatron posted:

Back in high school, Kirk Hammett was the best guitar player ever to me. I love that man.

i think he was born with a wah pedal attached to his foot

goddamn the dude sounds like he's playing double-bass with two wah pedals during any solo

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

ShoogaSlim posted:

im glad people are stoked on the idea of a gang tag, but if you don't like slam metal nobody's pulling your leg. feel free to (pay someone to) make a bolt thrower or power metal one 🤘

I made a smilie a while ago but it’s too tall :smith:

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Bolt Thrower Tag

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Mr. Pickles posted:

Bolt Thrower Tag

"Goons Once Loyal"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Nordick posted:

"Goons Once Loyal"

YEAH, how does one go about paying some dude to make this? Like Fiver and poo poo?

Btw Cancer Culture fuckin rips, I cant believe I never got around to listen to it