Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://twitter.com/antonioguterres/status/1732457928496496793?s=20

I dont know what the hell this article 99 or whatever thing is and if it's signficant in any way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Al-Saqr posted:

I dont know what the hell this article 99 or whatever thing is and if it's signficant in any way.

the un is exactly as powerful as the model un

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

anyway the idea of blue helmets fighting idf troops alongside hamas is still a beautiful dream

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol i still can't believe the idf did the pointing soyjak

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Strep Vote posted:

:unsmith: "it was quite the journey" "she was my moral support even though she didn't want to be" lol

She's describing it like her flight got cancelled & she needed to add three more stops to her trip lol

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

I think it forces a security council vote, which will be defeated for obvious reasons

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
Am I missing something, because this doesn't seem like much. He just "brings it to their attention."

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

how fast would the war end if china decided to embargo israel

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

It probably doesn't mean anything and if it does he should stay away from airplanes for a while

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://twitter.com/leylarostami/status/1732447944610021603?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

It probably doesn't mean anything and if it does he should stay away from airplanes for a while

Well in fairness it's pretty unprecedented, and shows the majority of UN members are opposed to Israeli and american aggression. Though its in the same way as france's "strategic autonomy" which is lol

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Al! posted:

how fast would the war end if china decided to embargo israel

How do you think that would work? Get a solemn handshake from Joe that no aliexpress deliveries to Washington get forwarded to Telaviv?

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Fansy posted:

Can we get some donation links added to the op?

It is unfortunately illegal to send money to hamas

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

KomradeX posted:

What are those, leaflets?

Yes, they are there to tell civilians where to gather so Israel can more easily bomb them. Every single time this happens.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmao

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

genericnick posted:

How do you think that would work? Get a solemn handshake from Joe that no aliexpress deliveries to Washington get forwarded to Telaviv?

Just the extra cost/grifting that would cause would be an enourmous hit to Israel, soit would still be worth it. Not to mention the amount of op-eds crying about how unfair the chinese are being.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

I think that's the one the secretary general invokes to declare themself Dag Hammarskjold 2

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

America is now vastly lowering it's goals and expectations, now says that there will be a 'transitional period' instead of a full overthrow of hamas (meaning they now know they cant win)

Urgent | US State Department: America understands that there will be a transitional period after the end of major combat operations inside #غزة

https://twitter.com/AJA_Egypt/status/1732475250128863642?s=20
buddy, they mean israel is going to occupy gaza for a "transitional period" ie forever

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

this dude is gonna be in so many goatse edits now

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Lowtax?!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

I hope this guy knows he's a meme and is really angry about it.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The UN thing is the same as the city council votes and die ins and whatever else just on a larger scale. Taken in isolation they are all meaningless and ineffectual. But in aggregate they make it increasingly clear just how manufactured the support for Israel you see from elites and legacy media actually is. And getting people to realize that is an important step towards ending the apartheid regime.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

sleep with the vicious posted:

https://twitter.com/azaizamotaz9/status/1732453471041794224?t=amEyQgyOGPVhmk5P2W25Mg&s=19

God this is just horrific and heartbreaking. I have nothing else to say I just want to put that out there. gently caress

its not israel's fault that hamas makes shields out of all the apartments, houses, schools, playgrounds, hospitals, orphanages, mosques, churches, animal rescues, weddings, funerals, fishing boats, restaurants, news offices, firestations, the ground, the sky, molecules, ..

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

recursive one of him pointing at that icky forehead zit

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

serve some uh non alcoholic pina coladas and im loving there :cheersbird:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Yemene drink allaholic Pina coladas

Why Anything
Apr 15, 2006
Because everything. Obviously.

Al-Saqr posted:

It's basically the Secretary General's most powerful constitutional authority (for what that's worth). Hasn't been invoked in decades (70s I think perhaps last time?). At the very least it means that the Secretary General expects to be invited to the Security Council this week on the letter. The letter is intended to pile on yet more pressure for a permanent ceasefire given the humanitarian catastrophe, many thousands of dead civilians (plus over 130 UN staff, hundreds more medical personal), and the near paralysis of the humanitarian response. As long as the US government keeps saying essentially "too early to tell what the impact of Israel military move into southern Gaza" means though hard to see how Security Council agrees on anything. Anyway it's the power and the responsibility that the Secretary General has under the UN charter: further sound the alarm. So that's what they have done. The limitations of our international system.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Al-Saqr posted:

drat i never knew muslim women had sex and wore lengerie what a shocker

everyone knows they have sex through a hole in the burqa

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

From what I can tell, it's basically a very formal and forceful DO SOMETHING

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
If they're telling them to evacuate Khan Yunnis where the gently caress do they even go? Rafah is 20 minutes away

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

E2M2 posted:

If they're telling them to evacuate Khan Yunnis where the gently caress do they even go? Rafah is 20 minutes away

the idf would like them to go to egypt or the afterlife

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

E2M2 posted:

thats right its only 20 minutes

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

Our conclusion from this exploration of causal hierarchies of violence is that one of the most crucial, and so far underappreciated, factors determin­ ing extremely violent behavior is impunity: the compound effect of a lack of governmental, media, and judicial oversight and lack of legal clarity. Notions of impunity are a thread through most of the chapters in this volume: from institu­ tionalized avoidance of accountability on the political level (Bennett and Romijn), to institutionalized indifference on the level of military tactics (Harinck), to personalized impunity for perpetrators of rape and other abuses (Scagliola and Vince), to even a lack of retrospective reputational accountability in the vari­ ous national memory cultures (Branche). Impunity emerged as the spider in the causal web binding many of the abovementioned factors together. For example, impunity exacerbates the brutalizing consequences of exposure to violent cir­ cumstances and overall psychological wear and tear on troops. Impunity also ties in with more structural factors such as the colonial system in which the white man was virtually untouchable. And impunity may also correlate with the nature of irregular warfare or counterinsurgency, which requires a high degree of dis­ persal of troops even down to platoon level—and thus lack of oversight. In sum, an institutionalized system of impunity at the tactical level, together with an often conscious lack of accountability at the strategic and political level, is some­ thing we can identify in all of the cases studied in this book, and seems to have been a linchpin connecting many other causal factors.

Impunity is a good way to describe it, as well as a lack of accountability. You can see it, like in that video of Hebron by the Palestinian American, where the individual Israeli soldier is basically judge, jury and executioner. 19 year old pimple faced teens having the power to attack and fire on any Palestinian they see, and glorying in it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

E2M2 posted:

Rafah is one of the locations the IDF is heavily bombing too.

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

Al-Saqr posted:

Israelis dont deserve the level of kindness shown to them by the resistance.

But the Palestinians deserve it - i.e. they owe themselves to not stoop to the level of the Israelis.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

they want them to drown in the sea or cross into egypt so they can raze gaza entirely salt it and never let anyone back in

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

everyone knows they have sex through a hole in the burqa

EVERY ACCUSATION IS AN ADMISSION

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

euphronius posted:

the capacity of a c-17 is 170,900 pounds

Way behind but yea, ~18 tons means they sent one single Hercules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Sancho Banana posted:

Am I missing something, because this doesn't seem like much. He just "brings it to their attention."

It's the UN, what does your heart say