Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

https://x.com/brandontierney/status/1732411837793390705?s=46

It’s sports radio but still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

please keep king

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

For all the talk of Cohens money and stearns being good, I’m worried that the Mets won’t get any big names

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

mcmagic posted:

please keep king

Yamamoto is younger than King, I'm fine with it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nodoze posted:

Yamamoto is younger than King, I'm fine with it

speaking of

https://twitter.com/jaysonst/status/1732392330454253753

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Seems obvious the Yankees got Verdugo to reroute to San Diego as part of this deal, right?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Eric the Mauve posted:

Seems obvious the Yankees got Verdugo to reroute to San Diego as part of this deal, right?

My hope is yes, or some other kind of flip, but the answer seems to be no :barf:

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

TV Zombie posted:

For all the talk of Cohens money and stearns being good, I’m worried that the Mets won’t get any big names

didn't they already say it's a rebuild year and don't expect anything

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Eric the Mauve posted:

They said today they are keeping him.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Needed to find a replacement for the Domingo German ick factor

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

Gorman Thomas posted:

Barely got any work done today. Couldn't stop fantasizing about stuffing sports writers into lockers.

And now guess what has happened to my Wednesday...

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Yankees badly needed OF help so I don’t get why they would flip Verdugo even if they do get Soto

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Boy that Mookie trade continues to pay dividends huh

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Athletic is reporting that the Cubs are not officially out on Shohei but are basically moving on, as I expected.

https://x.com/PJ_Mooney/status/1732228739814092827?s=20

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Why did the Orioles sign Kimbrel? I know bullpens are essentially a slot machine pull year to year, but their backend was elite in 2023

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Mike_V posted:

Why did the Orioles sign Kimbrel? I know bullpens are essentially a slot machine pull year to year, but their backend was elite in 2023

Their closer got TJ

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is Bautista even going to be able to pitch next season?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

Athletic is reporting that the Cubs are not officially out on Shohei but are basically moving on, as I expected.
We tried!

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Eric the Mauve posted:

I doubt it. There have been so many rumors of the Padres wanting to throw in Grisham and his $5M in the deal with Soto. Why would they want to take Verdugo's larger $9M salary?

waffy
Oct 31, 2010

zoux posted:

Is Bautista even going to be able to pitch next season?

AFAIK they expect him to miss all of 2024.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Giving up both King and Thorpe for 1 year rental would be painful but the Yankees are also really desperate and likely think they need to get Soto at any cost.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

mcmagic posted:

Giving up both King and Thorpe for 1 year rental would be painful but the Yankees are also really desperate and likely think they need to get Soto at any cost.

Why not just wait another year to contend?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

General Dog posted:

Wait another year to contend is not the Yankees' business model.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

General Dog posted:

Wasting another year of Judge and Cole isn't ideal

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
How many titles do they need? The Rangers could let everyone go now and go another 30 years without a title before I start checking my watch again.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Nodoze posted:

Wasting another year of Judge and Cole isn't ideal

It's this. They already wasted a couple of years of Judge's prime stupidly resetting the luxury tax and who knows how long Judge and Cole will be able to perform at elite levels.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

General Dog posted:

How many titles do they need? The Rangers could let everyone go now and go another 30 years without a title before I start checking my watch again.

Yankees fans were melting down at the thought of a single season in 3 decades under .500

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

https://twitter.com/BobKlap/status/1732444301777383530

General Dog posted:

Judge and Cole have won nothing, so it would be nice to get them rings

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nice

I love seeing great players go to the Yankees

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

waffy posted:

AFAIK they expect him to miss all of 2024.
Yeah I don’t think he had surgery until like September?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Yankees fans were melting down at the thought of a single season in 3 decades under .500

They either are contending for a title or they aren't and they haven't been a legitimate title contender since 2017-18 which is a while ago at this point. No yankee fan cares about the under 500 number.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/1732438056425177092

All coming together

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I think it's ok to trade Michael King for Juan Soto

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I assumed there Phillies would be in on him but no rumors at all is sad

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

mcmagic posted:

No yankee fan cares about the under 500 number.
I wouldn’t be so sure about that, guess the Yankees just have to do it and find out

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Seems like it's all but official at this point

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/1732449035657609660?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/1732449176875589657?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Dec 6, 2023

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

I think it's ok to trade Michael King for Juan Soto

It's the exact same situation as the Rodgers to the Jets deal PF. lovely GM is completely desperate so he has to overpay for a player to try to save his job despite what the actual market is. Hopefully it turns out better.............

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

https://twitter.com/JackCurryYES/status/1732447431143391589

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Fuckin Yankees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
So after all that, the Yankees only got Preller to give up the unnamed, presumably depth pieces