Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Black Lighter posted:

Yeah, it's this. AFCE is mostly GDT posts and McMagic once again asking for Robert Saleh to be fired. NFCN is probably the second biggest thread, because it's all midwestern fans who acknowledge each other's humanity. We don't do that here. gently caress the Cowboys.

If you're only in on your own team/division, using the division thread as a GDT makes a lot of sense. How many of us are sickos about watching every game? i kinda catch the afternoon games on Sundays only in parts unless the Eagles are playing and actually getting televised in my area. Still gonna watch TNF/SNF regardless though, those are usually the good and/or funny matchups.

euphronius posted:

I make you angry doltos I am sorry 🙏

I’ll try not to reply to you

You didn't make him mad he was born that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I refuse to be gaslit by philly posters into thinking that they're not the problem

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

lol these rankings show how flimsy this generation of stats is. the fact that three outlets can watch the same film and grade a team 49/78/60 or 79/4/40 is absurd

e: also in the preceding tweet he complains that Dak's surrounding talent is overrated because "his OL is decent but not great," which, yes they're ranked 14/32 on your Fake Bullshit Stat Aggregate image. that's exactly Decent But Not Great. that's almost dead center average. so are they overrated or are they appropriately rated as average Ben you ugly sniveling egghead

indigi fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Dec 7, 2023

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Doltos posted:

THE POINT IS YOU ARE IDENTICAL TO NYC/NJ/DC FANS JESUS CHRIST YOU loving PHILADELPHIANS FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

that they're basically new jersey like y'all?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I think once your stadium isn’t even the same state anymore you gotta change the name.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The New York Football Giants of New Jersey

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Doltos posted:

THE POINT IS YOU ARE IDENTICAL TO NYC/NJ/DC FANS JESUS CHRIST YOU loving PHILADELPHIANS FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Terrible, classist post by a questionable football understander.... :thunk: got any stats to back this up? What's the average QBR of a an eagles fan

Asproigerosis fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 7, 2023

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

lol these rankings show how flimsy this generation of stats is. the fact that three outlets can watch the same film and grade a team 49/78/60 or 79/4/40 is absurd

e: also in the preceding tweet he complains that Dak's surrounding talent is overrated because "his OL is decent but not great," which, yes they're ranked 14/32 on your Fake Bullshit Stat Aggregate image. that's exactly Decent But Not Great. that's almost dead center average. so are they overrated or are they appropriately rated as average Ben you ugly sniveling egghead

These aren't stats, they're comparing and aggregating the grades of people who watched the film

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
For Doltos

https://twitter.com/Giants/status/1732817884785578140?t=Lp-ZbBu7ooPEykrHKuHCrw&s=19

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
I am going to the game on Monday night and I’m excited to see Tommy get benched in the 3rd quarter

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

blarzgh posted:

These aren't stats, they're comparing and aggregating the grades of people who watched the film

which is also how "turnover worthy plays" and "catchable passes" are judged. it's all nonsense

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

BiggerBoat posted:

I poke around the other conference threads and the disparity in activity is still odd to me. It can't be a regional thing because the AFCE thread gets, by far, the most amount of posts among the six

On top of everything else, I just want to note that in less than a week, we've had leaks about Zach Wilson refusing to play and Sean McDermott trying to get his team to emulate the 9//11 hijackers. With Snyder gone, all our teams are run with a baseline amount of sanity that keeps us from being able to talk about the really crazy poo poo.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

that McDermott 9/11 story is too crazy, I flatly refuse to believe it

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
you’re saying you’re a 9/11 denier?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

indigi posted:

He admitted it. Jihad on the AFCE, death to the Patriots

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

elime anning posted:

you’re saying you’re a 9/11 denier?

no I know planes did crash into those buildings but I believe it was just a coincidence. really bad luck

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

indigi posted:

"I don’t know why he’s that awkward, but his social skills are lacking," the player said.

“Maybe he’s just wound-up thinking about ball. You’ve got to talk to the team every day. That’s one where maybe he heard it on a podcast. Next episode!

That’s not the one to lead with. He was trying to bring the team together. It was a horrible, horrible reference. He missed the mark."

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish

indigi posted:

The...what, now?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Chillmatic posted:

The...what, now?

quote:

At St. John Fisher College in Pittsford, N.Y., McDermott’s morning address began innocently enough. He told the entire team they needed to come together. But then, sources on-hand say, he used a strange model: the terrorists on Sept. 11, 2001. He cited the hijackers as a group of people who were all able to get on the same page to orchestrate attacks to perfection. One by one, McDermott started asking specific players in the room questions. “What tactics do you think they used to come together?” A young player tried to methodically answer. “What do you think their biggest obstacle was?” A veteran answered, “TSA,” which mercifully lightened the mood

also it's been confirmed by Sean McDermott. so as a nation we've learned nothing from Donald Trump

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

indigi posted:

also it's been confirmed by Sean McDermott. so as a nation we've learned nothing from Donald Trump

He better have made that moron that said TSA run suicides up the law school hill for such an egregious lack of knowledge. The TSA didn't exist yet!

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish
Oh, honey, no.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Sickening posted:

I think once your stadium isn’t even the same state anymore you gotta change the name.

NYC metro area is it's own state and doesn't belong to NY or NJ

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Asproigerosis posted:

Terrible, classist post by a questionable football understander

He's a Giants fan, you can't blame him for thinking every team plays in a suburb

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sickening posted:

I'd support this if only to give heart attacks to the drunkest Cowboys fans in town.

We may cheer for the same team, that does not make us allies.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

CapnAndy posted:

What do they talk about that we don't?

I mean, we already know who in this division is going to the playoffs and who's not, and we're all in agreement about who we hate (the cowboys, each other, teams not in the division, in that order). Things are just pretty settled here, maybe?

In the AFCE thread, they talk about the Jets and Bills a ton and, yeah, there's a lot of throwaway shitposts in that one and the others I read as well. It's just, like, on Monday mornings when I want to read feedback, poo poo talk, meltdowns plus a few game breakdowns the new replies for this thread are always way lower. It's not a criticism or anything. Just something I've noticed that seems weird since our fanbase and markets are as big as anyone's and we field two of the best teams in the entire league.

Perhaps we're just more discerning.

Blarzgh does his "Dak Prescott is amazing/advanced stats/high effort posts and Doltos has his whole angry old man act going. I do...whatever it is I'm doing. But there's simply not as much activity.

By that I mean "gently caress the Cowboys"

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Black Lighter posted:

He's a Giants fan, you can't blame him for thinking every team plays in a suburb

An Eagles fan thinking their stadium isn't filled with suburbanites from Allentown and Easton

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Doltos posted:

An Eagles fan thinking their stadium isn't filled with suburbanites from Allentown and Easton

A Giants fan who thinks the Lehigh Valley is a suburb of Philly

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

All those rich people in Allentown

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

I mean I live in Union county (the union county that is east of the deleware)

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

which is also how "turnover worthy plays" and "catchable passes" are judged. it's all nonsense

"Stop looking at stats! Just watch the game!"
(Company does that)
"No!!"

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Black Lighter posted:

A Giants fan who thinks the Lehigh Valley is a suburb of Philly

Believe it or not there are a lot of people who go to stadiums around the world that live beyond a 15 minute drive

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

euphronius posted:

All those rich people in Allentown

They built mansions after closing all the factories down.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I don't think Euphronius or any other Philadelphian that pretends they're downtrodden know how good they have it

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Fuckin A I grew up in Bethlehem and the sheer amount of people that cosplayed poor while their parents owned mcmansions on land that cost them 15k for 10 acres

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
There is a pretty clear line around Trenton. Anything north is mostly Giants and anything south id Eagles.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I’ve explained in great detail the difference between our thread and its culture, and the culture/posting in those other division threads.

e:

MrMojok posted:

IMO it is because when one posts in here, they immediately get their face kicked in by fans of other teams. As it should be.

NFCE thread is like NFCE football. Mean, rugged, take-no-prisoners poo poo.

Those other division threads like to yak-yak-yak all day like it’s a social club where they knit linens.

In here, you lose about three teeth per post you make and then have to recover for a while.

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Dec 8, 2023

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

If the Cowboys beat the Eagles on Sunday I’ll be pretty happy. Not in my life obviously but about football.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Doltos posted:

Fuckin A I grew up in Bethlehem and the sheer amount of people that cosplayed poor while their parents owned mcmansions on land that cost them 15k for 10 acres

Bibi please stop the genocide!!!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

davecrazy posted:

There is a pretty clear line around Trenton. Anything north is mostly Giants and anything south id Eagles.
Mercer County is kinda the DMZ of fanhood where you get both Philly and NYC media broadcasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

shyduck posted:

Mercer County is kinda the DMZ of fanhood where you get both Philly and NYC media broadcasts

My parents in Monmouth get both too