Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

"The Swedes Are as if Hit on the Head with Piece of Firewood"
"CROSS-COUNTRY SKIING"

(Sorry, this is the ingresslead, not the headline. So sue me.)

e: The actual article is about how for decades, the Finnish broadcaster has used a synthesizer to add ski and pole swooshes, forest hum, etc. to ski race broadcasts, as well as the cameraman imitating a dog barking in the distance. (Because they can't mic up the whole track.)

ee: Lol this picture

I'm feeling hopeful about the human race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

3D Megadoodoo posted:

ee: Lol this picture

Goddamn he's styling.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm the box of diskettes with the swoosh samples.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

That guy is rad

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Man, don't we all just wish our news people cared this much?

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Unfortunately if the animal is charged with assaulting an officer, it is highly unlikely to get a fair trial

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

This is a kangaroo court!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/betterhn20/status/1731786705215340715

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

quote:

a victory for the plaintiff could be considered "a dangerous ruling for the spy cam industry and for Amazon," because "the court’s analysis could indicate that all surreptitious hook cameras are categorically illegal to sell." That could prevent completely legal uses of cameras designed to look like clothes hooks, Goldman wrote
Oh yeah, just all the perfectly ordinary and innocent reasons a person might want a hidden camera disguised as a towel hook. Like "in-home surveillance". Of the bathroom. Not for spying on people without their consent though. For... bathroom security? Got to make sure no one's sneaking in there while you're away, I guess?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Skibidi zaibatsu

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Possibly the most Atlanta headline you can have:

Cops: Man stole MARTA bus, stopped at Waffle House, Stone Mountain Park

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Platystemon posted:

Skibidi zaibatsu

It was just a mini Camera Head keeping watch

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/yesterdaysprint/status/1732097505725137333

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/GregAJackson1/status/1726494446949404842

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

"At least one in five women, or 18 per cent" now I'm not a mathematician but I'm not sure that's how that should be phrased.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Tokyo taxi driver arrested, accused of running over pigeon

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Body wash is a scam perpetrated by Big Cosmetic.

Soap is enough for anybody.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I hear some hippie types just use baking soda for detergent and white vinegar as conditioner.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Platystemon posted:

Body wash is a scam perpetrated by Big Cosmetic.

Soap is enough for anybody.

Body wash is soap, isn't it? But yeah I use the same liquid soap I buy in three-litre canisters for everything except my hair and beard. (I have a dry scalp so I use tar shampoo.)

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Body wash is soap, isn't it? But yeah I use the same liquid soap I buy in three-litre canisters for everything except my hair and beard. (I have a dry scalp so I use tar shampoo.)
My wife got so mad the first time she used my tar shampoo. One tiny dollop for a huge foamy head of bubbles compared to her super special girl shampoos that needed half the bottle for coverage.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Body wash is soap, isn't it?
Nah, it's some horrible gunk that sticks to your skin and doesn't rinse off like soap does.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Body wash is the two‐in‐one shampoo & conditioner of the skin.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Tiggum posted:

Nah, it's some horrible gunk that sticks to your skin and doesn't rinse off like soap does.

I have that feeling anyway when I travel to some place with soft water. Guess it'd feel even worse with body wash.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Splicer posted:

My wife got so mad the first time she used my tar shampoo. One tiny dollop for a huge foamy head of bubbles compared to her super special girl shampoos that needed half the bottle for coverage.
This sounds like the layers scam all over again, but with expensive shampoo

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tiggum posted:

What the hell? That's what I'm trying to get rid of!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's funny because liquid soap actually leaves far less residue than bar soap because it's already watered down, but people used to bar soap think the feeling of having a thin veneer of soap all over your body is what clean is supposed to feel like so they assume when it's missing they're still dirty.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I use doctor bronners concentrate so that I am covered in a thick film of oil that prevents predators from getting a good grip on me

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

I use doctor bronners concentrate so that I am covered in a thick film of oil that prevents predators from getting a good grip on me

that's just God's love

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Doesn't seem to work for altar boys, though?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The government is using this video as an example of AI voice video in their research.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28trJ24MGF8

The MSJ has a new favorite as of 20:04 on Dec 6, 2023

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

By popular demand posted:

I hear some hippie types just use baking soda for detergent and white vinegar as conditioner.
Usually apple cider vinegar.

Did it a while for my hair but tbh it's not worth the hassle

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Baron von Eevl posted:

It's funny because liquid soap actually leaves far less residue than bar soap because it's already watered down, but people used to bar soap think the feeling of having a thin veneer of soap all over your body is what clean is supposed to feel like so they assume when it's missing they're still dirty.

Liquid soaps are made with potassium salts, which are inherently more soluble in water than the sodium salts of bar soaps.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I don't know what to believe about bar vs. liquid soap. I'm not going to start bathing until it all gets sorted out.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Antigravitas posted:

Reichspogromnacht is not even a holiday but a day of rememberance. So I assume they had also planned to make a crispy promotion on the Volkstrauertag, the day of commemorating the victims of war and oppression.

They pulled their data from a calendar that includes official days of remembrance in whatever country, set up a bot for the German market, and let it ride until it became embarrassingly clear that nobody thought to check that maybe there might be holidays and observances that don't warrant a promotional fried chicken event.

Doing the bare minimum of research to make sure your advertising campaign isn't horrifically offensive in the target market seems like a no-brainer, but what do I know

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Lobok posted:

I don't know what to believe about bar vs. liquid soap. I'm not going to start bathing until it all gets sorted out.

:f5::mods:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

venus de lmao posted:

Doing the bare minimum of research to make sure your advertising campaign isn't horrifically offensive in the target market seems like a no-brainer, but what do I know

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...s-10072070.html

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Good god my dude

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Milo and POTUS posted:

a big fat bottle of the Doc's is all anyone really needs.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Milo and POTUS posted:

Dr. Bronner is some good soap. Soap up your body with the peppermint soap and it feels like you've got your own tiny manservant fanning your skin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Dr. Bronner is some good soap. Soap up your body with the peppermint soap and it feels like you've got your own tiny manservant fanning your skin.

peppermint dr bronners is great after a multiple hour workout too for the tingly numbing it offers