Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

What in the actual gently caress are they doing? they have everyone pushing around their bullshit narrative, why back off doubling down now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

FlapYoJacks posted:

A 6er for a SYQ is a badge of honor.

live by the sword die by the sword

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

lmao

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

text editor posted:

What in the actual gently caress are they doing? they have everyone pushing around their bullshit narrative, why back off doubling down now?

The hostages are going to eventually be released and will probably tell the truth

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

he's looking at some idf dudes sleeping in their jammies

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

Hey, all of you who've spent several days and several threads defending this fabulous act of "resistance", what part of it did you like most? The war rape? The slicing of children in half? The parading of bodies in Gaza to a cheering crowd?

Do we have to pick just one?

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

text editor posted:

there are probably five or six guys high up in the ranks who learned the trade from legit soviet veterans back in the seventies and desperately want to be a real military again.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

when the wunderwaffe security system eats poo poo.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

video footage of hamas atrocities on oct. 7th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao9Wxov9lQM&t=66s

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

text editor posted:

One possibility is they need to walk a knife-edge of propaganda spin: just enough urgency to keep the "Hunt for Hamas/Rescue the hostages narrative alive and stave off war weariness through casualty aversion, not so much ("oh my God did you hear what they're doing to them we need to get them out NOW") that it increases public pressure or makes them look any worse than they already do by not being able to affect their release militarily.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

boo boo bear posted:

there are probably five or six guys high up in the ranks who learned the trade from legit soviet veterans back in the seventies and desperately want to be a real military again.

I don’t think so - all their celebrated generals and founders committed the nakba

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

kazmeyer posted:

tbf I'm pretty sure at least some of the Hamas commandos jaywalked sooooooo

jaywalking isn't a crime. and it's doubly not a crime if it's being done in the service of destroying israel

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/dw_politics/status/1732094496534323574

The near future from now: "Antisemitism is when you're not sacrificing your pension to buy Israel one more bomb to destroy the tent clinics with."

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

tfw u go periscope up

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

A 6er for a SYQ is a badge of honor.

take_it_slow
Jul 7, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Yeah! In 2012 the Israeli courts ruled that it was an accident, and the driver didn't see her (her murder was in 2003). There is absolutely no way she wasn't seen though, the way the bulldozers are designed makes this claim impossible. Then they said because it was in combat operations at the time in 2003, that it was okay. Either way, her parents didn't get justice for the murder of their daughter, but she became a hero of the Palestinians.
Her parents are still out there fighting Israel and organizing to support palestine, as in regularly meeting with folks in Olympia and coordinating donations to organizations that can get aid to Palestine ASAP. https://rachelcorriefoundation.org/

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

Hey, all of you who've spent several days and several threads defending this fabulous act of "resistance", what part of it did you like most? The war rape? The slicing of children in half? The parading of bodies in Gaza to a cheering crowd?

If you think this is such a great thing for Gaza and the world, get off your keyboard, arrange a one-way trip to Israel, and sneak over to the Gaza strip and present yourself to Hamas as a hostage. If you somehow survive the ordeal and aren't raped, murdered, and paraded in Gaza, you might do something actually significant to improve the goals of the fabulous resistance.

Every single one of these "pro-Palestinians", as well as the long overdue tankies, should be banned from these loving forums. It's a pox upon it that they are let to be here so long, and it's a pox upon you and your team for probating and banning people presenting real historical information that's not comfortable for Westerners and inconvenient to the Palestinian narrative. Don't bother with punishments, I'll be out momentarily.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

That guy sure was something else.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

this is the ultimate form LMAO

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Vomik posted:

I don’t think so - all their celebrated generals and founders committed the nakba

didn't mean to imply anyone listened to them, just figured if we got one they gotta have at least a half-dozen frosted flake types.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

he's peeking into his house

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

jaywalking isn't a crime. and it's doubly not a crime if it's being done in the service of destroying israel

Israel is committing genocide but have you considered Hamas jaywalked?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

man even if you believe every bit of the israeli atrocity propaganda, it's like you watched a guy who's being strangled to death kick his assailant in the balls and got mad at the victim for fighting dirty

also i guess in this metaphor you're probably really insistent the strangler has a right to self defense

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

KomradeX posted:

We can't beat you so we'll be Nazis is shockingly common among Westerners who all think if you're not winning you're not doing enough war crimes or just drop nukes on (X Group)

Catching up but yeah, the coolest guy you can be is the reluctant monster. "We don't want to kill anybody but we're drat good at it and you poked the bear" is a huge part of America's national mythos, to the extent that you'll often seen it given to America Jr. in statements like "if Israel was trying to do a genocide, Palestine wouldn't exist."

By assuming that you are capable of absolutely incredible violence, anything you do that's less than bare-handed tearing your enemy in half and throwing them over a building becomes a mark of your restraint and good character. Even if you try and fail to kick somebody's rear end, you actually could have, you just didn't want to, and anything else you do to them after that is basically a generous compromise in comparison. This is how we get situations where the most moral army in the world is salting the earth and everyone is like "wow they're showing a lot of restraint there"

Real Mean Queen has issued a correction as of 06:14 on Dec 7, 2023

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Pretty much the only response you need to have to any of this poo poo is "even granting that, for the sake of argument, on the other side of the scale you have literal according-to-Hoyle genocide."

After the misuse of the Kurdish women fighter photos I'm running out of "granting for the sake of argument that's true" mana for zionist apologia. If there was a hasbara talking point that it was okay to genocide palestinians because gravity still worked, i'd quick drop a pen to make sure they were telling the truth.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

palestinian youths are fighting back against israelis in Ramallah in the west bank

Urgent | Reporter ⁧‫#الجزيرة‬⁩ : Confrontations erupt between Palestinian youths and Israeli occupation forces in the city of Ramallah.

https://twitter.com/aja_egypt/status/1732605970973442092?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the KISS army is the most moral army in the world

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

lobster shirt posted:

i will admit to not recognizing a syq from permabanned poster absurd alhazred, and therefore to being owned. i have requested the admins commute the sixer. and i am ashamed.

getting a probe because you got a mod in a SYQ on your rap sheet is like a commendation medal.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
lol I went and found the post that SYQ was from and on the same page the calm Hitlers were arguing that Hamas totally decapitated 40 babies lmfao. Are they ever correct?

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

FlapYoJacks posted:

lol I went and found the post that SYQ was from and on the same page the calm Hitlers were arguing that Hamas totally decapitated 40 babies lmfao. Are they ever correct?

they're liberals, so no they are not.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

thats the thing that kind of drives me nuts is that we're literally baboons flinging poo poo at the zoo visitors but for some reason we are right 99% of the time.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

aljazeera now confirming starbucks losses of 11 billion dollars

=======

‎Starbucks loses $11 billion due to boycotts and strikes

https://x.com/ajarabic/status/1732625987895230495?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

thats the thing that kind of drives me nuts is that we're literally baboons flinging poo poo at the zoo visitors but for some reason we are right 99% of the time.

Not believing the IDF and western media/nations is really easy to do and makes you correct 99% of the time. Who would have thought?!?!

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/MucahitTom/status/1732621714058523111

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

FlapYoJacks posted:

yeah, they're the good guys :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

text editor posted:

There's roughly two sides to the hostage issue in Israel: those who want the hostages back ASAP, and those who want to kill all the hostages and blame it on Hamas. Now which side is more likely to make a big deal about false claims of rape and other sexual violence to make the possibility of another exchange deal impossible?