Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

ChickenHeart posted:

Had a mission where the ranged Karnov twin appeared but our team was also built for ranged so he stood there and ate his bodyweight in bullets over the span of 15 seconds.

The guy needs to bunnyhop around like a Quake bot or something, he's the easiest fight in the game by far

They're meant to be fought as a duo so he'd be hitting you at range and throwing out AoE denial fart mines while his twin teleports behind you and does spin combos on you. Very much the makings of a nasty boss fight, but currently they're kneecapped appearing solo and without a shield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

What IS that shield thing in terms of lore anyways? Is it basically the same as the psyker shield and just powered via mind magic+warp energy? Is it some device? Is it just something from this game with no prior equivalent in 40k?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

MuffinsAndPie posted:

What IS that shield thing in terms of lore anyways? Is it basically the same as the psyker shield and just powered via mind magic+warp energy? Is it some device? Is it just something from this game with no prior equivalent in 40k?

Take your pick really in terms of what it is in Darktide, here's a pretty big list of a lot of 40K shield types that it could be: https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Force_Field

edit: in 40K tabletop terms it would be likely an invulnerable save such as the type given by an Iron Halo or Chaplain's Rosarius.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

It's a Vortex Shield. Not familiar with the lore but I do believe they're technology.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
There is about a 99% chance that they will alternate invulnerability shields and you got to swap between the two of them.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I think vortex shields are meant to be man portable versions of void shields. They don't deflect incoming fire but instead absorb it and deposit the projectiles somewhere else through dark age technomancy. That's why stuff like fire and people can move through the shields while munitions get swallowed up.

Exo-
Dec 8, 2021

This game is so addicting. I don't even have anything I'm progressing towards right now, I just want to play more Damnation because it kicks rear end.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

darktide is just good

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Turning a group of completely unaware shotgunners into slurry with a plasma blast never gets old.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Since the talent update, it really is just an amazing game. I have all sorts of games I want to play, but I can't stop playing Darktide. It hits just right.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

I'm a little peeved because all my friends played before the talent tree update and now I can't convince them to give it another try.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

My way for dealing with a snipers as a knife zealot is to run directly at them while ducking and weaving until I'm in charge range and then I just stab them in the face.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

In fact I've found most all problems can be solved by stabbing someone in the face.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

The Demilich posted:

My way for dealing with a snipers as a knife zealot is to run directly at them while ducking and weaving until I'm in charge range and then I just stab them in the face.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

From playtesting a lot of zealot weapons lately I would say my two favorites right now are the crusher and dagger, crusher with hammerblow stacked up will knock down ragers on a light tap and open up bulwarks and crushers on special action hits and regularly sends everything up to crushers knocked down on the ground and easy to pick off for the team.
And dagger because it just kills absolutely everything while you are too fast to get caught by anything and close the distance with gunners instantly.

I have been playing this game off and on since beta and have never seen a good crusher from melk or the shop :mad:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Conversely my solution to all problems has become Plasma.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

And so have your problems!

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I have been playing this game off and on since beta and have never seen a good crusher from melk or the shop :mad:

Brunts is right there, I don't even bother looking at the Armory anymore tbh. Melk's is for blessings and the once in a blue moon actually good weapon.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

The Demilich posted:

In fact I've found most all problems can be solved by stabbing someone in the face.

I stabbed the barrel and now I have more problems!

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

isndl posted:

I stabbed the barrel and now I have more problems!

Now stab them! Stabbing cannot fail, only be failed.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

MuffinsAndPie posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4017117&userid=130475&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post535825486

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4017117&userid=130475&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post535396515

I feel like these wouldn't be bad to add to the end of the OP or put on the second post, if .Z. doesn't mind them added anyways. Al Saqr was just posting up above so he's back and could edit it if he wanted.

I got no issues, heck straight up rip them as the base for a new OP if you want

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I honestly think it's better to link to resources because usually those get updated for you automatically. Some of the OPs in SH/SC are hilariously out of date.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Same, I had to use brunt's to roll for decent 360+ crushers along with whatever the shop had I picked up overtime, still missing skullcrusher 4 but tier 3 blessings are usually good enough, melk or the emperor might give me that t4 one day.

Took a lot of dockets and a bunch of plasteel rolling failures though.

If looking to roll from Brunt I highly recommend getting the auto-discard mod and just buy one at a time and discard <350 items, otherwise you will spend a lot of time digging 300 modifier greys out of your inventory to sell.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

There's a Brunt's armory mix where you can set variables like how many to buy at a time, what you want the minimum star value to be for it to stop, automatically sell under a certain amount, etc. it will even estimate how much you'll need to spend to get the value you are looking for. So you only press the button once, it does its thing, and you end up with the items that meet your criteria and it sells the rest.

I am now always short on dockets. I have plenty of everything else. I buy from Melk's if I see a good blessing that I need so I can break it down.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It really is great they finally found the volume control for crushers and cranked it up a year later.

Also I do find it weird that Maelstrom missions are technically less rewarding then just doing quickplay since you don't get the 10% plasteel from quickplay.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
For secondary missions, how are they rewarded? I remember getting bonus for each scripture you find but I did a mission yesterday and we found 2 and got no points.

Was it always this way?

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Mega Comrade posted:

For secondary missions, how are they rewarded? I remember getting bonus for each scripture you find but I did a mission yesterday and we found 2 and got no points.

Was it always this way?
If you find two of the the three scriptures you should be getting two thirds of the total XP and Ordo Docket Bonus for completeing the Secondary objective. There was supposed to be a better item reward roll at the end of the mission not unlike Vermintide, but I don't know if this was scrapped after it was changed to mission completion guaranteed a reward, the quality of the reward was determined by the mission difficulty. In my experience with Damnation, I'm getting a gold item if I grab the Grims or not, and I haven't noticed decidedly better results when grabbing the Grims - meaning outside of the Melk Contract ( which I'll swap allways ), Scriptures and Grims are only worth a couple thousand EXP and ducats.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Hmm maybe it's bugged?
I have noticed no one wants to do it anymore. Especially grims, so even if it isn't the reward isn't enough.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Mega Comrade posted:

Hmm maybe it's bugged?
I have noticed no one wants to do it anymore. Especially grims, so even if it isn't the reward isn't enough.
In my opinon the current Director is a little too all over the place to give a party breathing room to hunt for the geegaws. You could have a normal Damnation mission that you and the gang can breeze through in 21 minutes and kill 1.8k dudes, or a normal Damnation mission that turns into a 36 minute , 2.8k kill slog swapping out team mates all along the way so that none of the people who started the mission are the ones who finished it ( I'm having issues with error 2001 and 2014 disconnects ever since patch 14 ).

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Dec 8, 2023

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Mega Comrade posted:

Hmm maybe it's bugged?

All it gives is some XP (useless) and dockets (useless), for the trade off of not being able to carry heal or ammo crates? Pass.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Dockets are useless until you blow your 500k wad on trying to get decent rolls on a fancy gun before blowing all your plasteel with Aunty Hadron, to finish with a gun with excellent stat allocation but +1.5 stamina, + 8% crit damage and two lovely blessings.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Dec 8, 2023

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Dockets are very useful until you've rolled all the perfect weapons you care about, which is a variable length of tome based on a per player basis.

Still useful to me at least.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Its not like you dont get dockets for not doing it in a mission It's just +-4k extra dockets (out of +-15 - 20k) if you bother with the scriptures. I imagine for most people that's not nearly enough incentive to bother with em.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I thinknsceiptures and grimoires would be more valuable if they affected the quality of the item you receive at the end of a mission rather than just giving you extra cash.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
tbh id rather keep this current meta of books being questionably valuable, having pubbies not really care about hunting down every single book is such a great improvement on vermintide

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

New knife is outrageous.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Arc Hammer posted:

I thinknsceiptures and grimoires would be more valuable if they affected the quality of the item you receive at the end of a mission rather than just giving you extra cash.

they do

grims are still not worth it except as a way to restore a wound tho

edit: to elaborate, the things that affect the quality of the Emperor's Gift at the end of the mission are-

the difficulty
any modifiers (low intensity does nothing, any other modifier increases the quality)
partial or full completion of the secondary objective (scripts or grims)

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Dec 8, 2023

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Evil Kit posted:

they do

grims are still not worth it except as a way to restore a wound tho

I wish that was better telegraphed :goonsdontreadpatchnotes:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I wish that was better telegraphed :goonsdontreadpatchnotes:

tbf I'm not gonna expect a total newbie to go back and read all the patch notes from release, and it's been a while since Fatshark implemented always getting an Emperor's Gift after missions. Also it's not listed anywhere in game.

That said once you start playing the game regularly if you aren't reading patch notes when they come out idk what you're doing and will never understand not reading them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Fatshark relegating important information to patchnotes and blog posts and never providing ingame tool tips for new features has been their MO since Vermintide 1. There's a reason that mods giving you a better info breakdown are so popular.