Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

i say swears online posted:

my man speaking in tongues, marxistly
His rise to messianic figure is going according to plan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
Whatever new religion Matt starts I’m converting

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

uber_stoat posted:

Dan Quinn is still alive and for all we know will never die.

Mohammed bin Salman-- know this, homeboy, stevia WILL melt your tumors and get you to five percent body fat

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

duck.exe posted:

Whatever new religion Matt starts I’m converting

Zen Grillpillism (reformed).

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

bawfuls posted:

His rise to messianic figure is going according to plan

He is the Christ Man

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

The Peccadillo posted:

Haha, how do you retain so much self awareness and eek out clever historical references to your own condition when that condition was your brain going kaput

🏆

E: Is the easter egg that there was a kerfuffle at Palace Chop House after Dutch died?

Or the sunken treasure

Strokes are weird and while he is probably able to think 100% as clearly as ever, the part of his brain that translates thoughts to words is hosed up. He goes to type a perfectly normal joke and it just comes out as semi babble.

Looks like it's gradually getting better though! I hope his speaking is also improving, we all want him back on the pods/cushvlog eventually 🥺

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I assumed he's just doing strokeposting as a bit

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

No Dignity posted:

probably a lil of column a, lil of column b

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i honestly think that if the people in his life were at all worried about him not being like cognizant enough to handle himself online, he would probably not be online. could just be his stroke motor skills are still coming back and he's not bothering to correct because he thinks it's funny (correct)

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

No Dignity posted:

Gonna start calling gooning strokeposting

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i honestly think that if the people in his life were at all worried about him not being like cognizant enough to handle himself online, he would probably not be online. could just be his stroke motor skills are still coming back and he's not bothering to correct because he thinks it's funny (correct)

Yeah this is how I see it. If he was truly out of it there is no way his wife would let him on twitter.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
There's definitely a nurse and a physical therapist yelling encouragement at him as he struggles through a tweet. I'm looking forward to the montage of him working his way back to crafting The Ultimate Tweet.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Larry Cum Free posted:

There's definitely a nurse and a physical therapist yelling encouragement at him as he struggles through a tweet. I'm looking forward to the montage of him working his way back to crafting The Ultimate Tweet.

Unfortunately, he already crafted The Ultimate Tweet

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/822504053057929218

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Yeah this is how I see it. If he was truly out of it there is no way his wife would let him on twitter.

Might as well get out in front of the inevitable Amber Conspiracyposting and say that's just what she WANTS you to think

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

PostNouveau posted:

Unfortunately, he already crafted The Ultimate Tweet

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/822504053057929218

It's (not really) too bad I deleted Facebook years ago, because I had a banger post that day.

"A nation scratches its balls and smells its hand."

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

it is endearing that this thread is basically a Matt Christman fan chat with a few posts about his podcast

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Rocky montage, except its typing 140 characters

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SwervinSureven/status/1732588366556995739

:same:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
So he didn't have a stroke but an aneurysm?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Amber put on such a weird voice for that ad read. I wonder if the whole audiobook is like that.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Amber put on such a weird voice for that ad read.
the voice was sexy with a hint of Californian cheerleader

PostNouveau posted:

I wonder if the whole audiobook is like that.
:hmmyes:

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Someone read the Amber book and report back with a 5 page double-spaced review tia

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

err posted:

Someone read the Amber book and report back with a 5 page double-spaced review tia

The subjects of Dirtbag are varied and many in amount

One such subject is corn, or as the natives call it, maize

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

well why not posted:

it is endearing that this thread is basically a Matt Christman fan chat with a few posts about his podcast
because he’s always been the best Chapo

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

Amber put on such a weird voice for that ad read. I wonder if the whole audiobook is like that.

She was doing a bit (the bit is vintage children’s advertisement by way of Freakazoid). I listened to a sample of the audiobook, it’s pretty normal.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I just assume Amber did a couple long vape hits before the read.

Also, was I not paying attention, or did Will say that he's married now? To Kath Krueger, I presume.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

He’s married to me, the number one chapo fan.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Halloween Jack posted:

I just assume Amber did a couple long vape hits before the read.

Also, was I not paying attention, or did Will say that he's married now? To Kath Krueger, I presume.
I think he said ‘life’ not ‘wife’

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Well, that's embarrassing. But I do have partial hearing loss, so none of you are allowed to make fun of me, or get mad at me.

Broadlybrowsing
Jul 5, 2021

Halloween Jack posted:

Well, that's embarrassing. But I do have partial hearing loss, so none of you are allowed to make fun of me, or get mad at me.

I heard ‘wife’ too. And it’s like come on wide dick will, put a ring on it

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
matt posting the stroke gif whenever, apparently, he realizes that he posted something incomprehensible is funny

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Law Cheetah posted:

matt posting the stroke gif whenever, apparently, he realizes that he posted something incomprehensible is funny

Likely he can 100% comprehend everything he writes as weird and wrong but can't make his brain write it correctly. Glad he's channeling the frustration into humor

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

JosefStalinator posted:

Likely he can 100% comprehend everything he writes as weird and wrong but can't make his brain write it correctly. Glad he's channeling the frustration into humor

https://twitter.com/ambercrollo/status/1731829067391893931?t=MhcRFmC8KMC_jglIq4Bw4g&s=19

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Matt has ascended

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://x.com/saywhatagain/status/1733313554898657667?s=61&t=N2RxjCcZEoNL3LJNhAQ0dg

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Salieri transcribing Mozart’s Requiem

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
My mom had a really similar stroke I think a few years ago. To her she just had a really bad headache all day one day and when I called her the next she was having a normal conversation with me but to me it was complete nonsense. She was perfectly cognizant, could read and do anything fine but couldn’t translate her thoughts to words. Also oddly the sentences themselves were all finely constructed, just the words swapped out and around.

She recovered over about 6 -9 months and by a year was back to normal accept a little more sometimes having to try and remember a word but indistinguishable from other people her age as far as I can tell.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Heath posted:

So he didn't have a stroke but an aneurysm?

oh drat you're right, i forgot what a stroke was. but its an aneurysm gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/ambercrollo/status/1733507240601202994?s=20

Heavily implying Chris was either with or podding/communicating with Matt when it went down. Or at least had something scheduled matt didn't show for