Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which 2023 game do you think will win Something Awful’s Game of the Year award?
This poll is closed.
Dead Space 5 5.10%
Metroid Prime 15 15.31%
Resident Evil 4 17 17.35%
Super Mario RPG 37 37.76%
System Shock 24 24.49%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

you can buy dlc with 0 minutes of content now, where the campaign and all missions/raids are deleted from the game and what used to be a full expansion pack is now just a p2w weapon pack that does nothing but give you exotics

I honestly don't understand any of these words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

the DLCs used to have levels or zones but they got removed

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

it means if you bought the $60 "Forsaken" expansion pack in 2018 (or anything earlier than that), the actual game stuff you paid for (like the whole single player expansion campaign / storymode and the open world planet to explore) has been permanently removed. And it's a live service game so you can't just go back to an older patch.

The only part of it that hasn't been deleted is the new weapons the expansion added and I think one raid.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/1732591673534771674?s=20

Four, huh?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Is that game not dead

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

literally the only V:TM vampire clan i remember is malkavian and they didn't put it in lol. lmao

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

it means if you bought the $60 "Forsaken" expansion pack in 2018 (or anything earlier than that), the actual game stuff you paid for (like the whole single player expansion campaign / storymode and the open world planet to explore) has been permanently removed. And it's a live service game so you can't just go back to an older patch.

The only part of it that hasn't been deleted is the new weapons the expansion added and I think one raid.

as in they completely deleted the single player campaign? you just cannot play a thing you paid for?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yes!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://twitter.com/KrisWolfheart/status/1732585345894474100

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
In Pokemon Violet, you're inevitably going to be overleveled for some areas because of how the game splits between East and West at the start, right? Since they both have to accommodate players that are just starting out.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
a good opportunity to level up new friends

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

yeah i'm not actually minding it that much. i'm finding the game very chill in general.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Uh ohh, they made captain boomerang authentically Australian level racist

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

not sure the story is the make-or-break part of that game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

VostokProgram posted:

as in they completely deleted the single player campaign? you just cannot play a thing you paid for?
its In The Vault

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No malkavian? Game is gonna suck (not in the cool vampire way)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

VostokProgram posted:

welcome to the Sunsetting process

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sunsets are very beautiful

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Runa posted:

welcome to the Sunsetting process

they Sunsetted my favorite gun, the only gun i liked to shoot, and hey guess what i quit the game

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I loved the Arkham games so much :smith:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

This reads like a butthurt DC lorefan who may have a point or they might be mad that Harley Quinn isn't wearing his favorite outfit or whatever, so ehhh

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I feel like maybe playing Her Story afer playing Immortality was the wrong order. I've only got 51 minutes in Her Story and I'm already pretty sure I could give you a broad strokes picture of what happened -- not the murder, that seems almost incidental, but, I could tell you, y'know... her story.

I know your themes already, Sam Barlow! You can't sneak words like reflection past me!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really want this game to be good, but fully expecting it, along with Suicide Squad, to be two of the worst games of 2024.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

When I think of games with a good story the Arkham games aren’t exactly what pops to mind

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If game developers couldn’t survive bad stories then nobody would still be in business.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
King Shark's mini-gun will be the best goddamn mini-gun you've ever shot in a video game and you will forgive the nonsensical story.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

I said come in! posted:

I really want this game to be good, but fully expecting it, along with Suicide Squad, to be two of the worst games of 2024.

In a year when Redfall and Gollum released that’s a pretty big call

It’s been a generally great year for gaming but loving hell there’s been some absolute stinkers too

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cleared all levels & got all the Wonder Seeds in Mario Wonder.

Can't be arsed getting all missed coins/flags/standees for the 100% clear reward of a black title screen.

It's not going to be SA GOTY, but I think it has a fair crack at the Top 3 and there's no way it's outside the Top 5

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

webmeister posted:

It’s been a generally great year for gaming but loving hell there’s been some absolute stinkers too

No one in this thread even mentions we've gotten the worst CoD ever made!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

webmeister posted:

It is not 2024 yet - though it feels awfully close!

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

This year's best game is The Making of Karateka and we now know that 2024's best game will be Llamasoft: The Jeff Minter Story, so it's nice to have that locked in early.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk off to a strong start

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Read the Suicide Squad leak and lmao. This is gonna piss of everyone attatched to any of the DC stuff or the old Arkham games. Unfortunately it also sounds miserable enough that even the people who aren't mad probably won't enjoy it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

A Sometimes Food posted:

Read the Suicide Squad leak and lmao. This is gonna piss of everyone attatched to any of the DC stuff or the old Arkham games. Unfortunately it also sounds miserable enough that even the people who aren't mad probably won't enjoy it.

Can you post it (link or a synopsis under spoiler tags)? I did a search but just saw a bunch of I presume AI generated articles that just repeat the same information 85 different ways without actually saying anything: Killer Croc might be in Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League, Killer Croc is a DC comics character who may appear in Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League, Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League is a video game said to feature potentially Killer Croc, a DC comics character who may appear in Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League. When will Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League come out? We don't have a set date but when it does it appears it may feature Killer Croc, a DC comics character who may appear in Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League. Need to know more about Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League? It's a game coming out at an undetermined date which is said to potentially feature Killer Croc, a DC comics character. DC comics is famous for characters such as Killer Croc, who may be appearing in Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League, a video game that will be coming out though we don't yet have a date. Make sure to check back to learn more about Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League and other information on who might appear in it, such as Killer Croc.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Chants of Sennaar is a fun $20 game where you come to a foreign town and try to decipher their language.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Can you post it (link or a synopsis under spoiler tags)?

It's here and apparently fake
https://www.resetera.com/threads/suicide-squad-kill-the-justice-leagues-plot-has-supposedly-leaked-major-spoilers-ahead-up-fake.791466/

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Can you post it (link or a synopsis under spoiler tags)? I did a search but just saw a bunch of I presume AI generated articles that just repeat the same information 85 different ways without actually saying anything: Killer Croc might be in Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League, Killer Croc is a DC comics character who may appear in Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League, Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League is a video game said to feature potentially Killer Croc, a DC comics character who may appear in Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League. When will Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League come out? We don't have a set date but when it does it appears it may feature Killer Croc, a DC comics character who may appear in Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League. Need to know more about Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League? It's a game coming out at an undetermined date which is said to potentially feature Killer Croc, a DC comics character. DC comics is famous for characters such as Killer Croc, who may be appearing in Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League, a video game that will be coming out though we don't yet have a date. Make sure to check back to learn more about Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League and other information on who might appear in it, such as Killer Croc.

Here's a resetera link. The original reddit post got lawyered apparently.

Highlights include

- Batman (that is Arkham Batman) killing Robin
- Ivy is twelve now. And Walker gets Captain Boomerang to put a bomb in her neck.
- the Justice League do all get killed in pretty lame ways
- multiverse poo poo
- game ends with oops all brainiacs better buy the season pass to continue the story.
- Harley carves bat symbols into batman for some reason?

Infinitum posted:

It's here and apparently fake

I heard it was real but " put in a bad light".

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well I hope it's fake because all that sounds spectacularly bad, good Lord.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Pokémon Violet's picnic sandwiches inspired me to put a bit of extra effort into my breakfast today. It was the best sandwich I've had in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Infinitum posted:

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk off to a strong start

Just seeing a bunch of weird motherfuckers doing a dumb dance while threatening you was an instasell for me

BRCF isn't Disco Elysium but the story is a lot more imaginative than I thought it was gonna be, the lack of expression from the character models makes it leagues funnier (esp. Tryce)

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Dec 7, 2023