Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I keep expecting Malkin to show up heavy, but I don’t know if I’m gonna see it. Crosby has kept his numbers up, but man this season has been tough on older players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

.Spec posted:

Man, that first month when Malkin was cookin' and the power play did _anything_ was rad. This team looks cooked and I don't know that firing Sullivan fixes anything.

It may not be the solution but by god they really should try it

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It may not be the solution but by god they really should try it

Yeah I dunno what else they can do. Firing Sullivan might do nothing but staying the course seems like a surefire 10th-12th place finish again

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

The Penguins just passed the puck 45 times on a single shift and I'm not sure Vasy gets credit for a save when that's all over.

.Spec fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Dec 7, 2023

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
Welp, time to come back again this period Stars.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

.Spec posted:

The Penguins just passed the puck 45 times on a single poo poo and I'm not sure Vasy gets credit for a save when that's all over.

the penguins are dogshit garbage

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Stars are gonna crater when they overwork Otter and rely too hard on Miro and a black hole on defense again

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Jesus the pens have trouble bringing it into the offensive zone during a power play. What the gently caress man

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
hurricanes wtf is you doing

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

drat, oilers making a statement

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
Just like real hurricanes they're getting affected by big oil

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
:monocle:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Why is there hockey now?

lol that Hyman ran into Raanta and almost scored and then Foegele dug his stick under Raanta's pad and lifted it up to score. Also lol that that came off Kotkaniemi taking a point shot and both Chatfield and the other D were just standing by the boards in no position at all to back check.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Why is there hockey now?

lol that Hyman ran into Raanta and almost scored and then Foegele dug his stick under Raanta's pad and lifted it up to score. Also lol that that came off Kotkaniemi taking a point shot and both Chatfield and the other D were just standing by the boards in no position at all to back check.

There's not? You're watching a replay of I assume Carolina v Edmonton from yesterday.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Oh, Sportsnet has nothing better to broadcast during the day than full reruns from last night. Curious.

Fine, I'll admit I also didn't actually lol or even chuckle.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Mike Johnson is audibly sick on this broadcast, does TSN have no subs available?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

"Keefe was asked about only having 5 regulation wins and said the Leafs only have 6 regulation losses".

Uhhhhh doing some math here,

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Joe Woll saving his own rear end after that awful pass

Why is Max Lajoie playing, also

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

Joe Woll saving his own rear end after that awful pass

Why is Max Lajoie playing, also

Cool save. As for Lajoie, presumably you heard "great play by Lajoie" and "Matthews misses feeding it back to Lajoie"

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
I hate watching via ESPN+, when the game goes to commercial, it just repeats the same 30 second ad over and over and over. So annoying.

Also these Red Wings announcers really want to remind us that Patrick Kane is friends with Debrincat or however you spell his name.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Cool save. As for Lajoie, presumably you heard "great play by Lajoie" and "Matthews misses feeding it back to Lajoie"

That whole passing play was awful and a microcosm of why I think Keefe’s whole offensive game plan has always been ill-conceived (in what world do you want Nylander in the slot passing it off, then Matthews from a worse but still good angle sending it back to the worst player on the ice?).

But whatever plays aside generally speaking you shouldn’t be icing the organization’s #10 D on the depth chart unless someone’s making you.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Case in point: Lajoie passing to literally no-one to blow the zone on the Leafs best offensive possession of the night

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I was just thinking of Parker Kelly and Rourke Chartier giving the Leafs fits.

Also I did lol at the line about Noah Gregor earning the coach's trust as he was dumping it in to nobody and subsequently spent the rest of the shift hemmed in his own end.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Gregor is definitely a fake checking forward, for sure. He’s yet another speedster with weak hands that keeps his job scoring random goals out of nowhere.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

lol Leafs

So bad

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

In what loving universe was that Goaltender Interference??? gently caress you Boston, the biggest vibe killers

Kale
May 14, 2010

D so soff from Montreal it's safe for 6 months and under. Guy cruising up the ice with the puck, no problem just let him skate in on the goalie with 2 D-Man there and just completely bowl one over. And those are supposed to be the top pairing. :stonk:

e: Imagine if Slafkovsky just hauled up and did Byfeld what just did.

Kale fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Dec 8, 2023

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Sheldon Keefe has a kind of "dad chaperoning a middle school field trip" energy

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ok so Lagesson is out sick, explaining Lajoie, I missed that.

Considering Samsonov has been out for days with illness too I’m gonna assume the Leafs look like poo poo cause they’re all literally crapping themselves with one of those full-team illnesses teams can never eradicate because hockey players are disgusting.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

trilljester posted:

I hate watching via ESPN+, when the game goes to commercial, it just repeats the same 30 second ad over and over and over. So annoying.

Also these Red Wings announcers really want to remind us that Patrick Kane is friends with Debrincat or however you spell his name.

Hey! Shiver me timbo!

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Man, I’m a red wings fan but that’s the most garbage tripping call I’ve ever seen

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Man, I’m a red wings fan but that’s the most garbage tripping call I’ve ever seen

He tripped over the stick that was errant.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Nice shot Marner, stupid pass Domi, and execute whoever designed that Hudson's Bay ad with the tiny geometric pattern.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Goddamn I love this Red Wings team

edit: ANOTHER ONE, THREE GOALS IN 29 SECONDS

second edit: lol the worst thing that happen to this team is being up by 4 goals in the second period, jesus christ

surf rock fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 8, 2023

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Detroit Red Wings hold a 4 goal lead comfortably challenge (impossible)

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Lmao, wtf red wings

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Love that both teams just decided to spot each other three goals

edit: why not a fourth? we're not stingy!

surf rock fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Dec 8, 2023

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

:siren:Sequin ties it

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

tinstaach posted:

Detroit Red Wings hold a 4 goal lead comfortably challenge (impossible)

such a clown show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I wonder if there has ever been another game in the 100+ year history of this league that was 0-0 with 11 minutes to play in the 2nd period and 4-4 at the second intermission