Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Yeah, LCA is a super great hockey barn. If the pistons were worth a drat I’m sure it would be good for them too, but hockey rules that house, no question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Zach Lavine is dead to me.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

I've been told Kraken games rule

As a infrequent hockey watcher aka Habs fan, the Kraken rule

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I think just the colonnades are a landmark, so you could probably leave that up while taking everything else down, or possibly even relocate them.

Imagining the proud colonnades of Soldier Field looming over a giant parking lot full of drunken meat grilling

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Michigan Football
Red Wings
Lions
Tigers
Michigan Basketball
Root Canal
Colonscopy
Pistons

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

ItohRespectArmy posted:

i think i have probably the funniest lineup of teams in existence.

1. middlesbrough
2. gibraltar
3. detroit lions
4. seattle mariners.
5. new york knicks
6. ottowa senators.
7. partick thistle
8. aston villa
9. england
10. scotland

I feel the need to quote this amazing list and the most shocking part to me is that England and Scotland can both be on it???

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Gonz posted:

Michigan Football
Red Wings
Lions
Tigers
Michigan Basketball
Root Canal
Colonscopy
Pistons

Colonoscopies are rad. You get the drugs that killed Michael Jackson. It's the prep that's bad. Almost as bad as the Pistons currently.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Rooster Brooster posted:

I feel the need to quote this amazing list and the most shocking part to me is that England and Scotland can both be on it???

i have many friends and family who are cursed with those nationalities and I am always happy to collaborate with the majority.

i also forgot the team I'm a part owner in (dorking wanderers)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Colonoscopies are rad. You get the drugs that killed Michael Jackson. It's the prep that's bad. Almost as bad as the Pistons currently.

The prep makes you have several variations of the pistons for like 24h straight

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
The Lions are really the only team I follow closely, for better and for worse.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

The prep makes you have several variations of the pistons for like 24h straight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEm0e_dhPVM

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

His son went to my school and I think Herman was the first person I ever saw use a cellphone. He also chaperoned trips sometimes. Cool dude!

That's awesome

Hand Row posted:

I feel that way about Sterling Sharpe albeit neck injury instead of lovely qb.
Some local pickle company sponsored the packers when he played for them, and my uncle(who lived in WI obv) gave me a poster with him on it and the logo of that company. It was on my wall for like 8 years because of childhood respect

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dejan Bimble posted:

Some local pickle company sponsored the packers when he played for them, and my uncle(who lived in WI obv) gave me a poster with him on it and the logo of that company. It was on my wall for like 8 years because of childhood respect

Was this the local pickle factory in Green Bay? Because I lived like 3 blocks from that pickle plant when I was a youngin and I still distinctly remember the smell when we'd go past it

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Relentlessboredomm posted:

this is dumb, no poo poo the franchise that's only started 2 real QBs over the last 20 some odd years has all of its relevant passing records held by those two HoF QBs. Show me a comparison with other less blessed franchises

3 decades. 30 years. Favre started in 92.

Rooster Brooster posted:

Imagining the proud colonnades of Soldier Field looming over a giant parking lot full of drunken meat grilling

At least they wont be tortured with the games.

1. Bears
2. Blackhawks
3. White Sox
4. Bulls
5. Whoever is playin the packers
6. Whoever is playin the cowboys
7. FC Bayern Munchen
8. Notre Dame football
9. Cubs i guess
10. Charlestown Chiefs

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

ItohRespectArmy posted:

i think i have probably the funniest lineup of teams in existence.

1. middlesbrough
2. gibraltar
3. detroit lions
4. seattle mariners.
5. new york knicks
6. ottowa senators.
7. partick thistle
8. aston villa
9. england
10. scotland

I thought the only people who supported Partick Thistle were politicians so they didn't have to pick Celtic or Rangers

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Sheffield Wednesday
Detroit Lions

In hindsight, with a full choice of 32 teams to pick from, selecting another perpetually disappointing team from a fallen industrial city because they play in vaguely similar colours might not have been my finest hour.

Wouldn't pick anyone else though. Love you, Motor Kitties

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MikeCrotch posted:

I thought the only people who supported Partick Thistle were politicians so they didn't have to pick Celtic or Rangers

Also students at the University of Glasgow & the Glasgow School of Art. After all, Partick's mascot was designed by one of the latter

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I love him and I'll die for him

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
1. Packers
2. Bucks
3. Kerry GAA (football primarily but also hurling)
4. Brewers
5. White Sox
6. Fire FC
7. Edmonton Elks
8. Whoever is playing the Cubs
9. Whoever is playing the Bucs
10. Whoever is playing other divisional rivals
11. Badger football

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Dec 7, 2023

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
1. Lions
2. gently caress Chris Illitch
3. CM Punk
4. Los Angeles Dodgers
5. gently caress Chris Illitch
6. I don't watch basketball
7. I also don't watch college sports
8. A firm nod of respect in the general direction of the Chicago Bears

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
im gonna be fuckin hated...

1. Packers
2. San Francisco Giants
3. FSU 'Noles bitch
4. Bucks-Brewers tepid fandom

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/kfishbain/status/1732774457096142885

End of an era.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

20 Blunts posted:

3. FSU 'Noles bitch

Your QB deserves the Heisman, given how valuable he is.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
1. lions

I don't care about college football at all outside of the big matchups, and even then I don't follow any particular team.

I really don't pay attention to any other sport except maybe F1 if you want to count it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/kfishbain/status/1732777853912014873

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

1. Red Wings
8. Lions
9. Wolverines
10. I dunno the Tigers I guess?

All of the detroit teams are still in a "never spend any money on them" treatment from me

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

From Robbie Gould's retirement article he says his favorite kick was for San Francisco in the 2022 playoffs, beating the Packers in Lambeau on a game-ending FG, then adds:

quote:

We didn’t win it all or even make it to the Super Bowl that season, but, man, that one felt good. I’ve always had a healthy respect for the Packers and that fierce Bears-Packers rivalry. More than anything, though, I just absolutely love Bears fans. So to hit a huge kick like that, on the big stage, to continue my streak of never missing a kick in the playoffs and to also make all of Chicago happy in the process by taking down its rival? It was the best of both worlds.

bless you, robbie

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Who's flying to as Las Vegas?

https://twitter.com/SeifertESPN/status/1732497592162922974

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I should add that baseball sucks but I will bandwagon the Tigers in the event of a playoff run, and that I tried and failed to get into Premier League soccer via Wolves of all teams. It’s pretty much impossible to follow on the west coast and I prefer the higher stakes but lower quality nature of the World and Euro Cups + they don’t have to compete with anything in the summer.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

1. Lions
1. Red Wings
2. Bundesliga (Dortmund/Leipzig/Bayern)
3. Aussie rules (Sydney Swans)
4. Rugby Union (IRFU/Wallabies/All Blacks)
5. Premier League (Man City/Arsenal/Nottingham)
6. F1
10. MLS

Other than the Lions and Wings, I just like to watch good teams play their sport in their league.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
1. Chicago Bears
2. Alabama Crimson Tide
3. USWNT
4. Local AHL team
5. USMNT
6. San Diego Chargers
7. Any one I’m sitting next to’s favorite team if not playing any of the above.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

1: Twins
2: Timberwolves
3: Vikings
4: Just general Minnesota Sports teams not listed I guess
5: idk whatever I vibe with otherwise

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2023/12/06/ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-dan-campbell-free-agent-interest/

Sounds like there's no interest in Suh from the Lions.

I'm cool with that.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

1. Vikings
2. Rest of NFC North
3. Rest of NFC except for the Cowboys, Saints and Seahawks
4. The cool AFC teams (Chiefs, Chargers)
5. Michigan
6. Minnesota Twins, Timberwolves and Golden Gophers
7. Rando college team that happened to be on

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Basically the nicest way possible to say "gently caress no".

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Lmao imagining Suh being a coach on a college team with an ethos of "I'm going to make Gregg Williams look like a saint"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/robertmays/status/1732606592594403477

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

I dunno why, but the "rube" in that tweet strikes me as such an rear end in a top hat bit of phrasing. Like I don't think he would've phrased it that way if he were talking about a New York team's fans. I think he's literally the Vikings beat writer and probably lives in the area, so I'm sure it's not actually a "gently caress the flyover states" thing in reality. I'm just being overly sensitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

badger football
packers
badger mens basketball
brewers
badger volleyball
bucks
other badger sports