Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

I feel like the comedy option is Toto himself...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I did submit a complaint to the FIA but it was the same one I have sent for the past 2 years regarding the corrupt Michael Masi and unfair treatment of Sir Lewis Hamilton.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

You can see just how much of an influence DTS is having on this sport because this is the world's biggest nothing burger and they're trying to turn it into copygate meets 9/11

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

net work error posted:

I did submit a complaint to the FIA but it was the same one I have sent for the past 2 years regarding the corrupt Michael Masi and unfair treatment of Sir Lewis Hamilton.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

It's either Red Bull because Horner likes loving with Toto, or it's Ferrari doing some petty revenge for Vegas.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

https://x.com/alfaromeostake/status/1732461403850604715?s=20

really surprised they all posted it. no-one could have seen this coming.

"This one weird trick to smoke out the snitches"

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

Elendil004 posted:

lol so who didnt make a statement? Who was the rat team?

It’s like those websites that can’t tell you if they’ve turned your data over to law enforcement but they CAN tell you if they haven’t

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

e: beaten like alfa

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

what in the hell are they talking about

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

motor racing

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

It's all my fault. Few weeks back I made a shitpost about how there wasn't a juicy/drama thing going on lately.

It is obvious Toto/Horner/FIA read this here thread for ideas to stir up the offseason.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Andretti did it to make way for his own team. Calling it now.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Nice take.

Rumor is he is backed by the mob.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Then Mercedes is the only team not to issue that statement. Hmmmmmmmm

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

refleks posted:

Andretti did it to make way for his own team. Calling it now.

are there any W series team owners who would be pissed about the F1 Academy?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Then Mercedes is the only team not to issue that statement. Hmmmmmmmm

My god, he is attempting to pull off the double-reverse-puppet-master troll.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
toto snitched on his wife because he didn't like her horning in on his turf

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

the milk machine posted:

toto snitched on his wife because he didn't like her horning in on his turf

his first marriage is to the rulebook

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
It was Franz Tost dropping a grenade on his way out the door. Pretty obvious if you think about it.

FAUXTON posted:

his first marriage is to the rulebook chequebook

It's this one.

wzm
Dec 12, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

his first marriage is to the rulebook

since when did any of the team principals care about their first marriages

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

wzm posted:

since when did any of the team principals care about their first marriages

lmao

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Question for thread: Has an obviously #2 driver on a front-running team ever won a wdc?

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

SocksAndSandals posted:

Question for thread: Has an obviously #2 driver on a front-running team ever won a wdc?

Nico Rosberg

Also Lewis’ 1st

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

is "Formula 1 2023 Off-Season: We can confirm that we have not made any complaint to the FIA regarding the allegation of information of a confidential nature being passed between an F1 team principal and a member of FOM staff" too long for a thread title?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

Oh look there's now an American team in MotoGP. I'm sure given they're running year old not-american bikes their entry will be with humility and tact befitting their...

*sigh* it’s a reference to a Nicky Hayden test livery at Ducati because Justin Marks is a big fan of the Kentucky Kid. I doubt they even test in that livery.

TheBacon posted:

Nico Rosberg

Also Lewis’ 1st

Not Lewis’ first but his rookie year when Kimi wound up winning. 2008 his teammate was Fast Heikki.

Senna’s first as well would count, too.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Oh right should have been Lewis’ first but for the overwhelming passione

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

The accusation is that the Wolffs talked about work and passed information that was supposed to be secret/privileged/confidential between each other in a way that presumably gave one of them an advantage, but it’s unclear whether they mean Susie told Toto something she’d found out from the FIA while running F1A or if Toto told Susie something from Mercedes that somehow helped her with her role.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

TheBacon posted:

Nico Rosberg

Also Lewis’ 1st

One could argue that Keke was No2 to Reutemann in 1982 before he retired after only two races because Malvinas son Argentinas.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

*sigh* it’s a reference to a Nicky Hayden test livery at Ducati because Justin Marks is a big fan of the Kentucky Kid. I doubt they even test in that livery.

Hah fair enough.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Theophany posted:

Walter Rohrl is a stone cold legend. This film had better not sully that with some Adam Driver grade Hollywood fucktalian horseshit a la House of Gucci.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a15089939/what-id-do-differently-walter-rohrl-interview/

quote:

C/D: After rallying, you went racing, including Trans-Am in a 510-hp Audi 200 Quattro. That must have made circuit racing exciting.

WR: I never had the satisfaction on a racetrack like on a rally stage. Well, maybe once, at Niagara Falls in 1988. It was a city race, very bumpy, two and a half hours long and all these big concrete walls. That was something more like rally driving. I remember after practice somebody saying: “Have you seen this German guy? Tomorrow he won’t even manage three laps, he’s so close to the walls.” I lapped everyone except Scott Pruett to win. It was the one moment I was truly happy with race driving.

lmfao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

What other severe Germanic drivers can Daniel Brühl play in film adaptations of historic races/seasons

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Brad Pitt.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

harperdc posted:

so you're saying there's still a chance that the real livery will just be Pitbull's face

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Alaois posted:

What other severe Germanic drivers can Daniel Brühl play in film adaptations of historic races/seasons

In another 5-10 years he can play Toto

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

the milk machine posted:

In another 5-10 years he can play Toto

Toto is so far up his own rear end, not even the goat man could play Toto.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Alaois posted:

Does he off-piste ski?

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

https://twitter.com/LukeSmithF1/status/1732815499136848233

The Muhammed Ben Sulayem attempting to drive an F1 car in a straight line of investigations, it seems

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Somebody get Flavio and Montezemolo on the phone. We're putting the band back together.

https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1732420210416623921

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

They're going to get Bernie back in to knock the teams into shape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

They're going to get Bernie back in to knock the teams into shape

Bernie was never with the FIA

so they should re-animate the corpse of Max Mosely is what I'm hearing.