Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
In order to make the event more interactive, I cheated myself a bunch of snowballs that I will only use for rerolling and attacking. I consolidated all the producers into two of them so now every now and then when I check it, I will have an upgrade ready. Instead of, you know, never. And now I can attack whenever I want to try out different setups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I got a few [ ? ] resources in T3 village and can't figure out what they need. I see "Joy" referenced in the prayers page but can't figure out how to generate it. Hint?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

You need to be above 125% happiness iirc. The more the better

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
That did it, thanks! In retrospect I should have thought of that.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Excuse me I need how much?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I just started Gooboo and it mentions players on mobile devices; does this work okay on a phone? I just assumed it only ran on a desktop browser which is why I was hesitant to get started with it before.

Edit: looks like it runs fine but there isn't a cloud save option that I can tell which would complicate things.

Edit 2: Game's gonna make me solve math problems for upgrades?

explosivo fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Dec 1, 2023

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Hey, is FAPI crashing constnatly for anyone else this morning? It was running fine last night.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

explosivo posted:

I just started Gooboo and it mentions players on mobile devices; does this work okay on a phone? I just assumed it only ran on a desktop browser which is why I was hesitant to get started with it before.

Edit: looks like it runs fine but there isn't a cloud save option that I can tell which would complicate things.

Edit 2: Game's gonna make me solve math problems for upgrades?

The math problems are only for Time Skip currency, and you can just click the hourglass while on that page to manually convert the exam passes into the minimum amount you would get doing the math problems. The books, which automatically come in, are what are used to upgrade the maximum amount of certain skills in the main features.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Alright I'm dumping gooboo. I saw a comment by a guy in the itch comments who has been time skipping to see more stuff and he's been mining helium (a later game mine resource) for two straight months and hasn't managed to get enough to buy a single upgrade that requires it

E: though honestly by not playing I think I'm doing what the dev intended

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

Alright I'm dumping gooboo. I saw a comment by a guy in the itch comments who has been time skipping to see more stuff and he's been mining helium (a later game mine resource) for two straight months and hasn't managed to get enough to buy a single upgrade that requires it

E: though honestly by not playing I think I'm doing what the dev intended

Is this because there aren't any upgrades for helium yet or because it's really just that slow? I can believe that it's the current intended wall of content, but also that it's just been slowed down to incredibly slow speed due to the dev expecting people to enjoy not playing their game for a month at a time.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Yeah that same thread indicates that the Dev clearly hasn't completed work on very-late-game stuff yet. It sounds like the Gallery even has a "this isn't done" indicator if you zip too far into the future.

My personal assumption is stuff like helium mining, tier 7 buildings, and colors after purple are essentially "not supposed to be accessed yet" and thus incomplete on purpose.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Gooboo seems neat so far it just really feels like it's still very much in development and not all of the changes are always good so I think I might just keep away from it until it's a bit more stable or closer to being complete.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

At the end of the available content, the dev put up giant walls that make progress glacial as a way of saying, "Come back later."

Probably not the best way to handle it, but I guess they don't want to do an expansion and everybody immediately gets to the end again.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Melvor Idle: So I got me a clear of Volcanic Cave done via packing on mostly full Dragon (g) with an Elite Defense amulet, Sunset Rapier, Paladin gloves, and the Sandstorm ring. I think I hit my "now what" because I'm saving up for Auto-Eat 3 and I dunno if I want to overnight me some Magic Logs again.

I think I'm still missing something with money, though.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

By missing something with money do you mean not sure how to make it reliably? I'm still nowhere with my combat skills but have Fishing/Cooking at 120 so overnight I can cook a stack of gold star mystic sharks for like 60m or so. I think without the expansions doing the same with whales might be your best bet.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

explosivo posted:

By missing something with money do you mean not sure how to make it reliably? I'm still nowhere with my combat skills but have Fishing/Cooking at 120 so overnight I can cook a stack of gold star mystic sharks for like 60m or so. I think without the expansions doing the same with whales might be your best bet.

Yeah, reliable money. I think I flipped off Perfect Cooks for when I needed to go through all of my manta rays for eating. But I think that'll be my next overnighter: whales.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

dipwood posted:

At the end of the available content, the dev put up giant walls that make progress glacial as a way of saying, "Come back later."

Probably not the best way to handle it, but I guess they don't want to do an expansion and everybody immediately gets to the end again.

The difference between those giant walls and the giant walls the game has already kinda sucks. I was on the fence with gooboo after the nerfs but maybe I'll check back in a year or whatever.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

widespread posted:

Yeah, reliable money. I think I flipped off Perfect Cooks for when I needed to go through all of my manta rays for eating. But I think that'll be my next overnighter: whales.

I do my best to load up on Generous Cook potions, ent/pig tablets for their synergy, and the township cooking scroll before doing the overnighter for extras of whatever you're making to sell. If you have 99 mastery with cooking whales it's a guaranteed perfect cook every time so you can really crank em out if you have enough everything to last all night. Also make sure when you are fishing you have the octopus/pig synergy equipped so you also are getting bonus cooked whales to sell for even more free gold!

Edit: Where I'm at atm:

Just really dreading a couple of these, been trying to focus on ones that would make completing the rest easier. Combat all feels so aimless to me beyond looking up all the gear and finding gear you want and fighting that specific thing to get it.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 2, 2023

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

widespread posted:

Are you set up to fletch dragon javelins? They’re the best way to make money that isn’t end-game combat.

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003
I watched an advent calendar video on Youtube a little while ago and that jogged a memory of the Advent Incremental game from last year. Each day has a different mini game that builds off of the previous days. I have played the first two days and man, I never thought I could have nostalgia from something a year old.
https://www.thepaperpilot.org/advent/

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

explosivo posted:

I do my best to load up on Generous Cook potions, ent/pig tablets for their synergy, and the township cooking scroll before doing the overnighter for extras of whatever you're making to sell. If you have 99 mastery with cooking whales it's a guaranteed perfect cook every time so you can really crank em out if you have enough everything to last all night. Also make sure when you are fishing you have the octopus/pig synergy equipped so you also are getting bonus cooked whales to sell for even more free gold!

What's worse is that I could try to do that. But bank space is saying no. Everything else says yes.

Chakan posted:

Are you set up to fletch dragon javelins? They’re the best way to make money that isn’t end-game combat.

Just unlocked Mithril Javelins via fletching Ruby Bolts for the gently caress of it. That, Herbology, and Thiefing are my low spots right now.

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most
Looks like a new zone in Your Chronicle just got added: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1546320/view/3873721309643456802?l=english

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

It’s probably going to be a bit of a grind. There is a new resource that is central to progressing in the new zone, and that is fate. It is made in a loop action that takes my character 54 seconds to create, and drains 3k destiny. I have been idling my character for the past couple of months, so I am currently making 7.6 fate per loop. It is still going to take awhile, as it looks like a lot of the new actions in the zone take 5 or 10 fate. The good news is that just getting like 20 fate gets you to the new zone with the first two dungeons ready to go (second just needs to clear the first). And that unlocks 500M levels for your main character.

I will probably just be checking on this once or twice a day for awhile as the character levels up for the next week or two.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Thanks for the recs on Unnamed Space Idle, I love the pace/play pattern. It's a great balance where I feel like I can leave the game alone for a day and come back to some sort of progress, or play more actively and tweak a bunch of loadouts etc. to push through content and unlock some new mechanic. Just got the Warp Drive stuff and man this game just keeps piling layers on.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I've been playing through Dodecadragon again and it definitely feels like it's going much faster than the last time I played it awhile back. A lot of the mechanics seem to automate much earlier and it feels like less of a slog to get to the tipping point for new mechanics to snowball into the big gains and push your old mechanics up.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Randalor posted:

I've been playing through Dodecadragon again and it definitely feels like it's going much faster than the last time I played it awhile back. A lot of the mechanics seem to automate much earlier and it feels like less of a slog to get to the tipping point for new mechanics to snowball into the big gains and push your old mechanics up.

Yeah it’s way better but I feel like it makes it even more jarring when you hit Knowledge now.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Knowledge was a bit of a slog, but not too bad once it got going and you get the knowledge boosts up. The big trick to it was just never trying to max out the amount and just hold the enter key after clicking on one once sigil gain outpaced a level, then upping it by 5/10/25 when you can.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Thanks for letting me know they'd reactivated the game, that let me finish it off.

nerox
May 20, 2001

edgeman83 posted:

I watched an advent calendar video on Youtube a little while ago and that jogged a memory of the Advent Incremental game from last year. Each day has a different mini game that builds off of the previous days. I have played the first two days and man, I never thought I could have nostalgia from something a year old.
https://www.thepaperpilot.org/advent/

This doesn't seem to work for me anymore, I just see a blank page :(

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i'm at sector 21 in USI and i dont know what loadout to refit my ship with to use the kinetic cannons. should i go all three cannons?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Farmers against potatoes question:
Is there a syntax to set a custom input in worm resources as a percentage of larvae instead of percentage of poop?

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Dec 6, 2023

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Farmers against potatoes question:
Is there a syntax to set a custom input in worm resources as a percentage of larvae instead of percentage of worms?

No, unfortunately, that box can only do worms percentages and not larva percentages. It's on the long list of things to fix eventually but doesn't seem to be a priority.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i'm at sector 21 in USI and i dont know what loadout to refit my ship with to use the kinetic cannons. should i go all three cannons?

You're most powerful when you have 100% boost uptime + pick all boost power increasing nodes for weapons. This means that apart from specific counters (like beam vs shield regen or missiles vs swarms of tiny ships) you're best off using either all beams or all kinetics so you maximize boost potential. Later, once you have more slots, it's worth adding at least one weapon of the opposite class so you can use both boost types vs bosses.

If you're idling boost doesn't matter of course (until you get the autoboost modules, but even then they don't work offline), so mixing weapon types is a more viable option then.

You quickly outmatch most early sectors regardless of weapon type, so focus your weapons loadout on the current highest sector, and maybe any bottleneck sector(s) along the way (by using retrofitting).

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Speaking of weapon cores, I'm on sector 22 and just unlocked the 2.0 weapons from the base-building thing & I can't tell if they're a trap or not at this point. They do so much damage but with the huge scrap costs for leveling them I'm missing out on a lot of perks by only being able to get a few stages up the tree. Do I want to go all-in on them right now even if I'm not close to making them out? Put them aside? Mix and match with 1.0s?

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

It’s been a little bit since I played, but I think generally you want to switch to the 2.0 weapons (or whatever the next tier is) when you can max out the current tier. Unmodded, 2.0 is stronger than 1.0, but I think in the middle of mods, 1.0 and 2.0 tend to be close in damage. And you get things that buff other weapons of the same type that skew damage numbers towards higher modified 1.0.

This advice does not apply to challenges. Things get weird in challenges, and generally you want the cheapest version to upgrade, or it straight up doesn’t matter.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
A new idle game came out today, https://web.idle-mmo.com

Similar to Ironwood, but I found it more enjoyable for some reason during the Beta. I didn't get very far though cause the reset was going to happen soon.

Referral code if anyone wants to give it a try: IMMO926

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

What in particular made you like it more than Idlewood?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Malt posted:

A new idle game came out today, https://web.idle-mmo.com

Similar to Ironwood, but I found it more enjoyable for some reason during the Beta. I didn't get very far though cause the reset was going to happen soon.

Referral code if anyone wants to give it a try: IMMO926

A brief glance makes this feel very very cash grabby, the first benefit of the $6.99 membership is

"Increase your maximum idle time. Featured
Increase your maximum idle time from 80 minutes to 120 minutes."

A single inventory slot upgrade cost $3.50 in real money.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
the real travesty is the beeping